Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android MT6735 Mobiistar Lai Zumbo S - Custom ROMs?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

MT6735 Mobiistar Lai Zumbo S - Custom ROMs?

MT6735 Mobiistar Lai Zumbo S - Custom ROMs?

kaurigrateful
kaurigrateful
kaurigrateful
20-01-2018, 09:39 AM

Hello, I am new here! 
I purchased this MT6735 chipset, Mobiistar Lai Zumbo S V1.8_20161028 - currently running Marshmallow 6.0 with 3.18.19 Kernel, while in Vietnam. A budget phone with decent specs. But, there is no support for it anywhere, and the manufacturer's website is in Vietnamese, and even with google translate, hasn't helped much. Luckily, to unlock the bootloader only required using adb and fastboot to oem unlock. No one click programs to root, so I had to port a TWRP 3.0 recovery, using info from chinaphonearena, and luckily managed to find an original ROM on needroms for porting. I then flashed SuperSU to gain root access through Recovery. 

Anyway, because it is such an unknown device apparently, I've been desperately searching for custom ROMs with no avail. I've tried a few MT6735 based ones from MAD Os, and also tried editing the updater-script to edit the assert lines, because it says it is for another device, but keep getting flash failed dialogues. 11 and 6, depending on the method I am using. I went through the root file explorer to make sure the path to /system was correct, and it is. I am wondering if there will be any support for this device in further development? An easy fix or work-around? Or will I just need to keep searching and trying to port other ROMs? Either way, Thank you for your time and effort in developing these for all of us. It is really a huge effort, and it is surely appreciated! 

Kauri Grateful
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
20-01-2018, 08:43 PM
(20-01-2018, 09:39 AM)kaurigrateful Hello, I am new here! 
I purchased this MT6735 chipset, Mobiistar Lai Zumbo S V1.8_20161028 - currently running Marshmallow 6.0 with 3.18.19 Kernel, while in Vietnam. A budget phone with decent specs. But, there is no support for it anywhere, and the manufacturer's website is in Vietnamese, and even with google translate, hasn't helped much. Luckily, to unlock the bootloader only required using adb and fastboot to oem unlock. No one click programs to root, so I had to port a TWRP 3.0 recovery, using info from chinaphonearena, and luckily managed to find an original ROM on needroms for porting. I then flashed SuperSU to gain root access through Recovery. 

Anyway, because it is such an unknown device apparently, I've been desperately searching for custom ROMs with no avail. I've tried a few MT6735 based ones from MAD Os, and also tried editing the updater-script to edit the assert lines, because it says it is for another device, but keep getting flash failed dialogues. 11 and 6, depending on the method I am using. I went through the root file explorer to make sure the path to /system was correct, and it is. I am wondering if there will be any support for this device in further development? An easy fix or work-around? Or will I just need to keep searching and trying to port other ROMs? Either way, Thank you for your time and effort in developing these for all of us. It is really a huge effort, and it is surely appreciated! 

Kauri Grateful

as you already figured out, uncommon phones hardly gets any dev support
either you customize the built-in rom or you search online for how to port mtk custom roms