Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file or pac.sc
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file or pac.sc

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file or pac.sc

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-01-2018, 04:38 PM

This guide explains how to flash a .pac.sc (Spreadtrum rom backup done using Infinity-box CM2 SPD) or .pac file using Infinity Chinese Miracle II (CM2) SPD module. In one of our previous SPD guides, we'd already explained how to flash a pac file (Spreadtrum Android firmware are usually in .pac or .bin format) to a Spreadtrum phone using Research / Upgrade Download tool

Note
For recent Unisoc chipsets, use CM2SP2 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36705.html

Requirements

Steps to flash an SPD pac.sc or pac file using Infinity CM2 SPD

Follow the steps below for how to use Infinity CM2 SPD to flash an SPD pac.sc or pac file

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/Vavz9Axg020

1. Launch Infinity CM2 SPD

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-1.jpg]

2. Under Settings > CPU , select your phone's chipset (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13054.html )

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-2.jpg]

3. Click the Flash tab

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-3.jpg]

4. Click the PAC button

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-4.jpg]

5. In the Window that pops up, select either the .pac.sc or .pac file (depending on which you have) and click Open

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-5.jpg]

6. The pac.sc or pac file's details should now be displayed, click Flash

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-6.jpg]

7. Once you see ====Wait for phone... , power off the phone (still with battery inside), hold the Volume down (decrease) button then connect the phone to the PC via a USB cord

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-7.jpg]

8. The phone should get detected

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-8.jpg]

9. Once CM2SPD starts flashing various partitions, you can release the Volume down button and wait till flashing is complete

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...-SPD-9.jpg]

10. Once flashing is complete, you should get an Elapsed xx:xx:xx message . Disconnect and power up the phone

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-pac.sc...SPD-10.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Infinity CM2 ideally requires a hardware box / dongle to work. Only installing and running the setup without a dongle will result in an error
  •  If you are using a loader version (no hardware needed) and get a virus warning then you are entirely responsible for your decision to heed or ignore
  • Do not interrupt the flashing process else the phone could go dead
  • You should only flash firmware for your phone model (and build number if available) as doing otherwise could brick the device
  • Its recommended you backup your device's firmware before flashing just in case the firmware you flash makes the device worse

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash a Spreadtrum Android phone using Infinity box CM2 SPD. Now, for you to flash your Spreadtrum phone, you're going to of course need the box and the .pac or .pac.sc which you want to flash. Now, this is the CM2 SPD software which you'll later install and this is the pac file / format which you can flash with any tool.

This is the pac.sc format which you flash with only Infinity box. Install the Infinity CM2 SPD. Have the dongle connected to your PC. [installing CM2 SPD] Before I forget, you need to install Spreadtrum drivers. We have a guide at the Forum on how to install Spreadtrum drivers to your PC. Follow that guide, see the video, install drivers if not this is not going to work because drivers enable your phone and the PC communicate.

Now, I've installed the CM2 SPD. I'm going to go ahead to launch it. This often takes a while so be patient while the Infinity box CM2 SPD dashboard comes up. Alright! The dashboard is up. [re-positioning] Now click CPU (under Settings), select your phone's chipset. We have a guide on how to find out the chipset so check out our Forum for that guide. Next, click the Flash tab then click the PAC button. A Window should popup. In this Window, navigate to the location where you have your pac or pac.sc file.

I should mention that the pac.sc is a dump which is exclusive to Infinity box so you can only flash that back using Infinity box but the .pac format can be flashed using any Spreadtrum flash tool like Miracle box, Research Download, Upgrade Download and any other SPD flash tool. What I have here are both the .pac and .pac.sc format. We have a guide on how to convert .pac.sc to .pac file.

I think I'll just select the pac format since that is more universal. Once you select the pac or pac.sc depending on which you have, you click on Open. Chinese Miracle 2 SPD will read the firmware's details then you can go ahead to click on Flash. (red text). You'll see ====Wait for phone..Now, power off the phone, still with battery inside, hold the volume down button then connect it to the PC. You should have detection. [phone detected] Next up, you should have the partitions flashing [flashing].

It might take a while because of the system partition which is usually heavy. [pausing video recording] Alright! and I have Elapsed with the time it took. Now you can disconnect and power up the phone. That's how to flash a Spreadtrum pac.sc or pac file to a Spreadtrum Android phone using Chinese Miracle II SPD module.
This post was last modified: 25-01-2021, 05:16 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
JIJO
JIJO
JIJO
Techie Member
12-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Hi I am flashing this firmware Project Ver : A12-W507AC-6.0-ZA-V005-20170807
But it fails at 70%...Your advice will be highly appreciated
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2018, 11:03 AM
(12-10-2018, 07:11 PM)JIJO Hi I am flashing this firmware Project Ver : A12-W507AC-6.0-ZA-V005-20170807
But it fails at 70%...Your advice will be highly appreciated

Are you flashing in pac of pac.sc format?
What error do you get when it fails @ 70%?
This post was last modified: 13-10-2018, 11:03 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
phillipbossman
phillipbossman
phillipbossman
Enthusiastic Member
12-08-2019, 12:28 PM
may you please convert this one for me https://mega.nz/#!haJCnAZK!YW5N7VyDDzUlG...9U7vdc8Qw4

and send medownload link at phillipbossman@gmail.com
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-08-2019, 06:42 PM

(12-08-2019, 12:28 PM)phillipbossman may you please convert this one for me https://mega.nz/#!haJCnAZK!YW5N7VyDDzUlG...9U7vdc8Qw4

look for someone who has infinity box dongle to help you convert the file; using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21782.html
if you have any other problem then create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
phillipbossman
phillipbossman
phillipbossman
Enthusiastic Member
26-08-2019, 02:47 PM
(12-08-2019, 06:42 PM)X3non
(12-08-2019, 12:28 PM)phillipbossman may you please convert this one for me https://mega.nz/#!haJCnAZK!YW5N7VyDDzUlG...9U7vdc8Qw4

look for someone who has infinity box dongle to help you convert the file; using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21782.html
if you have any other problem then create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
i live in Botswana i do not have anyone who has it around Sad please help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-08-2019, 06:16 PM
(26-08-2019, 02:47 PM)phillipbossman i live in Botswana i do not have anyone who has it around Sad please help

check local phone repair stores, someone ought to have this dongle