Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Rooting Lenovo v6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Rooting Lenovo v6

Rooting Lenovo v6

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
26-01-2018, 12:34 PM

(26-01-2018, 10:09 AM)hovatek
(25-01-2018, 10:16 PM)ham_samm ok so it backed up successfully and i have patched my boot.img

now i want to flash the boot.img using miracle box, am i going to rename it to boot.bin?

Yes

OK it worked when it got to the block dialog, I couldn't find boot to tick

Sent from Samm[CROWN]
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-01-2018, 03:24 PM
(26-01-2018, 12:34 PM)ham_samm OK it worked when it got to the block dialog, I couldn't find boot to tick

Sent from Samm[CROWN]

its one of three things
* you didn't properly rename the boot file to boot.bin i.e maybe the file bears the file name boot.bin.img
* you didn't place the boot.bin in the same folder location as the scatter file and preloader.bin
* your scatter file might be modified wrongly.

possible fixes
* check the properties of the boot file and make sure it is boot.bin not boot.bin.img
* ensure the three files [preloader, scatter and boot] are all in the same folder before flashing
* ensure the scatter file you are using is the same one you got from the backup folder [you might want to consider doing a fresh new backup and ensure to tick boot during backup, then use the scatter file from the new backup]
This post was last modified: 27-01-2018, 11:18 AM by hovatek.
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
27-01-2018, 06:40 AM
(26-01-2018, 03:24 PM)X3non
(26-01-2018, 12:34 PM)ham_samm OK it worked when it got to the block dialog, I couldn't find boot to tick

Sent from Samm[CROWN]

its one of three things
* you didn't properly renamed the boot file to boot.bin i.e maybe the file bears the file name boot.bin.img
* you didn't place the boot.bin in the same folder location as the scatter file and preloader.bin
* your scatter file might be modified wrongly.

possible fixes
* check the properties of the boot file and make sure it is boot.bin not boot.bin.img
* ensure the three files [preloader, scatter and boot] are all in the same folder before flashing
* ensure the scatter file you are using is the same one you got from the backup folder [you might want to consider doing a fresh new backup and ensure to tick boot during backup, then use the scatter file from the new backup]

ok it appeared and i flashed it sucessfully writing

Write Done
>>Total time: 0 mins 1 s
100%

after booting i checked the root status ,it wasnt rooted

i had to backup just the boot again and flash with the boot scatter file with the patched boot,it still did not work.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2018, 11:20 AM
(27-01-2018, 06:40 AM)ham_samm ok it appeared and i flashed it sucessfully writing

Write Done
100%

i had to backup just the boot again and flash with the boot scatter file with the patched boot,it still did not work.

Reboot the phone and re-test using an app that requires root access

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ham_samm
ham_samm
ham_samm
27-01-2018, 08:06 PM

(27-01-2018, 11:20 AM)hovatek
(27-01-2018, 06:40 AM)ham_samm ok it appeared and i flashed it sucessfully writing

Write Done
100%

Reboot the phone and re-test using an app that requires root access

I have done that, I used root Checker to test it, nothing. And no super su Installed on it

Sent from Samm[CROWN]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-01-2018, 08:33 AM
(27-01-2018, 08:06 PM)ham_samm I have done that, I used root Checker to test it, nothing. And no super su Installed on it

Sent from Samm[CROWN]

Do a factory reset > reinstall magisk manager > reflash the patched boot
Let me know if still no root access

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2