Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 QLM to flash Qualcomm firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 QLM to flash Qualcomm firmware

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2 QLM to flash Qualcomm firmware

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-01-2018, 01:28 PM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to flash a Qualcomm Android phone's firmware using Infinity Chinese Miracle II (CM2) QLM module.

Requirements

Steps to flash a Qualcomm Android phone using Infinity CM2 QLM

Follow the steps below to use Infinity CM2 to flash Qualcomm firmware

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/d9-l9fTZ4aM

1. Launch Infinity CM2 QLM

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-1.jpg]

2. Click the Flash tab

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-2.jpg]

3. Click the Select button

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-3.jpg]

4. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the location of the firmware, select the XML file and click Open

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-4.jpg]

5. The firmware should get loaded, you may tick or untick Force Wipe and Reflash Extra Data depending on what you wish to do

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-5.jpg]

6. Click Flash

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-6.jpg]

7. Once you see Wait for phone..., power off the phone (still with battery inside), hold both Volume buttons then connect to PC via a USB cord (this boots the phone into Emergency Download or EDL mode)

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-7.jpg]

8. The phone should get detected

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-8.jpg]

9. Infinity CM2 QLM should start flashing the partitions, do not interrupt

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-QLM-9.jpg]

10. You should get a Done message once flashing is complete

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...QLM-10.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Infinity CM2 requires a hardware dongle to work. If you install the setup and run it without the dongle, you'll get an error
  • Should you use a loader version, your antivirus might flag it. If you ignore this warning, you are entirely responsible for your action
  • You should only flash firmware for your phone model (and build if available) as doing otherwise could brick the device
  • Avoid interrupting the flashing process as this could cause the device to go dead
  • If the Infinity CM II programmer file is unable to flash your device then you can try using a custom programmer file
  • You can also flash using QFIL

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash a Qualcomm Android phone using Infinity Chinese Miracle 2 QLM module. You're going to of course need the module (which I'm going to be installing). You're going to need the firmware (it looks something like this). First off, you'll want to install the CM2 QLM module. I should mention that you're supposed to install drivers. in order to allow CM2 QLM detect your Qualcomm Android phone. We have a guide on that, check out our Forum.

Follow that guide to setup your drivers. Also, you should have the hardware dongle and connect it to the PC's USB port. You're going to need your drivers and the dongle to pull this off. I'm already installing the CM2 QML module Installation is done [closing installer]. At this point, you'll want to launch the Cm2 QLM module. Make sure you have your hardware dongle already connected to the PC. It usually takes a while to come up Alright! Its up right now. Head over to the Flash tab. Click on Select.

A Window should popup. In this Window navigate to the firmware folder or where you have your backup. Select the XML file then you click on Open. Now, the firmware should get detected. Click on Flash. You can always untick any of these boxes if you want. Alright, you have Wait for phone.. Power off the phone now, still with battery inside, hold both volume buttons then connect the phone to the PC via USB cord. It should get detected just like this. The phone is in EDL Mode. Flashing should commence.

I'm going to pause (recording) here because it takes a while to flash. [flashing firmware] Alright! flashing is done and I have a Done message. So that's basically how to flash a Qualcomm Android phone using Chinese Miracle II QLM module.
This post was last modified: 21-10-2019, 10:57 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rehannasim
rehannasim
rehannasim
10-04-2019, 10:43 PM
ok is there a way to get programmer file for a phone who's progrrammer file can not be found any where on the internet
even manufacturers deny

i have recovery.img for the device which i want to flash, so here are my question

1) how i can do without a programmer file?
2) is there any way to do without having the programmer file?
3) Is there any way to extract it from the main device?
4) if i try these programmer file , is it safe if i use a wrong programmer file ?
5) if programmer file fails then can i reset phone to factory status?
6) can i use Miracle box to flash single partition , without having programmer file?

by programmer file i mean
prog_emmc_firehose_8909.mbn
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-04-2019, 11:42 AM
(10-04-2019, 10:43 PM)rehannasim ok is there a way to get programmer file for a phone who's progrrammer file can not be found any where on the internet
even manufacturers deny

i have recovery.img for the device which i want to flash, so here are my question

1) how i can do without a programmer file?
2) is there any way to do without having the programmer file?
3) Is there any way to extract it from the main device?
4) if i try these programmer file , is it safe if i use a wrong programmer file ?
5) if programmer file fails then can i reset phone to factory status?
6) can i use Miracle box to flash single partition , without having programmer file?

by programmer file i mean
prog_emmc_firehose_8909.mbn

stick to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27341.html and stop posting the same issue everywhere
rehannasim
rehannasim
rehannasim
11-04-2019, 12:19 PM
thanks a lot , that really helped me
what if i have the stock rom for a phone which is from same company and is based on same (8909) chip and same Os,but different model .
how much chances i have that it will have same programmer file as my phone.?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-04-2019, 04:33 PM

(11-04-2019, 12:19 PM)rehannasim thanks a lot , that really helped me
what if i have the stock rom for a phone which is from same company and is based on same (8909) chip and same Os,but different model .
how much chances i have that it will have same programmer file as my phone.?

already replied to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-273...#pid165494
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
Tjaytony
08-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Please I don't know how to get the Dongle. Please refer me to where I can get one.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-06-2019, 04:25 PM
(08-06-2019, 11:21 AM)Tjaytony Please I don't know how to get the Dongle. Please refer me to where I can get one.
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cH0RA0LA
JIJO
JIJO
JIJO
Techie Member
21-07-2019, 03:38 PM
.png
Mobicel Icon ScrnShot.PNG
Size: 251.66 KB / Downloads: 5

Hi please help me load Mobicel Icon Firmware to CM2 QLM Tool. When i try to open Firmware i get three files and cant upload to tool...check attachment for clarity
JIJO
JIJO
JIJO
Techie Member
21-07-2019, 04:34 PM
.png
Phone cant detect - Qualcomm.PNG
Size: 186.11 KB / Downloads: 3

I have managed to figure it out...i chose XML Document and loaded firmware.
Now phone cant get detected...please help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-07-2019, 10:44 PM

(21-07-2019, 04:34 PM)JIJO I have managed to figure it out...i chose XML Document and loaded firmware.
Now phone cant get detected...please help

you're to boot the phone to edl mode then connect to the PC, see step 7 in the guide OR visit https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21791.html
if you have any other problem then create a new thread for your device issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Pages (2): 1 2 Next