Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (80): Previous 126 27 28 29 3080 Next
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
29-12-2018, 12:41 AM

I have a Unihertz Atom with latest 11-30-2018 Oreo on it but I can't seem to determine if that is full Oreo 8.1, Oreo Go, or Oreo Android One.   In the about phone it has Oreo 8.1.0.  This phone has 4GB Ram and 64GB internal storage so I would assume it's the full Oreo but it seems fairly stirpped down as far as Apps.   How can I be sure which version for the Auto TWRP porter?
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
29-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Patched recovery okay and flashed with sp flash tool okay.  Already had patched boot with Magisk although I don't recall when Magisk was done what it said about dm-verity - I didn't change anything.
I previously had flashed by mistake the stock recovery.   Now that I flashed the patched recovery the phone is essentially dead.  It won't start up and just has a black screen so I reflashed stock recovery, boot and preloader and it is booting up fine again but apparently the patched recovery keeps it from booting up at all.
This post was last modified: 29-12-2018, 02:34 AM by androtrix. Edit Reason: mistake in flashing recovery image
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
29-12-2018, 03:28 AM
Tried again and this time got into TWRP fine.   However haven't been able to backup anything as it shows internal storage as Zero although there is over 50 Gigabytes free.   Touch works fine but not sure if I should have enabled to "keep system read only".   I may try an OTG cable and flash drive since the Atom supports OTG and probably just need to read up a bit more on TWRP issues.   It seems that I remember something about NOT keeping the system read only on the Unihertz Jelly Pro with TWRP on it?
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
29-12-2018, 05:20 AM
OTG flash drive setup in the Android OS okay and is usable there but not in TWRP.   So I still have the problem of Zero byte internal storage so no way to do a backup.   I've seen reference to chainging the security PIN in Oreo and that TWRP would ask for it and then decrypt your internal storage but TWRP doesn't ask for the PIN and I don't see anywhere to enter it - although I thought I saw that option somewhere when I first started TWRP the first time.   Other option mentioned was to format data which I will do as a last resort.   Any other options ?
androtrix
androtrix
androtrix
29-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Well .... Darn. All this work to get TWRP on and working but it seems it's a Catch 22 situation now. The only way I seem to be able to do a backup involves either formatting Data in TWRP or changing the file system. Once that is done I can select Internal storage and do a backup but there is no way to save that backup to a computer or even the Internal storage since a reboot after doing all that causes the phone to go into New Setup mode and your backup is gone and you have to start over just like you had done a phone full reset. I tried 'Enable MTP' in TWRP but the computer still can't see it to fetch the backup and I'm guessing the backup wouldn't have much anyway after formatting Data.
And after everything is setup again and you boot back into TWRP you have the same Zero byte Internal storage problem. Went through all this twice so TWRP seems useless at this point on this phone as it has no slot for a micro SDHC card and OTG doesn't work while in TWRP.
If I'm missing any options please let me know. ADB and Fastboot won't see the phone while in TWRP so I can't pull the TWRP backup either.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-12-2018, 09:55 AM
(29-12-2018, 08:15 AM)androtrix ...
  If I'm missing any options please let me know.   ADB and Fastboot won't see the phone while in TWRP so I can't pull the TWRP backup either.

create a new thread so we'll focus on this
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Jaxo Jaxo
Jaxo Jaxo
Jaxo Jaxo
Techie Member
29-12-2018, 10:45 AM
what should i do if i get "dm _verity found you need to patch boot image"
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-12-2018, 02:08 PM
(29-12-2018, 10:45 AM)Jaxo Jaxo what should i do if i get "dm _verity found you need to patch boot image"

patch boot and root using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
if everything is ok, then you can flash custom recovery afterwards
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-12-2018, 02:24 PM
(29-12-2018, 10:45 AM)Jaxo Jaxo what should i do if i get "dm _verity found you need to patch boot image"

You need to patch boot.img https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html before flashing TWRP.

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
true_devil
true_devil
true_devil
Enthusiastic Member
31-12-2018, 03:01 AM

you guys are awesome. Finally have a work TWRP touch working recovery fot Alcatel U3 4034x!
Pages (80): Previous 126 27 28 29 3080 Next