Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (80): Previous 137 38 39 40 4180 Next
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
23-08-2019, 03:31 PM

Doesn't work for me, after porting and flashing, it doesn't boot twrp. Philz Touch Recovery Porter tool works fine and booted on my device except TWRP. I have tried TWRP from other website porting it, same result. Idk why TWRP won't boot, i have unlocked bootloader. My device is Cherry Mobile Flare Y7 LTE powered by MT6739W 64bit Oreo-Go edition.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-08-2019, 07:04 PM
(23-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Stephelyn Doesn't work for me, after porting and flashing, it doesn't boot twrp. Philz Touch Recovery Porter tool works fine and booted on my device except TWRP. I have tried TWRP from other website porting it, same result. Idk why TWRP won't boot, i have unlocked bootloader. My device is Cherry Mobile Flare Y7 LTE powered by MT6739W 64bit Oreo-Go edition.

check page 1, did you try the 3rd suggestion under "Note"? ie trying twrp from other oreo versions
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
23-08-2019, 10:51 PM
(23-08-2019, 07:04 PM)X3non
(23-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Stephelyn Doesn't work for me, after porting and flashing, it doesn't boot twrp. Philz Touch Recovery Porter tool works fine and booted on my device except TWRP. I have tried TWRP from other website porting it, same result. Idk why TWRP won't boot, i have unlocked bootloader. My device is Cherry Mobile Flare Y7 LTE powered by MT6739W 64bit Oreo-Go edition.

check page 1, did you try the 3rd suggestion under "Note"? ie trying twrp from other oreo versions
Yes... I have tested them all, it doesn't boot in any 8.x versions. Is this cause from encrypted data? I have encrypted data, other words encrypted phone.
This post was last modified: 23-08-2019, 11:23 PM by Stephelyn.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-08-2019, 11:58 AM
(23-08-2019, 10:51 PM)Stephelyn Yes... I have tested them all, it doesn't boot in any 8.x versions. Is this cause from encrypted data? I have encrypted data, other words encrypted phone.

No, encrypted data will only cause mount problems rather DM_verity could also be the cause
whats the outcome of dm_verity when you ported using the latest version? if dm_verity found then ensure to patch boot using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html before trying to flash custom recovery
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
24-08-2019, 12:28 PM

When i ported TWRP to my device, a message comes up that dm_verify not found, no need to patch boot.img. I didn't have any boot problems on Philz Touch, only this, tried different TWRP images from same chipset, same result, not booting to TWRP, just simply restart itself to normal. I don't know about this Encrypted Phone, is this dm_verify cause? I have encrypted phone, when i look into my fstab stock recovery, i saw this partition data with forceencryption.

Never Mine, i have ported 3.2 Twrp with same chipset with mine, it boots now and the only thing that bothers me is the Encrypted Storage Data, can't mount data, need to decrypt, any guides?
This post was last modified: 24-08-2019, 06:26 PM by Stephelyn.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-08-2019, 10:17 AM
(24-08-2019, 12:28 PM)Stephelyn When i ported TWRP to my device, a message comes up that dm_verify not found, no need to patch boot.img. I didn't have any boot problems on Philz Touch, only this, tried different TWRP images from same chipset, same result, not booting to TWRP, just simply restart itself to normal. I don't know about this Encrypted Phone, is this dm_verify cause? I have encrypted phone, when i look into my fstab stock recovery, i saw this partition data with forceencryption.

Never Mine, i have ported 3.2 Twrp with same chipset with mine, it boots now and the only thing that bothers me is the Encrypted Storage Data, can't mount data, need to decrypt, any guides?

either try flashing no-ver-opt.zip OR try the decryption method as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html
if you still have any problems then create a new thread for your device issuer by clicking "Ask question" at the top
This post was last modified: 26-08-2019, 10:19 AM by X3non.
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
Stephelyn
26-08-2019, 12:26 PM
(26-08-2019, 10:17 AM)X3non
(24-08-2019, 12:28 PM)Stephelyn When i ported TWRP to my device, a message comes up that dm_verify not found, no need to patch boot.img. I didn't have any boot problems on Philz Touch, only this, tried different TWRP images from same chipset, same result, not booting to TWRP, just simply restart itself to normal. I don't know about this Encrypted Phone, is this dm_verify cause? I have encrypted phone, when i look into my fstab stock recovery, i saw this partition data with forceencryption.

either try flashing no-ver-opt.zip OR try the decryption method as explained @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html
if you still have any problems then create a new thread for your device issuer by clicking "Ask question" at the top
I have found the problem, the twrp that i ported to my device doesn't have f2fs format function, because my kernel only supports data with f2fs files system, formatting it to ext4 would cause a bootloop and data storage can't create necessary files like dalvik folder and other related data files, only media where internal storage is found. So here's the solution, i ported again a twrp with same device but now i pull the mkse.f2fs from other twrp, and put them to sbin folder of my ported twrp and set permission in cpio.list, so if Qurepack repack my recovery it will be included upon compiling, so luckily, when i booted up and format again my data storage, my data is now f2fs, but i modified the fstab of my twrp, instead of ext4 i change i to f2fs, so that twrp will automatically format my data into f2fs. And about forceencrypt, i found a mt6739.fstab from my vendor/etc/ partition, i remove forceencrypt flag, so that it will not encrypt my data automatically upon reboot system... Problem Solve, i have now magisk installed and rooted my device.
sammisikhu2019
sammisikhu2019
08-09-2019, 03:22 PM
hello. i use sp flash too and it need image. how do i convert the recovery to be compatible to sp flash tool
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-09-2019, 10:57 AM
(08-09-2019, 03:22 PM)sammisikhu2019 hello. i use sp flash too and it need image. how do i convert the recovery to be compatible to sp flash tool

you can rename your recovery file to recovery.img
Shogun Shogun
Shogun Shogun
Shogun Shogun
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2019, 06:48 PM

What about to the devices that does not have recovery partition? My device seem to have the recovery located on boot partition (recovery and boot images on one partition).

Did tried this auto porter using the boot.img since this phone does not have recovery.img but it does not work (phone does not respond to turning on/charging).
This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 06:52 PM by Shogun Shogun.
Pages (80): Previous 137 38 39 40 4180 Next