Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (80): Previous 140 41 42 43 4480 Next
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
Techie Member
01-11-2019, 09:42 PM

(25-10-2019, 10:05 AM)X3non
(24-10-2019, 03:41 PM)francisdrake005
I have successfully ported Ulefone Note 7P(Android 9 Pie, A-only partition) TWRP Recovery using this tool. Though it looses touch sense, this can still be easily fixed by patching the kernel. Whoever is interested, I would gladly share the recovery.img.

Sent from Hovatek Bot

great! do share as it might help others having the same phone who can't do the kernel patch

https://mega.nz/#!TLwiBYqB!g46zjGdYlWOK0...LGTXgwji-M

There you go!

Sent from my Note_7P using Hovatek Mobile
ajbaba
ajbaba
ajbaba
Enthusiastic Member
04-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Hello Hovatek admins. I have already unlocked my bootloader and root my device (LB8A Android 9) using magisk. I ported twrp using the twrp Porter 1.5 and it was successful.however when I flashed twrp using fastboot, and I tried to boot to recovery, it just continue in an endless loop.it won't boot to recovery nor fastboot also and it's not shutting down as well. I had to open phone and remove battery connector to flash it back to stock.
In the stock rom I used, there was a vbmeta.img inside. What's d implication and is there any fix for the endless loop??
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-11-2019, 10:13 AM
(04-11-2019, 10:25 PM)ajbaba Hello Hovatek admins. I have already unlocked my bootloader and root my device (LB8A Android 9) using magisk. I ported twrp using the twrp Porter 1.5 and it was successful.however when I flashed twrp using fastboot, and I tried to boot to recovery, it just continue in an endless loop.it won't boot to recovery nor fastboot also and it's not shutting down as well. I had to open phone and remove battery connector to flash it back to stock.
In the stock rom I used, there was a vbmeta.img inside. What's d implication and is there any fix for the endless loop??

first ensure to confirm using root checker that the device is rooted
then see https://www.hovatek.com/blog/dm_verity-i...-bootloop/
if you still have any problems, create a new thread so we'll focus on it
BTW, can you share the firmware you used to flash the device?
This post was last modified: 05-11-2019, 10:20 AM by X3non.
ajbaba
ajbaba
ajbaba
Enthusiastic Member
05-11-2019, 10:48 PM
You didn't answer the question the question I asked but thanks for replying anyway.I am done with twrp for now. I suffered second bootloop and it wasn't funny at all.This time I flashed Vbmeta.img and twrp.img through fastboot but it resulted in endless bootloop again. I will just enjoy root for now until the coast is clear. I have a gift for hovatek team . You can share a mail where I can send the Iink to the firmware I used to flash LB8a back to life.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
06-11-2019, 03:03 AM

Please rebon support for devices below pie.
Nougat, oreo and marshmallow.
Most of us are still on then
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-11-2019, 09:31 AM
(05-11-2019, 10:48 PM)ajbaba You didn't answer the question the question I asked but thanks for replying anyway.I am done with twrp for now. I suffered second bootloop and it wasn't funny at all.This time I flashed Vbmeta.img and twrp.img through fastboot but it resulted in endless bootloop again. I will just enjoy root for now until the coast is clear. I have a gift for hovatek team . You can share a mail where I can send the Iink to the firmware I used to flash LB8a back to life.

i've sent you a PM
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-11-2019, 09:39 AM
(06-11-2019, 03:03 AM)Mikesew Please rebon support for devices below pie.
Nougat, oreo and marshmallow.
Most of us are still on then

versions of the tool below v1.5 supports android versions below 9 pie
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
Techie Member
06-11-2019, 05:53 PM
(04-11-2019, 10:25 PM)ajbaba Hello Hovatek admins. I have already unlocked my bootloader and root my device (LB8A Android 9) using magisk. I ported twrp using the twrp Porter 1.5 and it was successful.however when I flashed twrp using fastboot, and I tried to boot to recovery, it just continue in an endless loop.it won't boot to recovery nor fastboot also and it's not shutting down as well. I had to open phone and remove battery connector to flash it back to stock.

Normally, it's recommended you first flash an empty vbmeta.img before flashing custom recovery or ROM. For the bootloop, it might not even be about vbmeta sometimes, it might be software fragments e.g. non-properly installed root or other reasons. Actually, to me, starting a fresh by first flashing the original device firmware(what you did) normally helps me track where the real problem arises from.

Sent from my Note_7P using Hovatek Mobile
chomu
chomu
chomu
Enthusiastic Member
11-11-2019, 12:19 AM
hi all. v1.5 worked for my x571, but i got PhilZ and not TWRP . have i missed something?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2019, 09:51 AM

(11-11-2019, 12:19 AM)chomu hi all. v1.5 worked for my x571, but i got PhilZ and not TWRP . have i missed something?

that means you use philz tool not twrp tool; download twrp tool from page 1 on this thread
Pages (80): Previous 140 41 42 43 4480 Next