Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (80): Previous 150 51 52 53 5480 Next
Ahead mujtaba
Ahead mujtaba
Ahead mujtaba
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2020, 07:41 AM

Does it supports porting for android 10
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-06-2020, 11:00 AM
(19-06-2020, 07:41 AM)Ahead mujtaba Does it supports porting for android 10

No, you might want to read https://twrp.me/site/update/2019/10/23/t...id-10.html
ajbaba
ajbaba
ajbaba
Enthusiastic Member
09-07-2020, 07:33 PM
(05-11-2019, 10:48 PM)ajbaba You didn't answer the question the question I asked but thanks for replying anyway.I am done with twrp for now. I suffered second bootloop and it wasn't funny at all.This time I flashed Vbmeta.img and twrp.img through fastboot but it resulted in endless bootloop again. I will just enjoy root for now until the coast is clear. I have a gift for hovatek team . You can share a mail where I can send the Iink to the firmware I used to flash  LB8a  back to life.
I finally find a way  around it. The version 1.5 worked but require some level of patience. Moreover you can't receive OTA once the bootloader is unlocked. Attempt to lock the bootloader and flash boot.img to return  the device to full stock so as to receive OTA will result in Red state( endless bootloop). I faced encryption issue when I boot into twrp but I fixed it using method 1 in the guide written by hovatek to fix such problem. To successfully flash twrp, you must flash vbmeta using the flashboot command that disabled dm-verity. Happy tweaking
Hellspawn17
Hellspawn17
Hellspawn17
14-07-2020, 04:35 PM
Disable antovirus to use othwewise it gets removed as windows defender and all antivirus says jts a virus but its just a low reputation for a new developed app so its not a known app.
Mattjoe
Mattjoe
Mattjoe
26-07-2020, 12:47 AM

(26-01-2018, 08:01 PM)henrysu Thank you for making this tools

I tried download and extracted zip file.

But Auto TWRP Recovery Porter.exe file not working , and disappear automatically.

Turn off your Antivirus
hw-schrauber
hw-schrauber
hw-schrauber
14-08-2020, 02:37 PM
Hi,
what does ...Porter 1.6 do?
I've Lenovo Tab M7 with Mediatek. I patched the recovery with the newest MAGISK and switched on in recovery-mode. Anything is fine and proper working.
Now I use the original recovery from the stock (not the MAGISK patched one) and copy the file in the "stock-recovery" directory. Follow all the steps in the Porter and the result is a recovery, smaller than the original and bigger than the one with the MAGISK patch. When I then flash the recovery from the output directory to my M7 and start the M7 straight in the recovery, I get the original (Lenovo/Android) recovery displayed. I've also tested the same way used the MAGISK patched recovery. No difference.

An empty vbmeta.img is already installed. The Lenovo Stock is: "TB_7305F_S100055_200703_ROW", Kernel 4.9.117+.

I thought that I get a TWRP in the recovery with the option to start to the System!?

Some more question. Why Win Defender alert a virus in the download???
This post was last modified: 14-08-2020, 02:39 PM by hw-schrauber.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-08-2020, 10:56 AM
(14-08-2020, 02:37 PM)hw-schrauber Hi,
what does ...Porter 1.6 do?

see the changelogs in page 1

(14-08-2020, 02:37 PM)hw-schrauber I've Lenovo Tab M7 with Mediatek. I patched the recovery with the newest MAGISK and switched on in recovery-mode. Anything is fine and proper working.
Now I use the original recovery from the stock (not the MAGISK patched one) and copy the file in the "stock-recovery" directory. Follow all the steps in the Porter and the result is a recovery, smaller than the original and bigger than the one with the MAGISK patch. When I then flash the recovery from the output directory to my M7 and start the M7 straight in the recovery, I get the original (Lenovo/Android) recovery displayed. I've also tested the same way used the MAGISK patched recovery. No difference.
I thought that I get a TWRP in the recovery with the option to start to the System!?

it is likely that stock recovery replaced the custom recovery, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10992.html ; esp the part that talks about "recovery-from-boot.p"
if you still have problems with this then create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top

(14-08-2020, 02:37 PM)hw-schrauber Some more question. Why Win Defender alert a virus in the download???

it's a false positive alert
hw-schrauber
hw-schrauber
hw-schrauber
17-08-2020, 08:20 AM
Hi3non,

thanks for your feedback. But the thing with the recovery-bot I've retested again.

fastboot flash the porter produced recovery from the original singed recovery.
  fastboot reboot recovery

Result: System is booted (There is no TWRP and also no MAGISK)

Same when I start the device with key in to the recovery!

That's the reason for my question about the benefit of porter.
This post was last modified: 17-08-2020, 08:23 AM by hw-schrauber.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-08-2020, 10:40 AM
(17-08-2020, 08:20 AM)hw-schrauber Hi3non,

thanks for your feedback. But the thing with the recovery-bot I've retested again.

fastboot flash the porter produced recovery from the original singed recovery.
  fastboot reboot recovery

Result: System is booted (There is no TWRP and also no MAGISK)

Same when I start the device with key in to the recovery!

That's the reason for my question about the benefit of porter.

you see to be sending the wrong commands, also you can't have twrp and magisk in recovery (idt that works)
fastboot flash the ported twrp then boot directly into recovery mode (i.e assuming your device supports this) ; see the command @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21410.html

if your device doesn't support booting to recovery directly from fastboot, then you need to switch off the phone then boot directly to recovery using button combo
OR root the phone then delete the file recovery-from-boot.p within /system then flash twrp, reboot to homescreen then reboot to recovery

if you still have problems then create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
Stefen2937
Stefen2937
Stefen2937
31-08-2020, 04:07 AM

Everything goes fine but at the end shows error and can't create port.
Pages (80): Previous 150 51 52 53 5480 Next