Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Privacy protection password but getting "none usb port, maybe driver not installed"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Privacy protection password but getting "none usb port, maybe driver not installed"

[Please help] Privacy protection password but getting "none usb port, maybe driver not installed"

armtistic
armtistic
armtistic
26-01-2018, 11:01 AM

So I'll try to save you all time and be as detailed as possible.

My phone is a Vernee Apollo Lite and has chipset: Mediatek MTK6797
I am doing this on a Windows 7 64bit laptop

Recently I removed my sim and now I have that "please enter privacy protection password"  prompt on my home screen and as I can't remember my password I have to remove it.

So I used USB Deview to get rid of anything with MTK, Preloader or VCOM in it. I also uninstalled anything with MTP in it, but I'm not sure if that was the correct thing to do. Note: I didn't uninstall any of the Apollo Lite drivers using USB Deview, should I have?

I installed Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port as legacy hardware as the guide said to and that worked out fine, code 10 error and yellow warning symbol and everything.

I extracted miracle box to desktop, opened it. I have my phone off. I tick "Clear anti-theft", I set to 8th boot (because chipset is MTK6797). Then I press start, and then I plug in my phone and press the power button. 

I get "waiting for USB port" then "none usbport, maybe driver not installed"

Also, when I check the "driver software installation" it says "device driver software was not succesfully installed"
Attached Files
.jpg
proof 2.JPG
Size: 67.28 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
proof.JPG
Size: 45.27 KB / Downloads: 6
.jpg
Apollo drivers.JPG
Size: 16.91 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
problem.JPG
Size: 28.66 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
welpp.JPG
Size: 162.21 KB / Downloads: 5
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-01-2018, 02:43 PM
(26-01-2018, 11:01 AM)armtistic So I'll try to save you all time and be as detailed as possible.
Also, when I check the "driver software installation" it says "device driver software was not succesfully installed"

that version of miracle box doesn't [fully] support devices with MT6797 chipset
its either you use the latest version along with the hardware box / dongle OR you search for and download the stock rom of your device then remove the PPP lock using the SP flash tool method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1138.html
armtistic
armtistic
armtistic
27-01-2018, 12:40 AM
(26-01-2018, 02:43 PM)X3non
(26-01-2018, 11:01 AM)armtistic So I'll try to save you all time and be as detailed as possible.

that version of miracle box doesn't [fully] support devices with MT6797 chipset
its either you use the latest version along with the hardware box / dongle OR you search for and download the stock rom of your device then remove the PPP lock using the SP flash tool method 

Would using the SP flash tool method erase my data?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2018, 10:51 AM
(27-01-2018, 12:40 AM)armtistic Would using the SP flash tool method erase my data?

Yes, it would.
Unless you flash a custom recovery now > do a backup in the recovery > format insp flash tool > flash back stock rom > flash back the custom recovery > restore only data from custom recovery backup
This post was last modified: 27-01-2018, 10:52 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
armtistic
armtistic
armtistic
27-01-2018, 11:04 AM

(27-01-2018, 10:51 AM)hovatek
(27-01-2018, 12:40 AM)armtistic Would using the SP flash tool method erase my data?

Yes, it would.
Unless you flash a custom recovery now > do a backup in the recovery > format in sp flash tool > flash back stock rom > flash back the custom recovery > restore only data from custom recovery backup

Jeez, could you link any/all the tutorials I'd need to follow to do all that?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-01-2018, 04:16 PM
(27-01-2018, 11:04 AM)armtistic Jeez, could you link any/all the tutorials I'd need to follow to do all that?

first and foremost, search for and download the stock rom for your device model
port either TWRP or philz using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-39.html
flash the custom recovery > boot into the recovery and perform a backup to your SD card [using either SPft or fastboot]
remove the PPP lock using the SP flash tool method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1138.html
flash the custom recovery again > boot into the recovery and perform a restore of only data partition from the backup in your SD card