Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My wife's infinix hot 4 lite is dead
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] My wife's infinix hot 4 lite is dead

[Please help] My wife's infinix hot 4 lite is dead

ArakaSteve
ArakaSteve
ArakaSteve
10-02-2018, 04:28 PM

I tried rooting the thing and after installing the vcom drivers, disabled the windows 10 signatures, ... Running the sp flash tool, inserted the scatter to root, i waited for the percentage progress at the bottom as i would expect but there was none. So i thought maybe, it's a driver thing...
Well, as i have said earlier, maybe it's because i used wrong files? Maybe. But the fact that it cant boot makes the whole process a nightmare. Oh, and i didn't check the build number so am screwed on that end too.
Anyone who can help, then later laugh at me?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
10-02-2018, 05:30 PM
(10-02-2018, 04:28 PM)ArakaSteve I tried rooting the thing and after installing the vcom drivers, disabled the windows 10 signatures, ... Running the sp flash tool, inserted the scatter to root, i waited for the percentage progress at the bottom as i would expect but there was none. So i thought maybe, it's a driver thing...
Well, as i have said earlier, maybe it's because i used wrong files? Maybe. But the fact that it cant boot makes the whole process a nightmare. Oh, and i didn't check the build number so am screwed on that end too.

What's your phone current state? 
Did you successfully flash a firmware to the phone?, because you made mention of wrong files.

Uninstall all VCOM drivers using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html
Manually re-install using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 05:34 PM by xerxes.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2018, 08:26 AM
(10-02-2018, 04:28 PM)ArakaSteve I tried rooting the thing and after installing the vcom drivers, disabled the windows 10 signatures, ... Running the sp flash tool, inserted the scatter to root, i waited for the percentage progress at the bottom as i would expect but there was none. So i thought maybe, it's a driver thing...

It seems you disconnected the phone because SP flash tool wasn't loading any bars whereas it had silently connected to the phone (but not started flashing). This is an interruption
See the fix at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.