Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Recover IMEI via MP0B_001 fails.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Recover IMEI via MP0B_001 fails.

[Please help] Recover IMEI via MP0B_001 fails.

elemermelada
elemermelada
elemermelada
12-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Hi there,

So I stupidly deleted the "nvdata" without backing it up, and now my device (Oukitel U7 plus, MT6737 processor) has no IMEI numbers. I've tried all kind of methods to rewrite them, from using MTK engineer mode, MaUI or Mtk Droid, to some android apps such Chamelephon, and all of them failed in some way.

The MTK Engineer mode didn't display the CDS Information menu, MaUI never recognized the phone, Mtk Droid did, but after pressing ROOT, and receiving root permissions it gave the Loss of communication with the device error. And the apps such as Chamelephon didn't seem to do anything.

Right now my best option is to simply replace the "MP0B_001" file under "nvdata/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI", but when I do so (after generating it with the attached tool or the one provided by MobileUncle) it doesn't get fixed. I don't know if replacing that file isn't enough or if the problem is that the generated file isn't correct somehow.

I just ran out of ideas and was hoping one of you could give me a hand, any idea is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

(the device is rooted and has SuperSu installed)

.png
Screenshot_20180213-012225.png
Size: 37.72 KB / Downloads: 28

.png
Screenshot_20180213-012235.png
Size: 111.85 KB / Downloads: 13
elemermelada
elemermelada
elemermelada
12-02-2018, 07:32 PM
(12-02-2018, 06:48 PM)elemermelada Hi there,

So I stupidly deleted the "nvdata" without backing it up, and now my device (Oukitel U7 plus, MT6737 processor) has no IMEI numbers. I've tried all kind of methods to rewrite them, from using MTK engineer mode, MaUI or Mtk Droid, to some android apps such Chamelephon, and all of them failed in some way.

The MTK Engineer mode didn't display the CDS Information menu, MaUI never recognized the phone, Mtk Droid did, but after pressing ROOT, and receiving root permissions it gave the Loss of communication with the device error. And the apps such as Chamelephon didn't seem to do anything.

Right now my best option is to simply replace the "MP0B_001" file under "nvdata/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI", but when I do so (after generating it with the attached tool or the one provided by MobileUncle) it doesn't get fixed. I don't know if replacing that file isn't enough or if the problem is that the generated file isn't correct somehow.

I just ran out of ideas and was hoping one of you could give me a hand, any idea is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Welp. I finally found out that in the Engineer mode, under telephony there's this GPRS menu that allows to change the IMEIs. i really hope this helps someone else!

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-02-2018, 03:12 PM

So I stupidly deleted the "nvdata" without backing it up, and now my device (Oukitel U7 plus, MT6737 processor) has no IMEI numbers.

check if the baseband of the device is unknown
if its not unknown, then try writing IMEI using tool hero method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21072.html
Protechacha
Protechacha
Protechacha
Techie Member
11-03-2022, 10:41 AM
(12-02-2018, 07:32 PM)elemermelada

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Welp. I finally found out that in the Engineer mode, under telephony there's this GPRS menu that allows to change the IMEIs. i really hope this helps someone else!

Thanks man. I have also noticed if I deleted the MP0B_001 I get my connectivity back, dont know if i restart it will revert to null IMEI. Havent restarted yet
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
12-03-2022, 12:08 PM

Did u u give the file permission with any terminal app?