Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Looking for an MT8117 scatter file that works with SP_Flash OR just general advice.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Looking for an MT8117 scatter file that works with SP_Flash OR just general advice.

[Please help] Looking for an MT8117 scatter file that works with SP_Flash OR just general advice.

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
16-02-2018, 07:56 PM

(16-02-2018, 04:18 PM)X3non
(16-02-2018, 09:59 AM)mcfuddlebutt Gocha, 

So I've opened up another unit and am currently ripping the rom. Is there anything else you can think would work to flash this thing where it might get going again? I've flash it about 5 times with the rom from the second machine but it's still stuck in the black screen.

there is no need to repeat flashing, so long as you flashed successfully and there is no positive result then it means the rom isn't compatible. 
BTW did you check the build number thing?
\
yup, all the build numbers match up perfectly on all the working machines.  I'd be willing to say they were all made at the same time because they're custom machines.
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
16-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Is there a tutorial on how to manually flash a rom and format partitions? I can't help but think the MT8127 line is screwing something up if it's in fact an MT8117. MTKtools won't load the scatter if I input 8117 though.,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-02-2018, 10:53 AM
(16-02-2018, 08:31 PM)mcfuddlebutt Is there a tutorial on how to manually flash a rom and format partitions? I can't help but think the MT8127 line is screwing something up if it's in fact an MT8117. MTKtools won't load the scatter if I input 8117 though.,

It depends on what exactly you mean.
Can the device you just flashed a backup to boot into recovery or fastboot mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
17-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Come to think of it, no. I can only get into the Meta recovery mode to flash with sptools. I think I might just have to mark this one as a failed machine and use it for parts if I need it. I got the other machines running as I wanted minus the Google Play Store so I'm overall happy. I wish I could have gotten this fixed if only because it would have been so satisfying.

Thank you for all of your help! I'll let you know if anything else comes up.
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4