Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions Uhans i8 Review: 5.7 Inch | 4+64GB | 16+3MP Rear | 8MP Front |
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Uhans i8 Review: 5.7 Inch | 4+64GB | 16+3MP Rear | 8MP Front |

Uhans i8 Review: 5.7 Inch | 4+64GB | 16+3MP Rear | 8MP Front |

sami.leo
sami.leo
sami.leo
28-02-2018, 07:45 PM

The UHANS i8 is packaged in a square box in elegant blue color. Inside the box, there are:
[Image: box.jpg]

The box of The UHANS i8 4G smartphone contains A fast charger, Type-C cable, Screen Protector, Silicone Case, SIM needle, wipes, and cell phone. The smartphone box has an additional English user manual and Type C to 3.5mm headphone adapter.
[Image: unbox.jpg]

[b]Main Features:[/b]

System: Android 7.0
Allows you to remain connected and productive
CPU: MTK6750T Octa Core 1.5GHz
Equipped with better performance, delivering plenty of power for your use
Display: 5.7 inch In-cell IPS screen
4GB RAM 64GB ROM: provides enough room for your use, can suit all your needs
TF Card Expansion: 128GB
Dual SIM Dual Standby: 2 nano SIM
Triple Cameras: 16.0MP + 3.0MP AF rear-facing camera + 8.0MP front camera
Network:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20
[Image: specs.jpg]

[b]Big Screen For Unlimited Vision:   [/b]

The Uhans i8  has an 18:9 Aspect Ratio Incell technology with a 5.7-inch HD+ display with a 1440x720 pixels resolution which roughly translates to 282ppi pixel density. The smartphone supports 10 fingers multi-touch, which give the user far better accuracy and response. The display makes use of 2.5D curved glass technology. It is sharp enough and colors are pretty spot on. The viewing angles are not the problem in comparison to Xiaomi Redmi 5 ( 3+64GB )  because the Uhans i8 comes with the fully laminated display. Using it in sunlight is not issue anymore because it provides a great level of screen brightness.

[Image: RXt_PSRLesa_RV03_Zv_CFm_KDw_r.jpg]

[b]Uhans i8 Camera Review – The Camera Specs[/b]

Personally, my level of expectation wasn’t that high, considering it’s a Uhans device which has a reputation for offering great hardware but an average camera. However, that’s not the case with Uhans i8. It has a dual camera configuration 16 + 3MP (primary + in-depth). The primary rear is 16.0MP Sony IMX 135 Exmor RS sensor with CMOS, 0.23 inches sensor size, 1.127 micrometers pixel size, and f/2.0 aperture. The camera can capture the images on the 4160 x 3120 pixels and record the videos on the 1920 x 1080 pixels at the 30fps. It offers a better camera solution as compared to Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. I was intrigued to see how well the Uhans i8 can capture the shots. So here are the pictures I have classified in different situations:
[Image: uhans_i8_feature.jpg]

[b]Uhans i8 Camera Review – Shot in Daylight[/b]

Its camera can capture excellent pictures in daylight. I got good detailed, sharp and high-resolution pictures with a default setting. In HDR Mode you need to keep you mobile still for 2-3 seconds for good result. Other features are working absolutely fine.

[Image: IMG_2406.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0559.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0691.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180217_203741-01.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2410.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180217_204709-01.jpg]

[b]Uhans i8 Camera Review – Shot in Low light[/b]

Uhans i8 rear camera comes with a dual LED flashlight. I want to tell you that Uhans i8 rear camera can capture some pretty awesome pictures in low light as well. The images are very clear, detailed, and color reproduction is absolutely accurate. There was a bit background noise at the corners, but it’s almost neglectable.
[Image: IMG_0010.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0036.jpg]

[b]Uhans i8 Camera Review – The Bokeh Effect[/b]

The secondary rear 3.0MP camera is used to achieve DSLR-level depth-of-field effects. The pixels might be low, but the primary camera helps to achieve a nice result. Check the sample pictures of the bokeh effect.
[Image: IMG_20180217_204217-01.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180217_204339-01.jpg]

[b]Uhans i8 Camera Review – Selfie Camera[/b]

The Uhans added 8.0MP Sony IMX 190 Exmor with f/1.8 aperture. It can capture 2592 x1944 pixels image resolution and record 640×480 pixels video at 30fps. It’s a selfie phone because every selfie will get attention because of quality, face beauty, and flashlight. Plus, we have the beauty mode on it as well.
[Image: IMG_2255.jpg]

[b]Uhans i8 Camera Review – Video Recording[/b]

As for the video recording, the Uhans i8 both front and rear cameras are better than the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus camera. Thanks to the resolution of the video which is up to 4K.

[b]Unlock at Once        [/b]

The choice is yours how you to unlock your phone either a gentle touch or face scanner. It takes less than 0.2s to unlock your phone. Face scanner responds quicker than Fingerprint sensor. It’s relatively quick in responding compared to many other devices.

[Image: 7_Mhj_GEm_Uuq_AMb_Vl3_FGpl_Wg_r.jpg]

[b]Taking Performance to New Heights   [/b]

The Uhans i8 powered by the advanced MediaTek MT6750T octa-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory. Besides, it has an additional external storage of MicroSD card which is supported up to 128GB. The Uhans i8 is smart, quick and responsive, which delivers premium performance at lightning speeds while consuming 20% less power. It handles switchover between multiple tasks and heavy games effortlessly without hiccups. There are no overheating issues or problems even under extreme usage. The graphics are powered by Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. Games like Asphalt 8: Airborne, Real Racing 3, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, etc. You won’t face any noticeable lags or frame drops.
[Image: Vfj_XP2xk_HWOTFa_Kaf8_HYew_r.jpg]

[b]Save All Wonderful Stuff: [/b]

Every day we get new things that matter and worth keeping. The Uhans i8 packs a whopping 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via SD card, which offers plenty of space for your favorite apps, pictures, games, and apps. More storage room for more joys.

[b]Smooth, Efficient, User-friendly  [/b]

The fresh new Android 7.0 Nougat brings a refreshing new interactive experience with a more user-friendly interface, quick app launch, simplified operation steps, enhanced smoothness, screen recorder, and battery management. Besides, some in-depth customizations are added for more delightful use. More surprises are waiting for your enjoment.
[Image: VOQUDEAIMr_Hp_Qu_DEb4_Ux_Wg_r.jpg]

[b]The Choice Is Yours [/b]

With dual SIM supported, the Uhans i8  doubles your choices, giving you the option to use one for work and the other for life, or one for calling and texting and the other for data. You can also choose to use a local SIM card when you’re abroad. The choice is totally up to you.

[b]Connect with World:[/b]

The Uhans i8 have the dual Sim card slot and both are 4G enabled. To switch between the both SIM card is very easy and fast with just one tap. The handset also supports the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth connectivity and OTG also.

[b]Network:[/b]

2G: GSM 1800MHz,GSM 1900MHz,GSM 850MHz,GSM 900MHz
3G: WCDMA B1 2100MHz,WCDMA B8 900MHz
Network type: FDD-LTE,GSM,WCDMA
WIFI: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless internet
Wireless Connectivity: 3G,4G,A-GPS,Bluetooth 4.0,GPS,GSM,LTE,WiFi
4G LTE: FDD B1 2100MHz,FDD B20 800MHz,FDD B3 1800MHz,FDD B7 2600MHz,FDD B8 900MHz

[b]Your Personal Guider   [/b]

GPS: I am really impressed with the device GPS accuracy. It able to lock lots of satellites outdoors and indoors.

Indoors on the left, outdoors on the right.
[Image: i_F0_Brv_Ld9_E7_XGDEIxukd_Fg_r.jpg]

[b]Power You up Through Your Day [/b]

The Uhans i8 is equipped with a 3500mAh non-removable battery which can last a whole day on a single charge. To charge it you have the USB port C. Whether you are watching movies, playing games or chatting with friends online, it can always power your fun. There’s no need to worry about running out of power anymore.

[b]Sensors :[/b]

The UHANS i8 has features like event indicator, fingerprint scanner, proximity, light sensory, compass, and accelerometer. I hope Uhans will feature  Magnetometer/Compass and Gyroscope in upcoming devices.
[Image: Screenshot_20180222-230810.png]

[b]Pros: [/b]
Calls: No lags and smooth voice.
Internet browsing: No lags and very fast internet site download (if you have a 4G connection or 3G has good too).
Build quality: Very good quality frame.
Cameras: Fast shutter speed, very detailed.
UI: Very fast and responsible.
Memory: 64GB internal +128GB Extendable
Display: perfect sized and good resolution.

[b]Cons:[/b]
No Flashlight for Front Camera
No NFC support
Single LED Notification
NO Audio Port
Average Battery capacity.

UHANS I8 is available is only in Black color. The device comes with the latest version of the Android operating system i.e. Android 7.0 Nougat. It is a 4G device and comes with features like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It weighs only 200 grams including the battery. It is also a metal body smartphone.

We can clearly say that UHANS I8 is a Chinese beauty and is also value for money.