Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Huawei P10 error mode
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Huawei P10 error mode

[Please help] Huawei P10 error mode

Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2018, 12:30 AM

Hi.
First I wanted to notice, that I have a similar problem like in this thread: www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20405.html , except my bootloader is unlocked and I can enter fastboot.

So, the problem is, I was trying to manually upgrade my Huawei P10 to Oreo firmware. I downloaded the firmware files, but made a mistake and flashed Oreo meant for Huawei P10 Plus.
It upgraded successfully and I was able to start Android, only I had everything big scale, because P10 Plus has a different screen and different DPI.
When I realized my mistake, I downloaded the correct firmware files. Booted into TWRP and started to flash. Then it restarted and got stuck on "The device is booting...". I waited for half an hour until I hard restarted it. And then I got stuck in Error mode.
After that I could not get into recovery anymore. As I am able to boot into fastmode, I tried to flash TWRP with no luck. Tried to flash stock recovery, also nothing. Cannot boot into it.
I am reading, that there are service ROMs for P10 Lite and P10 Plus, but non for P10.

It seems that there are corrupted partitions.

In attachment I added file list what are in UPDATE.APP file.

I am out of ideas what to do next.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2018, 12:33 AM by Nauris Strazdins.
Attached Files
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 50.26 KB / Downloads: 9
juvette
juvette
juvette
06-03-2018, 12:06 PM
(06-03-2018, 12:30 AM)Nauris Strazdins Hi.
First I wanted to notice, that I have a similar problem like in this thread: www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20405.html , except my bootloader is unlocked and I can enter fastboot.

So, the problem is, I was trying to manually upgrade my Huawei P10 to Oreo firmware. I downloaded the firmware files, but made a mistake and flashed Oreo meant for Huawei P10 Plus.
It upgraded successfully and I was able to start Android, only I had everything big scale, because P10 Plus has a different screen and different DPI.
When I realized my mistake, I downloaded the correct firmware files. Booted into TWRP and started to flash. Then it restarted and got stuck on "The device is booting...". I waited for half an hour until I hard restarted it. And then I got stuck in Error mode.
After that I could not get into recovery anymore. As I am able to boot into fastmode, I tried to flash TWRP with no luck. Tried to flash stock recovery, also nothing. Cannot boot into it.
I am reading, that there are service ROMs for P10 Lite and P10 Plus, but non for P10.

It seems that there are corrupted partitions.

In attachment I added file list what are in UPDATE.APP file.

I am out of ideas what to do next.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

According to what you've described, your phone should be running on Oreo and not Nougat even though it won't boot up since the Oreo rom was successfully flashed in TWRP.
What error are you getting when trying to flash recovery in fastboot mode? Are you flashing a TWRP meant for Nougat or Oreo? Is the update.app for Nougat or Oreo?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 09:57 AM by hovatek.
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2018, 01:03 PM
I am not getting any error when I am flashing recovery. Everything is successful.
I am flashing TWRP for Oreo with command - "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.IMG"

The error I am getting is
Code:

Error Mode
Attention!
Please update system again

Error!
Func NO: 11 (recovery image)
Error NO: 2 (load failed!)

And the UPDATE.APP is from Oreo.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM by Nauris Strazdins.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
06-03-2018, 04:04 PM
(06-03-2018, 01:03 PM)Nauris Strazdins I am not getting any error when I am flashing recovery. Everything is successful.
I am flashing TWRP for Oreo with command - "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.IMG"

upload full screenshot of adb window showing the cmds you sent and the error
This post was last modified: 06-03-2018, 04:08 PM by freshtyt.
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2018, 08:35 PM

Here you go, but, as I said, I have no errors.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2018, 08:36 PM by Nauris Strazdins.
Attached Files
.png
fastboot recovery.PNG
Size: 13.96 KB / Downloads: 14
juvette
juvette
juvette
07-03-2018, 10:36 AM
(06-03-2018, 08:35 PM)Nauris Strazdins Here you go, but, as I said, I have no errors.

You should be able to flash the Oreo Update.app using DC Phoenix https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoenix-f...r-tutorial unless you want to flash each partition one at a time via fastboot. recovery alone comprises of
recovery_ramdisk
recovery_vbmeta
recovery_vendor
erecovery_kernel
erecovery_ramdis
erecovery_vbmeta
erecovery_vendor

This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 10:38 AM by juvette.
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2018, 12:51 AM
Thank you.
Flashed with DC-Phoenix and now it boots up.

Only, in About phone I still get Model number VKY, which is for P10 Plus and a high DPI (everything is big).
Did factory reset but it did not solve anything.

Here you can see the code when flashing.
Code:

Looking for a device in upgrade mode
No devices detected in upgrade mode

Looking for a device in fastboot mode

Device found: 7EX7N17606000605

08.03.2018 02:14:16 Starting extracting partitions from file UPDATE.APP
Current version: VTR_C900_EMUI8.0
Cannot create extract directory: D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\tmp\20180308_021416_UPDATE\
Extract files to directory: D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\
Extracting partition: XLOADER OK
Extracting partition: FW_LPM3 OK
Extracting partition: FASTBOOT OK
Extracting partition: VECTOR OK
Extracting partition: VBMETA OK
Extracting partition: MODEMNVM_UPDATE OK
Extracting partition: TEEOS OK
Extracting partition: TRUSTFIRMWARE OK
Extracting partition: SENSORHUB OK
Extracting partition: FW_HIFI OK
Extracting partition: DTS OK
Extracting partition: KERNEL OK
Extracting partition: RECOVERY_RAMDISK OK
Extracting partition: RECOVERY_VENDOR OK
Extracting partition: RECOVERY_VBMETA OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_KERNEL OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_RAMDISK OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_VENDOR OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_VBMETA OK
Extracting partition: RAMDISK OK
Extracting partition: CACHE OK
Extracting partition: SYSTEM OK
Extracting partition: ISP_FIRMWARE OK
Extracting partition: MODEM_FW OK
Extracting partition: HISEE_IMG OK
Extracting partition: HISEE_FS OK
Extracting partition: ODM OK
08.03.2018 02:16:01 Extracting partitions finished OK

08.03.2018 02:16:01 Starting to write device in FASTBOOT mode...

IMEI: 865************
Build number: :System 8.0.0.046(04VT)
Product model: VKY

Writing XLOADER partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\XLOADER.img
XLOADER partition UPDATE ...FAILED
Cannot get FBlock info from device
Activating backdoor: DONE

Writing XLOADER partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\XLOADER.img
XLOADER partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing FW_LPM3 partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\FW_LPM3.img
FW_LPM3 partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing FASTBOOT partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\FASTBOOT.img
FASTBOOT partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing VECTOR partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\VECTOR.img
VECTOR partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing VBMETA partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\VBMETA.img
VBMETA partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing MODEMNVM_UPDATE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\MODEMNVM_UPDATE.img
MODEMNVM_UPDATE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing TEEOS partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\TEEOS.img
TEEOS partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing TRUSTFIRMWARE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\TRUSTFIRMWARE.img
TRUSTFIRMWARE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing SENSORHUB partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\SENSORHUB.img
SENSORHUB partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing FW_HIFI partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\FW_HIFI.img
FW_HIFI partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing DTS partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\DTS.img
DTS partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing KERNEL partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\KERNEL.img
KERNEL partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RECOVERY_VENDOR partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RECOVERY_VENDOR.img
RECOVERY_VENDOR partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RECOVERY_VBMETA partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RECOVERY_VBMETA.img
RECOVERY_VBMETA partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_KERNEL partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_KERNEL.img
ERECOVERY_KERNEL partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_RAMDISK partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
ERECOVERY_RAMDISK partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_VENDOR partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_VENDOR.img
ERECOVERY_VENDOR partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_VBMETA partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_VBMETA.img
ERECOVERY_VBMETA partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RAMDISK partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RAMDISK.img
RAMDISK partition UPDATE ...OK

Erasing CACHE partition
Partition CACHE erased

Writing CACHE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\CACHE.img
CACHE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing SYSTEM partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\SYSTEM.img
SYSTEM partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ISP_FIRMWARE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ISP_FIRMWARE.img
ISP_FIRMWARE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing MODEM_FW partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\MODEM_FW.img
MODEM_FW partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing HISEE_IMG partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\HISEE_IMG.img
HISEE_IMG partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing HISEE_FS partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\HISEE_FS.img
HISEE_FS partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ODM partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ODM.img
ODM partition UPDATE ...OK
Software written
08.03.2018 02:20:18 Writing device finished OK
This post was last modified: 08-03-2018, 01:22 AM by Nauris Strazdins.
juvette
juvette
juvette
08-03-2018, 10:05 AM
(08-03-2018, 12:51 AM)Nauris Strazdins Thank you.
Flashed with DC-Phoenix and now it boots up.

Only, in About phone I still get Model number VKY, which is for P10 Plus and a high DPI (everything is big).
Did factory reset but it did not solve anything.

Here you can see the code when flashing.
Code:

Looking for a device in upgrade mode
No devices detected in upgrade mode

Looking for a device in fastboot mode

08.03.2018 02:14:16 Starting extracting partitions from file UPDATE.APP
Current version: VTR_C900_EMUI8.0
Cannot create extract directory: D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\tmp\20180308_021416_UPDATE\
Extract files to directory: D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\
Extracting partition: XLOADER OK
Extracting partition: FW_LPM3 OK
Extracting partition: FASTBOOT OK
Extracting partition: VECTOR OK
Extracting partition: VBMETA OK
Extracting partition: MODEMNVM_UPDATE OK
Extracting partition: TEEOS OK
Extracting partition: TRUSTFIRMWARE OK
Extracting partition: SENSORHUB OK
Extracting partition: FW_HIFI OK
Extracting partition: DTS OK
Extracting partition: KERNEL OK
Extracting partition: RECOVERY_RAMDISK OK
Extracting partition: RECOVERY_VENDOR OK
Extracting partition: RECOVERY_VBMETA OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_KERNEL OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_RAMDISK OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_VENDOR OK
Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_VBMETA OK
Extracting partition: RAMDISK OK
Extracting partition: CACHE OK
Extracting partition: SYSTEM OK
Extracting partition: ISP_FIRMWARE OK
Extracting partition: MODEM_FW OK
Extracting partition: HISEE_IMG OK
Extracting partition: HISEE_FS OK
Extracting partition: ODM OK
08.03.2018 02:16:01 Extracting partitions finished OK

08.03.2018 02:16:01 Starting to write device in FASTBOOT mode...

IMEI: 865************
Build number: :System 8.0.0.046(04VT)
Product model: VKY

XLOADER partition UPDATE ...FAILED
Cannot get FBlock info from device
Activating backdoor: DONE

XLOADER partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing FW_LPM3 partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\FW_LPM3.img
FW_LPM3 partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing FASTBOOT partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\FASTBOOT.img
FASTBOOT partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing VECTOR partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\VECTOR.img
VECTOR partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing VBMETA partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\VBMETA.img
VBMETA partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing MODEMNVM_UPDATE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\MODEMNVM_UPDATE.img
MODEMNVM_UPDATE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing TEEOS partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\TEEOS.img
TEEOS partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing TRUSTFIRMWARE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\TRUSTFIRMWARE.img
TRUSTFIRMWARE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing SENSORHUB partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\SENSORHUB.img
SENSORHUB partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing FW_HIFI partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\FW_HIFI.img
FW_HIFI partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing DTS partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\DTS.img
DTS partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing KERNEL partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\KERNEL.img
KERNEL partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RECOVERY_VENDOR partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RECOVERY_VENDOR.img
RECOVERY_VENDOR partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RECOVERY_VBMETA partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RECOVERY_VBMETA.img
RECOVERY_VBMETA partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_KERNEL partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_KERNEL.img
ERECOVERY_KERNEL partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_RAMDISK partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_RAMDISK.img
ERECOVERY_RAMDISK partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_VENDOR partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_VENDOR.img
ERECOVERY_VENDOR partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ERECOVERY_VBMETA partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ERECOVERY_VBMETA.img
ERECOVERY_VBMETA partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing RAMDISK partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\RAMDISK.img
RAMDISK partition UPDATE ...OK

Erasing CACHE partition
Partition CACHE erased

Writing CACHE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\CACHE.img
CACHE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing SYSTEM partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\SYSTEM.img
SYSTEM partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ISP_FIRMWARE partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ISP_FIRMWARE.img
ISP_FIRMWARE partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing MODEM_FW partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\MODEM_FW.img
MODEM_FW partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing HISEE_IMG partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\HISEE_IMG.img
HISEE_IMG partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing HISEE_FS partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\HISEE_FS.img
HISEE_FS partition UPDATE ...OK

Writing ODM partition with file D:\Users\cesedy\Downloads\DC_Phoenix_v51\DC_Phoenix_v51\ODM.img
ODM partition UPDATE ...OK
Software written
08.03.2018 02:20:18 Writing device finished OK

This must mean that the Update.app is for 10 Plus not 10 right?

Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Nauris Strazdins
Enthusiastic Member
08-03-2018, 10:38 AM
But that is not possible, because I downloaded firmware from pro-teammt database.

I clicked on "filelist" and from there I downloaded two files - "update.zip" and "update_full_VTR-L29_hw_eu.zip". So, I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the right UPDATE.APP. If not, there would be full forum with threads like mine.

[EDIT] I downloaded again, making sure. It is the same - for VTR-L29C432 e.g. P10.
This post was last modified: 08-03-2018, 11:00 AM by Nauris Strazdins.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
08-03-2018, 05:57 PM

(08-03-2018, 10:38 AM)Nauris Strazdins But that is not possible, because I downloaded firmware from pro-teammt database.

I clicked on "filelist" and from there I downloaded two files - "update.zip" and "update_full_VTR-L29_hw_eu.zip". So, I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the right UPDATE.APP. If not, there would be full forum with threads like mine.

[EDIT] I downloaded again, making sure. It is the same - for VTR-L29C432 e.g. P10.

it is still possible for them as humans to mix-up the firmware [not intentionally]
try the firmware for P10 from dc-unlocker @ https://www.dc-unlocker.com/file-list/Fi...mwares/P10
This post was last modified: 08-03-2018, 05:58 PM by freshtyt.