Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to preserve original permissions, users, groups? fbwintools & assayeedkitchen
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to preserve original permissions, users, groups? fbwintools & assayeedkitchen

How to preserve original permissions, users, groups? fbwintools & assayeedkitchen

nijazxp
nijazxp
nijazxp
Techie Member
07-03-2018, 04:11 AM

I noticed previously that when i try to root my lg x150 with assayeedkitchen it bootloops. Deodexing also makes some apps popup randomly and force close, even if i reset factory settings.

Now i used fbwintools and figured out how it works. It preserves all files permissions, user, group in file called statfile when we unpack ext4 image. But i noticed that when i repack it, probably during packing, all my permissions are changed, sometimes even groups. When i extract that packed file its stat file displays different permissions from the first original one. Yes, i used notepad++ to sort lines and put everything in same state so it can be compared.

Maybe that's same problem with assayeedkitchen and reason why it doesn't work...

Here are pics, see differences:
[Image: fbwintools_changes_permissions_and_group...acking.jpg]
This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 07:28 PM by nijazxp.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2018, 11:46 AM
(07-03-2018, 04:11 AM)nijazxp I noticed previously that when i try to root my lg x150 with assayeedkitchen it bootloops. Deodexing also makes some apps popup randomly and force close, even if i reset factory settings.

Now i used fbwintools and figured out how it works. It preserves all files permissions, user, group in file called statfile when we unpack ext4 image. But i noticed that when i repack it, probably during packing, all my permissions are changed, sometimes even groups. When i extract that packed file its stat file displays different permissions from the first original one. Yes, i used notepad++ to sort lines and put everything in same state so it can be compared.

Maybe that's same problem with assayeedkitchen and reason why it doesn't work...

Try auto tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html if its the same.

If you have TWRP for your phone then flash it . If prompted in TWRP, select KEEP READ ONLY then flash a systemless SuperSU
You can try porting TWRP using out tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html if you don't have one

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2018, 11:50 AM
(07-03-2018, 04:11 AM)nijazxp I noticed previously that when i try to root my lg x150 with assayeedkitchen it bootloops. Deodexing also makes some apps popup randomly and force close, even if i reset factory settings.

Try auto tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15855.html if its the same.

If you have TWRP for your phone then flash it . If prompted in TWRP, select KEEP READ ONLY then flash a systemless SuperSU
You can try porting TWRP using out tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html if you don't have one

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nijazxp
nijazxp
nijazxp
Techie Member
23-10-2020, 09:45 PM
No method for modifying any system files of all I found in tutorials ever worked for lg x150.
Only flashing original or similar firmware was the solution.
Whenever I touch any file via some pc app like assayeed kitchen which unpacks repacks anything, it bootloops.
Maybe some kind of strong protection. Never succeeded any custom recovery.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-10-2020, 02:01 PM

(23-10-2020, 09:45 PM)nijazxp No method for modifying any system files of all I found in tutorials ever worked for lg x150.
Only flashing original or similar firmware was the solution.
Whenever I touch any file via some pc app like assayeed kitchen which unpacks repacks anything, it bootloops.
Maybe some kind of strong protection. Never succeeded any custom recovery.

What really is the goal?

Note!