Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] (Unisoc / Spreadtrum) Sc7731c Modem for Latin America.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] (Unisoc / Spreadtrum) Sc7731c Modem for Latin America.

[Please help] (Unisoc / Spreadtrum) Sc7731c Modem for Latin America.

Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Enthusiastic Member
12-03-2018, 04:04 AM

Hi

I have a Blu Advance 4.0M A090L with a SPD sc7731c proccesor. running Marsmallow 6.0. i'ts Dual SIM.

The last 3 weeks i've been having several troubles with the phone, but certainly the most annoying and imposible issue to fix was this:
  • when the phone goes into standby or suspend mode, after 5 seconds, it wont turn on by the power button unless i put the battery out. this is the most troubly issue i've ever seen in android, and until today, i have not found a way to fix it. this has been happening since i bought the phone.
I 've looked in every thread concerning to Spreadtrum development about how to threat this, but it was pointless. there is no person in the internet who has had this issue or something close. So, my last option was flash stock firmware from Needrom with Research Download. unfortunately, the rom version was A090 without the "L". 

I didnt find the A090L rom so i flashed the first one. everything went fine, the flash was OK and it booted fine,but when i put the SIM card in, it did not connect to the carrier (No signal, when i did the network search at settings it returned error) . i realized the IMEI's  were not in Device Info, so i assumed that if i write imei's again signal would come back. (by the way, the standby issue was not fixed after the flash. i was about to throw the phone from a sixth floor).

I successfully wrote the imei's with a tool i found for spreadtrum, but i still had no signal. at this point, i thought the rom i flashed could have an american modem, which probably wouldn't get our bands, so i started to flash diferent rom modems in order to find a latin modem, but intil today i havent.

i would greatly appreciate any help to fix these issues, i´ve had headache many times trying to fix these but no success.hope you can do something
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-03-2018, 11:33 AM
(12-03-2018, 04:04 AM)Super_seb1 Hi

I have a Blu Advance 4.0M A090L with a SPD sc7731c proccesor. running Marsmallow 6.0. i'ts Dual SIM.

The last 3 weeks i've been having several troubles with the phone, but certainly the most annoying and imposible issue to fix was this:

At this point, you'll need to find a compatible rom since you've already flashed off the original rom. I'd encountered both issues you've mentioned in your post while porting a personal custom rom (standby more and no signal) and flashing the right pac file fixed those for me.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Enthusiastic Member
12-03-2018, 08:27 PM
(12-03-2018, 11:33 AM)hovatek
(12-03-2018, 04:04 AM)Super_seb1 Hi

At this point, you'll need to find a compatible rom since you've already flashed off the original rom. I'd encountered both issues you've mentioned in your post while porting a personal custom rom (standby more and no signal) and flashing the right pac file fixed those for me.

I understand that flashing a compatible rom will fix these issues, but that's the problem. there is no compatible rom with this phone, for there are not american costumers of this phone, so there isnt development of it. i searched for the stock rom and i couldn't find it. That's why i requested the latin Modem
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-03-2018, 11:07 AM
(12-03-2018, 08:27 PM)Super_seb1 I understand that flashing a compatible rom will fix these issues, but that's the problem. there is no compatible rom with this phone, for there are not american costumers of this phone, so there isnt development of it. i searched for the stock rom and i couldn't find it. That's why i requested the latin Modem

Ran a quick search for the Blu Advance 4.0M A090L pac file but nothing solid came up.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Enthusiastic Member
13-03-2018, 09:42 PM

(13-03-2018, 11:07 AM)hovatek
(12-03-2018, 08:27 PM)Super_seb1 I understand that flashing a compatible rom will fix these issues, but that's the problem. there is no compatible rom with this phone, for there are not american costumers of this phone, so there isnt development of it. i searched for the stock rom and i couldn't find it. That's why i requested the latin Modem

Ran a quick search for the Blu Advance 4.0M A090L pac file but nothing solid came up.

it's useless then try to fix it by myself? im trying to find a compatible modem right now in order to recover signal, the standby issue i guess i can fix it by modifying files at /sys/power (i've root the phone with magisk 16.0)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-03-2018, 09:45 AM
(13-03-2018, 09:42 PM)Super_seb1 it's useless then try to fix it by myself? im trying to find a compatible modem right now in order to recover signal, the standby issue i guess i can fix it by modifying files at /sys/power (i've root the phone with magisk 16.0)

You're assuming that the problem is from the modem. I had this same issue on a flashable zip I was working on for an SPD device of mine. each time I flashed the zip, I lost network signal. Turned our the problems was from /system
Lets take a look at the modem for a moment. Access the Engineer mode and check what bands are available
For the power issue, I believe your goal is wake lock idle?
This post was last modified: 14-03-2018, 09:52 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2018, 10:59 PM
(14-03-2018, 09:45 AM)hovatek
(13-03-2018, 09:42 PM)Super_seb1 it's useless then try to fix it by myself? im trying to find a compatible modem right now in order to recover signal, the standby issue i guess i can fix it by modifying files at /sys/power (i've root the phone with magisk 16.0)

You're assuming that the problem is from the modem. I had this same issue on a flashable zip I was working on for an SPD device of mine. each time I flashed the zip, I lost network signal. Turned our the problems was from /system
Lets take a look at the modem for a moment. Access the Engineer mode and check what bands are available
For the power issue, I believe your goal is wake lock idle?

i went to engineer mode and check the available bands, and this is what i found:

Automatic,EURO Band, USA Band, JAPAN Band,AUS Band,AUS2 Band

note that i live in latin america, so neither of these could work on the phone. by the way, when i try to select one of those, returns error, incorrect. (in all the bands)

concerning to the standby issue, yes, i guess.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2018, 12:00 PM
(14-03-2018, 10:59 PM)Super_seb1 i went to engineer mode and check the available bands, and this is what i found:

note that i live in latin america, so neither of these could work on the phone. by the way, when i try to select one of those, returns error, incorrect. (in all the bands)

Seems you'll need the modem from a phone made for your region. If you wish to modify this modem then prepare to do a lot of reading since Spreadtrum hasn't received as much Developer love as Qualcomm has

Note!
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Super_seb1
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2018, 01:15 PM
(15-03-2018, 12:00 PM)hovatek
(14-03-2018, 10:59 PM)Super_seb1 i went to engineer mode and check the available bands, and this is what i found:

Seems you'll need the modem from a phone made for your region. If you wish to modify this modem then prepare to do a lot of reading since Spreadtrum hasn't received as much Developer love as Qualcomm has
So i have to check all sc7731c phone firmware for my region until find the right modem? 

note that this blu is Dual Sim, fact that reduces the posibilities of finding a compatible modem

i've flashed before some modem.bin files from other phones in this blu, but i never found even one which could recognize the sim card
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2018, 09:57 AM

(15-03-2018, 01:15 PM)Super_seb1 So i have to check all sc7731c phone firmware for my region until find the right modem? 

note that this blu is Dual Sim, fact that reduces the posibilities of finding a compatible modem

i've flashed before some modem.bin files from other phones in this blu, but i never found even one which could recognize the sim card

I don't think trying random modems for your phone's chipset is a good idea but you don't have much of a choice. Spreadtrum phones sometimes have exact clones marketed as different brands and models in other countries. If any exists for your model then maybe such will be a global modem
I found someone who might have access to your model @ http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/12465561-post41759.html
Maybe you can PM the user..you never know
This post was last modified: 16-03-2018, 10:07 AM by hovatek.

Note!