Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Is it possible to update the recovery software of a soft-bricked machine?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Is it possible to update the recovery software of a soft-bricked machine?

[Please help] Is it possible to update the recovery software of a soft-bricked machine?

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Tii
Tii
Tii
Enthusiastic Member
18-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Hi,

I heve an Acer Iconia a3-a20 that is stoped on the logo every time and the recovery mode has a few options that all of them take me to the intro logo again.
Is it possible to update the twrp or another recovery software? If not, is possible to change a chip like the bios chip on a pc motherboard?

thanks

edit:
I followed this instructions one or two years ago when i had bootloop, but now i can't have recovery mode working good...

Quote:1. Download android sdk
2. Unzip file, and move it to C:/, and rename it antools
3. Download Adb, and unzip it inside antools>platform-tools
4. Download your tablet stock firmware rom, without unzipping it, and move it to antools>platform-tools
5. Enter android recovery mode, and then adb
6. use cmd normally, and type Cd.. (twice)
7. Type cd antools, and then type cd platform-tools (the folder where you moved your stock firmware, and adb
8. Type adb devices
9. Type "adb sideload filename" (without quotes, and the file name is the name+extension of your stock firmware.)
Example: adb sideload SDs_Acer_AV0K0_A3-A20_1.018.00_WW_GEN1.zip
10. Be patient until the file has been sent 100%
11. Once it's done, reboot the system, keep the tablet plugged inside the pc
12. The computer will recognize the tablet but won't find the driver, so go to device manager, update the driver which you will find in portable devices, using the mt65xx usb driver.
13. Once the driver has been updated, you will see the driver name change to (A3-A20), and then the tablet turned on by itself.

from the post
Quote:[Please help] Bricked Acer A3-A20
This post was last modified: 18-03-2018, 07:53 PM by Tii.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2018, 11:53 AM
(18-03-2018, 11:41 AM)Tii Hi,

I heve an Acer Iconia a3-a20 that is stoped on the logo every time and the recovery mode has a few options that all of them take me to the intro logo again.
Is it possible to update the twrp or another recovery software? If not, is possible to change a chip like the bios chip on a pc motherboard?

thanks

edit:
I followed this instructions one or two years ago when i had bootloop, but now i can't have recovery mode working good...

You'll need the phone's stock recovery to port a custom recovery.
How did the phone get bricked and have you tried searching for the stock rom?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tii
Tii
Tii
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2018, 02:09 PM
I'm not able to do the recover via SP Flash Tools...
Sometimes the tablet is detected by the pc, sometimes not... and when i get it to be detected i can't see in the program SP Flash Tool to be detected, or i have an error bank, like only with " ; "...
I don't know how it got bricked, i think it was software...
This post was last modified: 21-03-2018, 02:45 PM by Tii.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2018, 03:30 PM
(21-03-2018, 02:09 PM)Tii I'm not able to do the recover via SP Flash Tools...
Sometimes the tablet is detected by the pc, sometimes not... and when i get it to be detected i can't see in the program SP Flash Tool to be detected, or i have an error bank, like only with " ; "...

do you have the stock rom?
what error message do you get in SPft? [attach a screenshot]
Tii
Tii
Tii
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2018, 10:08 PM

(21-03-2018, 03:30 PM)X3non
(21-03-2018, 02:09 PM)Tii I'm not able to do the recover via SP Flash Tools...

do you have the stock rom?
what error message do you get in SPft? [attach a screenshot]

So lets start from the beginning...
when i light the tablet on it gets stucked to the boot logo
when i go to recovery mode (when i can go in, because sometimes i need some attempts to enter), it's a very simple one just with the normal options and when i select any option it goes to the logo screen (freezing)
when i connect to the pc the pc detects and suddenly just right next it stops detecting and it shows the picture of the battery like if it was charging but never fills any battery on the draw on the screen
when i connect the tablet to the pc pressing volume (i think is vol down) the pc detects once after disconnected and it detects a second time and after disconnected showing the battery logo

So that's it, i'm not able now to make the pc to detect the tablet i have to make some attempts like pressing buttons, enter recovery mode and some combination like connecting the wire and pressing a button...

I took so long to answer because i send the tablet to the store and there they told me that is motherboard problem and is quite dead, like they can't do anything with it... but i know i had it detected by the SPft before taking it to the store, now i cant make it to detect but if i lost some more time with some more attempts probably i can make it detect...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-03-2018, 02:51 PM
(25-03-2018, 10:08 PM)Tii So lets start from the beginning...
when i go to recovery mode (when i can go in, because sometimes i need some attempts to enter), it's a very simple one just with the normal options and when i select any option it goes to the logo screen (freezing)
when i connect to the pc the pc detects and suddenly just right next it stops detecting and it shows the picture of the battery like if it was charging but never fills any battery on the draw on the screen
when i connect the tablet to the pc pressing volume (i think is vol down) the pc detects once after disconnected and it detects a second time and after disconnected showing the battery logo

So that's it, i'm not able now to make the pc to detect the tablet i have to make some attempts like pressing buttons, enter recovery mode and some combination like connecting the wire and pressing a button...

I took so long to answer because i send the tablet to the store and there they told me that is motherboard problem and is quite dead, like they can't do anything with it... but i know i had it detected by the SPft before taking it to the store, now i cant make it to detect but if i lost some more time with some more attempts probably i can make it detect...

Launch device manager > Power off the tab > Connect to PC (don't hold any button)
What does it get detected as in device manager?
Also, did you install VCOM drivers as instructed at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
This post was last modified: 26-03-2018, 02:52 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tii
Tii
Tii
Enthusiastic Member
26-03-2018, 11:07 PM
(26-03-2018, 02:51 PM)hovatek
(25-03-2018, 10:08 PM)Tii So lets start from the beginning...

Launch device manager > Power off the tab > Connect to PC (don't hold any button)
What does it get detected as in device manager?
Also, did you install VCOM drivers as instructed at ...

After following the instructions removing drivers and fresh install drivers, in windows 10 (drivers from windows 7) the tablet is detected as MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Android (COM6) and after about one second it disappears with another warning sound and the image of the battery appears on the tablet.

I think i should install a windows 7, it was there where i got the tablet on the device manager like permanent.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-03-2018, 11:31 AM
(26-03-2018, 11:07 PM)Tii After following the instructions removing drivers and fresh install drivers, in windows 10 (drivers from windows 7) the tablet is detected as MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Android (COM6) and after about one second it disappears with another warning sound and the image of the battery appears on the tablet.

I think i should install a windows 7, it was there where i got the tablet on the device manager like permanent.

Let's know how that goes

Note!
Tii
Tii
Tii
Enthusiastic Member
05-04-2018, 12:28 AM
(27-03-2018, 11:31 AM)hovatek
(26-03-2018, 11:07 PM)Tii After following the instructions removing drivers and fresh install drivers, in windows 10 (drivers from windows 7) the tablet is detected as MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Android (COM6) and after about one second it disappears with another warning sound and the image of the battery appears on the tablet.

Let's know how that goes

sorry about all this time, so the tablet has the same behaviour, even with windows 7, it detects and then quickly stops being detected and starts to show the battery logo...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2018, 10:42 AM

(05-04-2018, 12:28 AM)Tii sorry about all this time, so the tablet has the same behaviour, even with windows 7, it detects and then quickly stops being detected and starts to show the battery logo...

OK. I think we can find a way around that.
Now, what I want to know is if you have the stock rom for the phone. If you do, I want to see a full screenshot of its contents

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next