Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to flash Qualcomm firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to flash Qualcomm firmware

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to flash Qualcomm firmware

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-03-2018, 11:25 PM

This guide will explain how to flash a Qualcomm Android phone's stock rom / firmware using NCK Pro Box and will come in handy so far the device can still boot into EDL mode

Requirements

Steps to flash a Qualcomm Android phone's firmware using NCK Pro Box

Follow the steps below to flash a Qualcomm Android device using NCK Pro Box

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/-JRORw_GNIQ

1. Launch NckBox Qualcomm module

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-1.jpg]

2. Click the Flasher tab

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-2.jpg]

3. Double click in the text field under RAWPROGRAM FILE

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-3.jpg]

4. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the location of the firmware, highlight the rawprogram().xml file then click Open

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-4.jpg]

5. All available files in the firmware should now get loaded in the tool

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-5.jpg]

6. You may untick any partition you do not wish to flash or just leave all ticked to flash all

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-6.jpg]

7. Click Flash Firmware

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-7.jpg]

8. Once you see Searching for phone.., power off the phone (still with battery in), hold both Volume buttons then connect to the NCK Box via a USB cord (this is EDL mode)

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-8.jpg]

9. The device should get detected and its details displayed

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...-Box-9.jpg]

10. The tool should now start writing to the partitions, do not interrupt

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...Box-10.jpg]

11. You should get a Done message once flashing is complete

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Qualcomm-Android-phones-f...Box-11.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Its important you only flash firmware for your exact phone model, region or build as doing otherwise could brick the device
  • Its recommended you backup your phone's firmware before flashing just in case the files / firmware you flash bricks the device
  • NCK Pro box ideally requires a hardware box to work so merely installing the setup and running won't work
  • Should you choose to use a loader version (no hardware box required) then you could run into errors from your antivirus. You are entirely responsible for choosing to ignore these warnings
  • NCK Box will attempt to find the right loader for your device. If it fails to or you have a loader you're sure will work then you can set NCK box to use the custom loader instead
  • The exact method of booting into EDL on your device could vary from what's mentioned in this guide so run a search to know how to get your own device into EDL if the above doesn't work. Some devices might even require an EDL cable

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash a Qualcomm Android phone using NCK box. You need to have the hardware box and set it up. We have a guide on how to do that. You need to also install your Qualcomm drivers, we also have a guide for that. You need to download & install the NCK box Qualcomm module setup, this is it right here. You also need to have the firmware which you want to flash to your phone. I'm going to show you a preview of what it looks like. Alright! Great! Now, once you have all these in place, launch the NCK box Qualcomm module and wait for it to come up. This is the dashboard. Click on the FLASHER tab [resizing]

Now, double-click this RAWPROGRAM field. In this window that pops up, navigate to the folder where you have your firmware and you select the rawprogram() XML file and click Open. That is going to load all the available files from the firmware. You can untick any file you don't intend to flash. It really depends on you. I'm going to untick heavy files to make the flashing process much faster. You can leave everything ticked if you want but I want to speed up this flashing so I'll just untick system because its a very heavy partition, and userdata. Once you've done this, what you'll want to do is to click Flash Firmware.

Once you see searching for phone, you power off the device, still with battery in it, you hold both volume buttons then connect it to the box via the USB cord this is your EDL Mode. Once you connect it to the box, you should have detection like I have here and flashing should begin shortly. Alright! flashing has begun. Just sit back, do not interrupt the process. [flashing]

Alright! Great! So flashing is done. That's basically how to flash a Qualcomm Android phone using NCK box Qualcomm module.
This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 02:57 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rehannasim
rehannasim
rehannasim
10-04-2019, 10:42 PM
ok is there a way to get programmer file for a phone who's progrrammer file can not be found any where on the internet
even manufacturers deny

i have recovery.img for the device which i want to flash, so here are my question

1) how i can do without a programmer file?
2) is there any way to do without having the programmer file?
3) Is there any way to extract it from the main device?
4) if i try these programmer file , is it safe if i use a wrong programmer file ?
5) if programmer file fails then can i reset phone to factory status?
6) can i use Miracle box to flash single partition , without having programmer file?

by programmer file i mean
prog_emmc_firehose_8909.mbn
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-04-2019, 11:42 AM
(10-04-2019, 10:42 PM)rehannasim ok is there a way to get programmer file for a phone who's progrrammer file can not be found any where on the internet
even manufacturers deny

i have recovery.img for the device which i want to flash, so here are my question

1) how i can do without a programmer file?
2) is there any way to do without having the programmer file?
3) Is there any way to extract it from the main device?
4) if i try these programmer file , is it safe if i use a wrong programmer file ?
5) if programmer file fails then can i reset phone to factory status?
6) can i use Miracle box to flash single partition , without having programmer file?

by programmer file i mean
prog_emmc_firehose_8909.mbn

stick to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27341.html
rehannasim
rehannasim
rehannasim
11-04-2019, 12:16 PM
ok sorry for stepping it to your yard
5diamond
5diamond
5diamond
Techie Member