Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK DROID TOOL Error Copying Files
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MTK DROID TOOL Error Copying Files

[Please help] MTK DROID TOOL Error Copying Files

Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
01-04-2015, 03:37 PM

I have a gionee m2 (8gb) and I want to make a backup with mtk droid tool(v2.5.3)
Without root it shows blue now I rooted d device with kingroot and check with root checker and it says successfully rooted. I followed ur procedures how to install drivers through pdanet and vocom and my fone is identified by the mtk droid tool. But when I tried to click the root button on mtk droid tool it gives an error copying files btw PC and device.. How will I go about fixing these?
gursewak
gursewak
gursewak
Techie Member
01-04-2015, 04:13 PM
why u want to root it again if you have rooted succesfully?
is it not working?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
(01-04-2015, 04:13 PM)gursewak why u want to root it again if you have rooted succesfully?
is it not working?

clicking ROOT in MTK droid tools isnt an attempt to root the phone, only to get root permission

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-04-2015, 04:20 PM
(01-04-2015, 03:37 PM)Emvino I have a gionee m2 (8gb) and I want to make a backup with mtk droid tool(v2.5.3)
Without root it shows blue now I rooted d device with kingroot and check with root checker and it says successfully rooted. I followed ur procedures how to install drivers through pdanet and vocom and my fone is identified by the mtk droid tool. But when I tried to click the root button on mtk droid tool it gives an error copying files btw PC and device.. How will I go about fixing these?

1. try using a different port, usb cord or PC.
2. run mtk droid tools as admin

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gursewak
gursewak
gursewak
Techie Member
01-04-2015, 04:29 PM

(01-04-2015, 04:19 PM)hovatek
(01-04-2015, 04:13 PM)gursewak why u want to root it again if you have rooted succesfully?
is it not working?

clicking ROOT in MTK droid tools isnt an attempt to root the phone, only to get root permission

i have a doubt here .
clicking root on mtk installs root files also on my phone.
if i have rooted already the root button gets unclickable
so i think its for installing root files as well as permissions.
Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
01-04-2015, 07:05 PM
This is an Image of the error. I think it complain about root shell.
[Image: mtkdroid.jpg]
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
01-04-2015, 10:20 PM
(01-04-2015, 04:29 PM)gursewak i have a doubt here .
clicking root on mtk installs root files also on my phone.
if i have rooted already the root button gets unclickable
so i think its for installing root files as well as permissions.

Totally false guy! Go back and study MTK droid tools more. what Hovatek said is very correct. you can ask around

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 10:21 PM by Keslar.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-04-2015, 10:22 PM
(01-04-2015, 07:05 PM)Emvino This is an Image of the error. I think it complain about root shell.
[Image: mtkdroid.jpg]

delete the MTK droid tools and download from another source. try the one @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html

Note!
Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
01-04-2015, 11:40 PM
My Kudos goes to Hovatek and everyone dat contributed to these thread. I downloaded a new MTK droid tool from d link Hovatek gave above and the root button loaded at once.. I will complete d rest of the work tomorrow as am tired and it's late in d night now. I'm upgrading to kitkat so I need to backup.. Thanks once more to y'all and please learn from these if you have same problem. Peace!