Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno Phantom 6-plus restarting whenever i play music or stream anything online
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno Phantom 6-plus restarting whenever i play music or stream anything online

[Please help] Tecno Phantom 6-plus restarting whenever i play music or stream anything online

Kavoh
Kavoh
Kavoh
29-03-2018, 10:04 AM

Hi all,
I have a Tecno Phantom 6-plus which i bought last year in September, The phone has been working well, i even upgraded from its made android 6 to android 7 and everything was okay. But recently, about two weeks ago, the phone has been behaving strangely. Whenever i play music, put on the camera, stream anything online, the phone just restarts. sometimes it restarts and drains off the battery, other times just restarts. The phone is still under warrant but i traveled and where i am there are no carlcare centers. I have even done factory reset and still the problem persists. what should i do? I really need your assistance. Thank you
juvette
juvette
juvette
29-03-2018, 02:59 PM
(29-03-2018, 10:04 AM)Kavoh Hi all,
I have a Tecno Phantom 6-plus which i bought last year in September, The phone has been working well, i even upgraded from its made android 6 to android 7 and everything was okay. But recently, about two weeks ago, the phone has been behaving strangely. Whenever i play music, put on the camera, stream anything online, the phone just restarts. sometimes it restarts and drains off the battery, other times just restarts. The phone is still under warrant but i traveled and where i am there are no carlcare centers. I have even done factory reset and still the problem persists. what should i do? I really need your assistance. Thank you

Try two things:
1. Ensure the phone is connected to power then try doing those things that cause it to trip off. see if it still trips off
2. Boot the phone into safe mode (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-572.html) and see if it still trips off when you do those things

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
Kavoh
Kavoh
Kavoh
29-03-2018, 04:43 PM
(29-03-2018, 02:59 PM)juvette
(29-03-2018, 10:04 AM)Kavoh Hi all,

Try two things:
1. Ensure the phone is connected to power then try doing those things that cause it to trip off. see if it still trips off
2. Boot the phone into safe mode # and see if it still trips off when you do those things

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
Hi, when the phone is connected to charger i can play music but after sometime it trips off, same case with streaming
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-03-2018, 05:28 PM
(29-03-2018, 04:43 PM)Kavoh Hi, when the phone is connected to charger i can play music but after sometime it trips off, same case with streaming

Have you tried restore factory/replacing the battery?
This post was last modified: 29-03-2018, 05:28 PM by xerxes.
Kavoh
Kavoh
Kavoh
29-03-2018, 05:39 PM

(29-03-2018, 05:28 PM)innagee
(29-03-2018, 04:43 PM)Kavoh Hi, when the phone is connected to charger i can play music but after sometime it trips off, same case with streaming

Have you tried restore factory/replacing the battery?

The battery is inbuilt i cant access it, i have done factory reset but still the problem persist. Also checking online people have similar problem with the Tecno phanto phone but none of the solutions seems to work
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-03-2018, 06:55 PM
(29-03-2018, 05:39 PM)Kavoh The battery is inbuilt i cant access it, i have done factory reset but still the problem persist. Also checking online people have similar problem with the Tecno phanto phone but none of the solutions seems to work

inbuilt battery only means you need to loosen the phone in order to get to the battery
did you try safe mode?
was the phone with this issue when you initially bought it?
did you recently perform a system upgrade on the phone?
what android version is the phone currently running on?
This post was last modified: 29-03-2018, 06:56 PM by X3non.
Kavoh
Kavoh
Kavoh
29-03-2018, 10:40 PM
(29-03-2018, 06:55 PM)X3non
(29-03-2018, 05:39 PM)Kavoh The battery is inbuilt i cant access it, i have done factory reset but still the problem persist. Also checking online people have similar problem with the Tecno phanto phone but none of the solutions seems to work

inbuilt battery only means you need to loosen the phone in order to get to the battery
did you try safe mode?
was the phone with this issue when you initially bought it?
did you recently perform a system upgrade on the phone?
what android version is the phone currently running on?
 when i bought the phone it was okay, all working well, yes i did a system upgrade from android 6 to android 7.1, but that was some 3 months ago, it was all working well until recently this behavior started.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-03-2018, 11:18 AM
(29-03-2018, 10:40 PM)Kavoh  when i bought the phone it was okay, all working well, yes i did a system upgrade from android 6 to android 7.1, but that was some 3 months ago, it was all working well until recently this behavior started.

It could be anything from a RAM management bug at the system level to a hardware issue.
What's your phone's present Build Number? I would suggest downgrading back to Android 6 to see if the issue persists

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
chibukaishi
chibukaishi
chibukaishi
12-04-2021, 04:17 AM
thank