Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Hardbrick dead LG optimus g pro E986 (QDLoader 9008)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Hardbrick dead LG optimus g pro E986 (QDLoader 9008)

[Please help] Hardbrick dead LG optimus g pro E986 (QDLoader 9008)

Alvarez Niko
Alvarez Niko
Alvarez Niko
02-04-2018, 11:21 PM

Hello. My e986 died afther flashing the wrong kdz file and now is complitly dead, only shows the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 when i connect the usb (no download mode, no recovery, no image, no nothing, the lights flash like 1 second when i connect the usb, that is)

I follow some guides trying to revive with sdcard, example: (google search) "[GUIDE] Optimus G Pro Full Hard Brick fix" (with this guide also i cant get the gdisk listed the partitions, it always said that is corrupted, i used 2 differents sd card already)

But i cant get extracted de kdz, also use the ubrick from the e980 but nothing.

Is there a way i can make an image from a cwm backup to try fixed with sdcard method? the problem is that i don't know exactly what i need, because there is a lot of guide to fix with sd card method, but don't know how i can get the proper image to write on the sd card at least to enter on download mode if is possible.
This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 11:26 PM by Alvarez Niko.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-04-2018, 10:04 AM
(02-04-2018, 11:21 PM)Alvarez Niko Hello. My e986 died afther flashing the wrong kdz file and now is complitly dead, only shows the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 when i connect the usb (no download mode, no recovery, no image, no nothing, the lights flash like 1 second when i connect the usb, that is)

I follow some guides trying to revive with sdcard, example: (google search) "[GUIDE] Optimus G Pro Full Hard Brick fix" (with this guide also i cant get the gdisk listed the partitions, it always said that is corrupted, i used 2 differents sd card already)

But i cant get extracted de kdz, also use the ubrick from the e980 but nothing.

Is there a way i can make an image from a cwm backup to try fixed with sdcard method? the problem is that i don't know exactly what i need, because there is a lot of guide to fix with sd card method, but don't know how i can get the proper image to write on the sd card at least to enter on download mode if is possible.

Your Bootloader must have gotten corrupted. The goal of the SD card method is to reflash the bootloader to the phone so you can then flash the right kdz. A CWM approach won't help at this point because you can't enter recovery mode.
What I want to know is if you now have the correct kdz for your phone or bootloader file

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Alvarez Niko
Alvarez Niko
Alvarez Niko
04-04-2018, 12:06 AM
(03-04-2018, 10:04 AM)hovatek Your Bootloader must have gotten corrupted. The goal of the SD card method is to reflash the bootloader to the phone so you can then flash the right kdz. A CWM approach won't help at this point because you can't enter recovery mode.
What I want to know is if you now have the correct kdz for your phone or bootloader file

First thanks a lot for try to help, and yeah, i know that cwm backup won't do nothing, i just thought it might work to extract the backup i got from the og firm with a kitchen and get files needed and create a .img file that i can write on a sd and try to boot on download mode, the thing is that i don't know exactly what file is needed.

The stock JB firmware (PTR region) that give me with my imei can't be extracted, is a know problem with this model,several people already try but most of the tools seems not working with that kdz (lgfirmwareextractor for example). So i try using the kk version from turkey, same model E986 but different region, i got the files from this firmware, and according to the only guide that approach to this model (i can't post links so you have to search this on xda/google) "[GUIDE] Optimus G Pro Full Hard Brick fix" you write the Partition.bin who i believe made the partition similar to the phone memory and then copy the other files on linux

But i cant get it work, gdisk never recognize the partitions, maybe is because i dont know well linux and working with terminal, or is the partition.bin im using, im still trying...
This post was last modified: 04-04-2018, 01:07 AM by Alvarez Niko.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-04-2018, 11:50 AM
(04-04-2018, 12:06 AM)Alvarez Niko
(03-04-2018, 10:04 AM)hovatek Your Bootloader must have gotten corrupted. The goal of the SD card method is to reflash the bootloader to the phone so you can then flash the right kdz. A CWM approach won't help at this point because you can't enter recovery mode.

First thanks a lot for try to help, and yeah, i know that cwm backup won't do nothing, i just thought it might work to extract the backup i got from the og firm with a kitchen and get files needed and create a .img file that i can write on a sd and try to boot on download mode, the thing is that i don't know exactly what file is needed.

The stock JB firmware (PTR region) that give me with my imei can't be extracted, is a know problem with this model,several people already try but most of the tools seems not working with that kdz (lgfirmwareextractor for example). So i try using the kk version from turkey, same model E986 but different region, i got the files from this firmware, and according to the only guide that approach to this model (i can't post links so you have to search this on xda/google) "[GUIDE] Optimus G Pro Full Hard Brick fix" you write the Partition.bin who i believe made the partition similar to the phone memory and then copy the other files on linux

But i cant get it work, gdisk never recognize the partitions, maybe is because i dont know well linux and working with terminal, or is the partition.bin im using, im still trying...

Did you write PrimaryGPT.bin to the SD card?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Alvarez Niko
Alvarez Niko
Alvarez Niko
04-04-2018, 03:14 PM

(04-04-2018, 11:50 AM)hovatek Did you write PrimaryGPT.bin to the SD card?

Yes, i write PrimaryGPT.bin, then it supose you need to( i think) write the boot, sbl1, etc. on linux distro matching the partitions created for the PrimaryGPT. But i cant getting done, it always says that the SD is corrupted and cannot "see" the partitions. Don't know if is a permission problem or the write process on windows.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2018, 10:22 AM
(04-04-2018, 03:14 PM)Alvarez Niko
(04-04-2018, 11:50 AM)hovatek Did you write PrimaryGPT.bin to the SD card?

Yes, i write PrimaryGPT.bin, then it supose you need to( i think) write the boot, sbl1, etc. on linux distro matching the partitions created for the PrimaryGPT. But i cant getting done, it always says that the SD is corrupted and cannot "see" the partitions. Don't know if is a permission problem or the write process on windows.

We'll like to look into this via a Live Private session.
Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangout. I've also sent you a PM here, check and respond

Note!