Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Error while installing OTA
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Error while installing OTA

[Please help] Error while installing OTA

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Espera Awo
Espera Awo
Espera Awo
Enthusiastic Member
15-04-2018, 01:31 AM

(12-04-2018, 11:02 AM)hovatek
(12-04-2018, 03:29 AM)Espera Awo That's what I thought first too, reflashed multiple times boot with SP Flash Tool with no success. Even formatted whole device but still getting the error. I don't know how to explain this. I unrooted it by uninstalling Magisk and it's removed root. After formatting, there is no more root, right?

Something isn't right...
1. How exactly did you format
2. Did you flash the full firmware and what's the build number of the full firmware you flashed (if you did)
3. Try flashing v158

Another issue could be that source (update.zip) is older than target
I have used SP Flash Tool and selected Format + Download and everything was ticked from PreLoader to Cache. It flashed succefully but even after flashing, I still can't update. I'll try flashing v158 it's downloading. Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-04-2018, 08:04 AM
(15-04-2018, 01:31 AM)Espera Awo I have used SP Flash Tool and selected Format + Download and everything was ticked from PreLoader to Cache. It flashed succefully but even after flashing, I still can't update. I'll try flashing v158 it's downloading. Thank you

ok.
Do you know how to extract the update.zip?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Espera Awo
Espera Awo
Espera Awo
Enthusiastic Member
18-04-2018, 04:31 PM
(16-04-2018, 08:04 AM)hovatek
(15-04-2018, 01:31 AM)Espera Awo I have used SP Flash Tool and selected Format + Download and everything was ticked from PreLoader to Cache. It flashed succefully but even after flashing, I still can't update. I'll try flashing v158 it's downloading. Thank you

ok.
Do you know how to extract the update.zip?

Hello, I've flashed the V158 and tried the OTA update. Everything went flawlessly, I think my problem is solved now, I'm on the latest version for my TECNO Spark K7+ It's prepared for any possible Oreo update. Smile

Problem solved. Hope there will be Oreo update on this smartphone which is incredible.

Thanks you all...
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
18-04-2018, 04:58 PM
(18-04-2018, 04:31 PM)Espera Awo Hello, I've flashed the V158 and tried the OTA update. Everything went flawlessly, I think my problem is solved now, I'm on the latest version for my TECNO Spark K7+ It's prepared for any possible Oreo update. Smile
Problem solved. Hope there will be Oreo update on this smartphone which is incredible.

Thanks you all...

tecno isn't known for releasing android version updates instead they'll rather release new phones, don't get high hopes yet
Pages (2): Previous 1 2