Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Rooting Infinix Hot 4 Pro Running Android Nougat
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Rooting Infinix Hot 4 Pro Running Android Nougat

[Please help] Rooting Infinix Hot 4 Pro Running Android Nougat

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
13-04-2018, 08:08 PM

(13-04-2018, 07:29 PM)X3non
(13-04-2018, 06:08 PM)obisco4u I want to modify the recovery.bin file so that sp flash tool can flash it into my device. I have unpacked the recovery.bin file. What files inside do I modify to make it compatible?

problem is not from recovery file but rather from scatter file
read my previous reply again if you did not

Yes i read your reply. Am using another scatter file
I downloaded not that one from miracle box. I still get the same error no matter what scatter fike I use.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-04-2018, 10:40 AM
(13-04-2018, 06:08 PM)obisco4u I want to modify the recovery.bin file so that sp flash tool can flash it into my device. I have unpacked the recovery.bin file. What files inside do I modify to make it compatible?

You're headed in the wrong direction.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-04-2018, 10:45 AM
(13-04-2018, 08:08 PM)obisco4u Yes i read your reply. Am using another scatter file
I downloaded not that one from miracle box. I still get the same error no matter what scatter fike I use.

This is really simple so don't complicate it for yourself
Let me break this down for you.
Downloading a random scatter file (even for your chipset ) doesn't mean it'll work. Infact, you best stick with a scatter file for your phone model (best for your build number).
Now, you have done a Miracle Box dump. All you need to do is copy the preloader.bin and scatter file (from your backup) into the same folder as recovery.bin and flash using Miracle Box as instructed at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

If you want to -by all means- avoid miracle box then you need to rename the recovery.bin to recovery.img then get an SP flash tool (not Miracle Box dump) scatter file for your phone model and flash ONLY recovery using SP flash tool

Another approach is to dump your firmware using Wwr tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
This will eventually generate a scatter file which you can use in SP flash tool
This post was last modified: 14-04-2018, 10:50 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
18-04-2018, 07:12 AM
(14-04-2018, 10:45 AM)hovatek
(13-04-2018, 08:08 PM)obisco4u Yes i read your reply. Am using another scatter file

This is really simple so don't complicate it for yourself
Let me break this down for you.
Downloading a random scatter file (even for your chipset ) doesn't mean it'll work. Infact, you best stick with a scatter file for your phone model (best for your build number).
Now, you have done a Miracle Box dump. All you need to do is copy the preloader.bin and scatter file (from your backup) into the same folder as recovery.bin and flash using Miracle Box as instructed at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

If you want to -by all means- avoid miracle box then you need to rename the recovery.bin to recovery.img then get an SP flash tool (not Miracle Box dump) scatter file for your phone model and flash ONLY recovery using SP flash tool

Another approach is to dump your firmware using Wwr tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
This will eventually generate a scatter file which you can use in SP flash tool

Thanks a lot. I have been able to install TWRP. Am now faced with another problem. TWRP says that my data partition is encrypted and is unable to mount /data or install SuperSu. How can I resolve this?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2018, 10:47 AM

(18-04-2018, 07:12 AM)obisco4u Thanks a lot. I have been able to install TWRP. Am now faced with another problem. TWRP says that my data partition is encrypted and is unable to mount /data or install SuperSu. How can I resolve this?

Ensure you've backed up important stuff then wipe phone storage (factory reset) in TWRP
Let me know if the error persists

Note!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2