Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked M3?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Bricked M3?

[Please help] Bricked M3?

charis232
charis232
charis232
Enthusiastic Member
13-04-2018, 04:41 PM

I have the Mediapad M3 8 LTE with Noughat 7 - 5.1
I unlock bootloader and working for a few days with out problem.
Today I decided to install TWRP and then to ROOT.With commands from the
CMD window,<<fastboot.....>> I install the TWRP recovery img but when
I tried to power on the M3,it flash for a second with a message with yellow lines
says the bootloader is unlocked and then switch off.I tried many combinations of the buttons
but nothing,at the end I could boot to Bootloader rescue mode. What I have to do next?
How to flash maybe, the original boot.img? or any other proposal?.

Thanks in advance
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-04-2018, 10:09 PM
(13-04-2018, 04:41 PM)charis232 I have the Mediapad M3 8 LTE with Noughat 7 - 5.1
I tried to power on the M3,it flash for a second with a message with yellow lines
says the bootloader is unlocked and then switch off.I tried many combinations of the buttons
but nothing,at the end I could boot to Bootloader rescue mode. What I have to do next?
Thanks in advance

Did you backup the phone's firmware before attempting to root?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-04-2018, 11:33 AM
(13-04-2018, 04:41 PM)charis232 I have the Mediapad M3 8 LTE with Noughat 7 - 5.1

Thanks in advance

Huawei Mediapad M3 8 LTE
HiSilicon Kirin 950

You typically get that error message when you unlock Bootloader so your phone seems not to be against unlocking Bootloader but against flashing modified files to the phone.
If you can get back into fastboot then simply flash back stock recovery.img else you'll need to reflash the firmware
If you had also flashed supersu or magisk in TWRP before booting then you'll need to flash stock boot.img also
This post was last modified: 14-04-2018, 11:36 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
charis232
charis232
charis232
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2018, 02:49 PM
(14-04-2018, 11:33 AM)hovatek

thank you very much for the answer, i can go into fastboot mode, how can i find recovery.img and it would be better to have the firmware for any eventuality.

Thanks in advance

Huawei Mediapad M3 8 LTE
HiSilicon Kirin 950

You typically get that error message when you unlock Bootloader so your phone seems not to be against unlocking Bootloader but against flashing modified files to the phone.
If you can get back into fastboot then simply flash back stock recovery.img else you'll need to reflash the firmware
If you had also flashed supersu or magisk in TWRP before booting then you'll need to flash stock boot.img also
thank you very much for the answer, i can go into fastboot mode, how can i find recovery.img and it would be better to have the firmware for any eventuality.
charis232
charis232
charis232
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2018, 02:53 PM

(14-04-2018, 02:49 PM)charis232
(14-04-2018, 11:33 AM)hovatek

Thanks in advance

Huawei Mediapad M3 8 LTE
HiSilicon Kirin 950

charis232
charis232
charis232
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2018, 02:55 PM
thank you very much for the answer, i can go into fastboot mode, how can i find recovery.img to flash
and it would be better to have the original firmware for any eventuality.I have the nougat 7.0 - 5.1

Thanks again
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-04-2018, 07:41 AM
(14-04-2018, 02:49 PM)charis232 thank you very much for the answer, i can go into fastboot mode, how can i find recovery.img and it would be better to have the firmware for any eventuality.

Yes, you'll need the firmware. Have you run a search for it?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.