Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Restore backup Gionee M2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Restore backup Gionee M2

[Please help] Restore backup Gionee M2

Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
02-04-2015, 06:22 PM

I made a backup with MTK droid tool v2.5.x and noticed there was a clockwork mod folder on my phone memory. I went further to upgrade my phone to KitKat using sp flash tool (I used firmware upgrade option... Not download and etc) there all went successful but now I lost all my files on the phone before the upgrade. Even the clockwork mod folder gone because my phone memory was also wiped! But the MTK droid tool back up ( plus the prepared flash files in the !files...folder) of the phone is still on the PC I used. I have CWM recovery v6 flashed to the phone during the firmware upgrade and it's working. Now I want to get my files back or downgrade to the former ROM version get my files properly backed up before upgrade. Is that possible?? How??

# The phone is Gionee M2 (8gb) nothing was wrong with it.. Just wanted an upgrade.

# During the firmware upgrade in Sp flash tool, all the boxes was checked.. From preloader to a file named PAT
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-04-2015, 07:51 PM
(02-04-2015, 06:22 PM)Emvino I made a backup with MTK droid tool v2.5.x and noticed there was a clockwork mod folder on my phone memory. I went further to upgrade my phone to KitKat using sp flash tool (I used firmware upgrade option... Not download and etc) there all went successful but now I lost all my files on the phone before the upgrade. Even the clockwork mod folder gone because my phone memory was also wiped! But the MTK droid tool back up ( plus the prepared flash files in the !files...folder) of the phone is still on the PC I used. I have CWM recovery v6 flashed to the phone during the firmware upgrade and it's working. Now I want to get my files back or downgrade to the former ROM version get my files properly backed up before upgrade. Is that possible?? How??

# The phone is Gionee M2 (8gb) nothing was wrong with it.. Just wanted an upgrade.

# During the firmware upgrade in Sp flash tool, all the boxes was checked.. From preloader to a file named PAT
if you upgraded without backing up first then your previous installation is gone for good. you'll need to get a 4.2 firmware if you wish to downgrade

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
02-04-2015, 08:10 PM
If possible I get the firmware, can I get my user, data & settings files back from the mtk tool backup file I created earlier?
(02-04-2015, 07:51 PM)hovatek
(02-04-2015, 06:22 PM)Emvino I made a backup with MTK droid tool v2.5.x and noticed there was a clockwork mod folder on my phone memory. I went further to upgrade my phone to KitKat using sp flash tool (I used firmware upgrade option... Not download and etc) there all went successful but now I lost all my files on the phone before the upgrade. Even the clockwork mod folder gone because my phone memory was also wiped! But the MTK droid tool back up ( plus the prepared flash files in the !files...folder) of the phone is still on the PC I used. I have CWM recovery v6 flashed to the phone during the firmware upgrade and it's working. Now I want to get my files back or downgrade to the former ROM version get my files properly backed up before upgrade. Is that possible?? How??

if you upgraded without backing up first then your previous installation is gone for good. you'll need to get a 4.2 firmware if you wish to downgrade
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-04-2015, 11:14 AM
(02-04-2015, 08:10 PM)Emvino If possible I get the firmware, can I get my user, data & settings files back from the mtk tool backup file I created earlier?

unless it contained a data.img, im afraid not. check your memory card if theres a clockworkmod foder. if there's one, tell me whats inside
This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 11:14 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
03-04-2015, 01:27 PM

(02-04-2015, 07:51 PM)hovatek

The folder was wiped during the upgrade. I'm left with the other backup on PC but Theres no data.img.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-04-2015, 03:03 PM
(03-04-2015, 01:27 PM)Emvino The folder was wiped during the upgrade. I'm left with the other backup on PC but Theres no data.img.

means userdata is gone

Note!
Emvino
Emvino
Emvino
04-04-2015, 03:07 AM
Thanks man. I like ur effort. I will move on.