Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] TWRP for AllDocube Iplay8 (U78)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] TWRP for AllDocube Iplay8 (U78)

[Please help] TWRP for AllDocube Iplay8 (U78)

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
12-07-2018, 12:01 PM

i don't have too much tine or knowledge, but i found another 2 problems using the russian boot image
- magisk is out of date and the magisk itself can't patch because the image is compressed and magisk can't handle this type of image.
- mounting points are not loading has supposed. the sdcard dosen't appeard in normal mode
the bug of suspend mod is annoying and the root itself is not 100% 

now i have umpacked both images and inspecting what is changed, and what i can correct. 
its a big challenge to root this tablet...
Thehobit
Thehobit
Thehobit
Enthusiastic Member
02-08-2018, 03:03 PM
(12-07-2018, 12:01 PM)masterbyte now i have umpacked both images and inspecting what is changed, and what i can correct. 
its a big challenge to root this tablet...

Appreciate to know if efforts are successful so far.
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
24-12-2018, 06:45 PM
i have almost giving up this f*cking tablet, but i give a last try and great news!
latest magisk manager can patch boot img correctly and now i have finaly working root on this tablet!!!!
Thehobit
Thehobit
Thehobit
Enthusiastic Member
24-12-2018, 07:26 PM
(24-12-2018, 06:45 PM)masterbyte i have almost giving up this f*cking tablet, but i give a last try and great news!
latest magisk manager can patch boot img correctly and now i have finally working root on this tablet!!!!

Great news, well done! 
Could you please put links to the files and instructions?
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
30-12-2018, 05:39 PM

is not that complicated do this.
you need to get the original boot img you can get on 4pda u78 thread. look for "U78E ODLF-FW-7.85-M80HR200-HB23J-013-A"
extract the zip and copy the boot.img to tablet. install latest magisk manager and patch the img.
and next flash the image using fastboot. obviously you need to have unlocked bootloader. Unlock the bootloader wipes everything so be careful!!!
4pda thread
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=825910
how to unlock blootloader
https://www.theandroidsoul.com/unlock-bo...t-android/
how to flash boot.img
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...?t=1752270
latest magisk manager
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/ma...s-t3473445

and now my wife can cheat in games using lucky patcher... Tongue
Thehobit
Thehobit
Thehobit
Enthusiastic Member
31-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Thanks a lot mate!
Is there any TWRP for this tablet?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
31-12-2018, 03:13 PM
(31-12-2018, 01:33 PM)Thehobit Thanks a lot mate!

Port using our tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
02-01-2019, 12:14 PM
(31-12-2018, 01:33 PM)Thehobit Thanks a lot mate!

i tried build, but it's very dificult for me because of the non standard resolution.
but patched bootloader for me vorks very well for rooting
cracktech
cracktech
cracktech
06-01-2019, 08:57 AM
This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 09:54 AM by cracktech. Edit Reason: Change user account
kakistocracy
kakistocracy
kakistocracy
06-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Try substituting the firmware using "TECLAST P89H (G3M2)" ROM. I have not heard anyone here complaining that  CUBE i8 cannot access 5Ghz WiFI channel and battery problems(battery drain even in OFF condition). The Teclast firmware works correctly on CUBE i8 with only one exception  the camera doesnt work (using different CMOS). But reading the Cube's camera specs, it is better than having to capture s!!&y pictures. Even a clone/imitation Samsung phones has better resolution than its 2Mp and it is without flash. I would rather choose 5Ghz WiFi performance an battery life over the camera.
Then you guys can try to use TECLAST rooting technique and TWRP methods and see whether you are in luck. Unlocking bootloader alone doesnt help. It is only the first process to cook an unlocked bootloader and copying the file and then if you have TWRP recovery you should reflash the tablet substituting the original "boot.img" with your unlocked bootloader "boot.img" and the stock recovery with TWRP recovery and reflash using "upgrade" that will get rid of the "orange state" warning "your device cant be trusted" message.
I wouldnt lose sleep getting Magik to work on Cube i8 tablet if you are worried about missing an update. Most MTK and worst off cheap brand even a Lenovo normally do not get any firmware updates (but Lenovo do list the upgrade path for each model e.g from KitKat to Lollipop and thats about it). Unles you have special need to use apps that are "rooted" sensitive. I wouldnt be bothered now with Magisk not working for most Nougat/Oreo Androids you only jeopardize your devices. I instead settle for SuperSU 2.82 sr1 for my HOMTOM HT70 Nougat (sr2/sr3/4/5 upgrade I will lose root) and damn with it since I know there isnt going to be an Oreo update for my HT70. Except for some banking/financial apps that refuse to run on my mobile the rest worked better being rooted. (I dont risk doing my financial transaction on my mobile rather would do it from my Win10 gadgets)

I am not a CUBE i8 owner yet, only intending to purchase it to be modified as my car DVR/GPS and HiFi/radio head unit, dont want to waste money if my modification goes south. I need a cheap tablet with OTG/GPS capability, my other phablet 7inch Lenovo Tab2 A7-30 is suspected of supporting OTG but I never can get it to work. So scrap that plan.
My strategy before buying any Android is to see whether it has TWRP recovery and root method or if in luck a modified rooted after specs. price, firmware availability, TWRP/Root before I even purchase. After the prices and secs Nearly all my Androids are MTK powered and I am quiet familiar with MTK modifications. I only need an OTG tablet with GPS since my DVR front and back camera are intelligent type with individual 32Gb sdcard storage.

TECLAST ROM : http://www.mediafire.com/file/3x8sydrltg...24_6.0.zip
This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 10:11 AM by kakistocracy.
Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next