Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows downloaded videos refusing to be deleted
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

downloaded videos refusing to be deleted

downloaded videos refusing to be deleted

Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
01-05-2018, 01:16 PM

I downloaded some videos on internet but when i open the folders they say empty despite showing 3.1 gig of size.  I noticed the files could have been secured with some instructions but on read me note there is only "download more." even if i download all of them folders can`t let me see the files. So now trying to delete them and am getting  this error. help me please to delete them
Attached Files
.png
error.png
Size: 19.74 KB / Downloads: 3
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
01-05-2018, 02:04 PM
(01-05-2018, 01:16 PM)Bernard Chongo I downloaded some videos on internet but when i open the folders they say empty despite showing 3.1 gig of size.  I noticed the files could have been secured with some instructions but on read me note there is only "download more." even if i download all of them folders can`t let me see the files. So now trying to delete them and am getting  this error. help me please to delete them

run disk check of the drive where the files is stored, then try to delete them afterwards
run cmd as admin then type disk check command
Code:

chkdsk /f /r C:

where "C:" is the drive letter where the files you want to delete are stored

note: disk check on the drive where windows is stored would most likely require a reboot
This post was last modified: 01-05-2018, 02:05 PM by freshtyt.
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
01-05-2018, 04:05 PM
(01-05-2018, 02:04 PM)freshtyt
(01-05-2018, 01:16 PM)Bernard Chongo I downloaded some videos on internet but when i open the folders they say empty despite showing 3.1 gig of size.  I noticed the files could have been secured with some instructions but on read me note there is only "download more." even if i download all of them folders can`t let me see the files. So now trying to delete them and am getting  this error. help me please to delete them

run disk check of the drive where the files is stored, then try to delete them afterwards
run cmd as admin then type disk check command
Code:

chkdsk /f /r C:

note: disk check on the drive where windows is stored would most likely require a reboot

tried it but no success.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
01-05-2018, 11:10 PM
(01-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Bernard Chongo tried it but no success.

search for and download permissions time machine, use the software to attempt restoring owners file permission to the folder then try deleting afterwards
Adonso
Adonso
Adonso
Respected Member
02-05-2018, 10:08 AM

(01-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Bernard Chongo [quote pid='135493' dateline='1525179858']
Code:

chkdsk /f /r C:

tried it but no success.
[/quote]

This might work chkdsk /f /r C: , where C is your drive letter.
You have to run it with admin privileges. Your computer will restart and check the disk(s) for any inconsistencies. After restarting successfully, restart Windows Explorer before you attempt to delete the file(s). see attached.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
.png
taskManager.png
Size: 72.89 KB / Downloads: 2
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
02-05-2018, 02:43 PM
[quote pid='135560' dateline='1525252128']
[quote pid='135504' dateline='1525187142']

tried it but no success.
[/quote]

This might work chkdsk /f /r C: , where C is your drive letter.
You have to run it with admin privileges. Your computer will restart and check the disk(s) for any inconsistencies. After restarting successfully, restart Windows Explorer before you attempt to delete the file(s). see attached.

Good Luck!
[/quote]
disk check and repair was successful but deleting is still not going through.thanks
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
02-05-2018, 02:45 PM
(01-05-2018, 11:10 PM)freshtyt
(01-05-2018, 04:05 PM)Bernard Chongo tried it but no success.

search for and download permissions time machine, use the software to attempt restoring owners file permission to the folder then try deleting afterwards

thanks will try that.