Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Creating a flashable twrp stock rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Creating a flashable twrp stock rom

[Please help] Creating a flashable twrp stock rom

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-05-2018, 10:25 AM

(14-05-2018, 06:41 PM)fred@mike What did you mean by dm-verity? In My phone setting/developer there is no oem unlock/lock option. I tried all methods which include fastboot oem unlock, fastboot oem unlock-go and fastboot flashing unlock all came out with an unknown command error. And fastboot does work on my device when i enter a code: fastboot getvar unlocked it shows bootloader lock

I need to clarify something.
1. Is the Android 7.0 firmware for your phone model? If Yes, what format is it (list the files contained in it or a screenshot)
2. What Android version is the phone currently running on (in its working state)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
fred@mike
fred@mike
fred@mike
18-05-2018, 05:45 AM
i'm detailing you. i bought my phone with android 6.0 stock in it. then i upgraded to 7.0 via ota. asus does provide a flashable 7.0 upgrade if we want to upgrade it manualy. i tried creating a flashable twrp stock rom using 7.0 files that asus have provided on its official websites i did manage to get out of start screen but got stock on bootloop here is the list of files( screen shot)
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (2).png
Size: 102.7 KB / Downloads: 3
fred@mike
fred@mike
fred@mike
18-05-2018, 05:53 AM
note that i use patch_boot.img to boot otherwise a stock boot.img give a stuck on start screen
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2018, 12:50 PM
(18-05-2018, 05:45 AM)fred@mike i'm detailing you. i bought my phone with android 6.0 stock in it. then i upgraded to 7.0 via ota. asus does provide a flashable 7.0 upgrade if we want to upgrade it manualy. i tried creating a flashable twrp stock rom using 7.0 files that asus have provided on its official websites i did manage to get out of start screen but got stock on bootloop here is the list of files( screen shot)

I see that the ota contains a preloader and LK which might have been patched during the Android 7 upgrade. Leaving these out could explain the boot issue.
Why don't you upgrade to Android 7 via the OTA then dump your full rom in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
You can then use the boot.bin and system.bin (after renaming) to create a flashable zip.
You then flash this zip while still on Android 7 to see if the phone boots up normally. This would give you a reference point and proof that the zip does work.
Now, if the goal is to flash the zip while in Android 6 (for testing sake) and thereby upgrade to Android 7, you can then begin to troubleshoot and boot loop by including the other files in your flashable zip

I however need to understand what you're really trying to achieve here.
Is it that you are stuck with a custom recovery and can therefore not install the OTA update (which requires a stock recovery) or you just want to (for Dev sake) create a TWRP flashable zip which those running on Android 6 (with custom recovery) can use to upgrade to Android 7
This post was last modified: 18-05-2018, 12:58 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
fred@mike
fred@mike
fred@mike
19-05-2018, 04:32 PM

I just want a flashable twrp stock rom either 7.0 or 6.0 so i can port but however my bootloader is still locked so i gues ill just have to wait for the unlock tool provided by asus
Pages (2): Previous 1 2