Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Phantom Z A7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Phantom Z A7

Bricked Phantom Z A7

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Enthusiastic Member
14-05-2018, 12:25 AM

Please i need help, i may have Bricked my Phantom Z, I Flashed a stock Rom i got online with SP Flash Tool, and was using the phone, then flashed a custom Rom Via CWM, Didn't like the Rom so i flashed back the Stock Rom, i did this multiple times for no explainable reason, i think one of those time i may have selected format all, and probably firmware upgrade, after then i was using the phone, for some hours then the phone went dead when i was playing a game (Subway Surfers), ever since then the phone will boot to the tecno logo sometimes, other time it may just stop at the enjoy smartlife now logo, then go dead, but if it is plugged into a usb dock on a pc, i might be able to use it for a while or for very long as it is variable. If i leave it in recovery mode it can stay a whole day, so i'm sure it is not the battery, but before it goes into recovery it displays a dead android with the open case and warning logo.
Ivanovish
Ivanovish
Ivanovish
14-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Had u backed up yo stock rom before installing the custom rom? If not had u noted down your build number? coz i will help u to get stock rom for your exact device here at hovatech
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
14-05-2018, 11:22 AM
I can bet he didn't take a nandroid backup before he messed with it,

(14-05-2018, 11:04 AM)Ivanovish Had u backed up yo stock rom before installing the custom rom? If not had u noted down your build number? coz i will help u to get stock rom for your exact device here at hovatech

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
Yoruba_bug
14-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Have you tried a factory reset by booting into recovery n pressing power button + Volume up button when u arrive at the dead android with an open case and a warning sign above it

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-05-2018, 11:59 AM

(14-05-2018, 12:25 AM)Geeky Bobby John Please i need help, i may have Bricked my Phantom Z, I Flashed a stock Rom i got online with SP Flash Tool, and was using the phone, then flashed a custom Rom Via CWM, Didn't like the Rom so i flashed back the Stock Rom, i did this multiple times for no explainable reason, i think one of those time i may have selected format all, and probably firmware upgrade, after then i was using the phone, for some hours then the phone went dead when i was playing a game (Subway Surfers), ever since then the phone will boot to the tecno logo sometimes, other time it may just stop at the enjoy smartlife now logo, then go dead, but if it is plugged into a usb dock on a pc, i might be able to use it for a while or for very long as it is variable. If i leave it in recovery mode it can stay a whole day, so i'm sure it is not the battery, but before it goes into recovery it displays a dead android with the open case and warning logo.

Boot into recovery mode using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-479.html then do a factory reset

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Enthusiastic Member
15-05-2018, 12:36 AM
(14-05-2018, 11:04 AM)Ivanovish Had u backed  up yo stock rom before installing the custom rom? If  not had u noted down your build number?  coz i will help u to get stock rom for your exact device here at hovatech

(14-05-2018, 11:24 AM)Yoruba_bug Have you tried a factory reset by booting into recovery n pressing power button + Volume up button when u arrive at the dead android with an open case and a warning sign above it

(14-05-2018, 11:59 AM)hovatek
(14-05-2018, 12:25 AM)Geeky Bobby John Please i need help, i may have Bricked my Phantom Z, I Flashed a stock Rom i got online with SP Flash Tool, and was using the phone, then flashed a custom Rom Via CWM, Didn't like the Rom so i flashed back the Stock Rom, i did this multiple times for no explainable reason, i think one of those time i may have selected format all, and probably firmware upgrade, after then i was using the phone, for some hours then the phone went dead when i was playing a game (Subway Surfers), ever since then the phone will boot to the tecno logo sometimes, other time it may just stop at the enjoy smartlife now logo, then go dead, but if it is plugged into a usb dock on a pc, i might be able to use it for a while or for very long as it is variable. If i leave it in recovery mode it can stay a whole day, so i'm sure it is not the battery, but before it goes into recovery it displays a dead android with the open case and warning logo.

Boot into recovery mode using then do a factory reset

I've done a factory reset several times, it didn't help, but i did not do a backup though. I did not note the Build number, but I have tried flashing with two  stock Rom builds i found here in hovatek, i downloaded the third one but could not flash it because the Rom seems to be corrupt.
The two i flashed did not save the situation either.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-05-2018, 03:27 PM
(15-05-2018, 12:36 AM)Geeky Bobby John I've done a factory reset several times, it didn't help, but i did not do a backup though. I did not note the Build number, but I have tried flashing with two  stock Rom builds i found here in hovatek, i downloaded the third one but could not flash it because the Rom seems to be corrupt.

in your initial post, you mentioned you flashed a stock rom and used the phone...
did that stock rom work properly on your device back then?
if yes, then have you tried flashing that same rom now?
This post was last modified: 15-05-2018, 03:34 PM by X3non.
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Enthusiastic Member
15-05-2018, 11:28 PM
I've tried all that, nothing seems to work, could it be a hardware failure, as the phone first crashed when i was playing a game...
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Geeky Bobby John
Enthusiastic Member
15-05-2018, 11:29 PM
(15-05-2018, 03:27 PM)X3non
(15-05-2018, 12:36 AM)Geeky Bobby John I've done a factory reset several times, it didn't help, but i did not do a backup though. I did not note the Build number, but I have tried flashing with two  stock Rom builds i found here in hovatek, i downloaded the third one but could not flash it because the Rom seems to be corrupt.

in your initial post, you mentioned you flashed a stock rom and used the phone...

I've tried all that, nothing seems to work, could it be a hardware failure, as the phone first crashed when i was playing a game...
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-05-2018, 08:46 AM

(15-05-2018, 11:29 PM)Geeky Bobby John
(15-05-2018, 03:27 PM)X3non

It might be a hardware fault.
You'll need to have the phone checked by a hardware expert.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next