Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How to root and unlock bootloader for Tecno Camon X
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to root and unlock bootloader for Tecno Camon X

[Please help] How to root and unlock bootloader for Tecno Camon X

Hasan Rajab
Hasan Rajab
Hasan Rajab
16-05-2018, 11:27 AM

Hi guys!
Newbie here, I need help as to my topic above. I'll be glad if anyone can assist. Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-05-2018, 05:17 PM
(16-05-2018, 11:27 AM)Hasan Rajab Hi guys!
Newbie here, I need help as to my topic above. I'll be glad if anyone can assist. Thanks

whats the chipset? (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13054.html )
whats the android version?
whats the build number? (goto settings > about phone > build number)
do you have the stock rom of the device?
Nicanor_Charles
Nicanor_Charles
Nicanor_Charles
13-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Please @TeamHovatek help with the rooting of Techno Camon X CA7
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-06-2018, 05:06 PM
(13-06-2018, 04:57 PM)Nicanor_Charles Please @TeamHovatek help with the rooting of Techno Camon X CA7

Please create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread. 
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create thread.
Nicanor_Charles
Nicanor_Charles
Nicanor_Charles
23-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Should we say the 'Almighty Hovatek' has failed to root Techno Camon X or just won't root it.
Several months after Techno Camon X, no root yet. The Magisk rooting bricked my Phone, had to take it Carlcare and paid money for change of pannel..

We are watching o...??
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2018, 09:54 AM
(23-07-2018, 07:58 PM)Nicanor_Charles Should we say the 'Almighty Hovatek' has failed to root Techno Camon X or just won't root it.
Several months after Techno Camon X, no root yet. The Magisk rooting bricked my Phone, had to take it Carlcare and paid money for change of pannel..

We are watching o...??

Only God is Almighty but we're flattered that you think that highly of us. As you can see, the OP didn't respond, others looking to root the Camon X haven't followed up either. We have already created a Magisk guide and TWRP porter which should aid any determined person to root but that's about how far we can go on our own (for your model) as we don't have a copy of the Camon X.
The days of us creating rooting guides & custom recoveries for each model are gone. There are now guides and tools to do that.
The best we can do is to follow up on difficult cases...if owners of such devices volunteer and are willing to risk bricking.

Lets take your case for example. You were asked to create a thread but none was created. You encountered trouble while trying to root but didn't reach out.
I'm not blaming you in any way but this is the typical approach of many people who are 'desperate to root'. Unless owners of a phone actually put in the needed effort, it just won't get done, period!

Why Carlcare has to 'change panel' for a soft brick is talk for another day...
This post was last modified: 24-07-2018, 10:12 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
southsider2009
southsider2009
13-09-2018, 12:57 AM
If anyone needs root access, kindly notify. I develop root for devices.

For Camon CM and X,

These devices are 8.1 and am yet to have one to play with.

Hopefully, I will make one available.

Points to note for anyone who needs these root.
1. Bootloader must be unlocked
2. You must know how to flash images via fastboot because these devices may not allow Download via spflashtool without signed firmware (secro.img)
getbusy119
getbusy119
getbusy119
Enthusiastic Member
22-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Help! I've been trying to root tecno ca6 with both spflash and fastboot but all to no avail.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-04-2019, 04:05 PM
(22-04-2019, 12:10 PM)getbusy119 Help! I've been trying to root tecno ca6 with both spflash and fastboot but all to no avail.

create a new thread for your device issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread