Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Root for Ukozi Q3
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Root for Ukozi Q3

[Please help] Root for Ukozi Q3

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
17-05-2018, 12:29 AM

Hello,

I am looking for help to get root access on my Ukozi Q3 MT6737 (Android 6. 0, kernel 3.18.19)

I have provided the stock rom on Needrom for download.

I have tried all root tools on this earth (on click root apps and desktop rooting applications) Unfortunately nothing could grant root access. I have also tried to port a custom recovery followed by several tutorials.

Maybe someone could help - I need root to uninstall some malicious system apps of this phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-05-2018, 01:18 PM
(17-05-2018, 12:29 AM)Caoimhín Batista Hello,

I am looking for help to get root access on my Ukozi Q3 MT6737 (Android 6. 0, kernel 3.18.19)

I have provided the stock rom on Needrom for download.

I have tried all root tools on this earth (on click root apps and desktop rooting applications) Unfortunately nothing could grant root access. I have also tried to port a custom recovery followed by several tutorials.

Maybe someone could help - I need root to uninstall some malicious system apps of this phone.

Have you tried Magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
17-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Haven't tried this yet - I will try and let you know if it works. Thanks

In my stock rom I have two images - boot.img and boot-verified.img same applies for recovery image.

Which one should I pick for the magisk tutorial?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-05-2018, 04:43 PM
(17-05-2018, 03:40 PM)Caoimhín Batista Haven't tried this yet - I will try and let you know if it works. Thanks

In my stock rom I have two images - boot.img and boot-verified.img same applies for recovery image.

Which one should I pick for the magisk tutorial?

they should both be the same thing but use boot.img
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
18-05-2018, 12:35 AM

Thank you very much -it worked just perfect. Smile
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
03-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Hello again Smile

seems I could root the device succefuly with magisk tutorial, I am now trying to get a custom recovery like TWRP. I have tried some porting tutorials and flashed the recovery.img via SP Flashtool. Ufortunatly it does not work.

How can I get a TWRP custom recovery for the phone? As mentioned above I got the stock with the boot.img and recovery.img

I am grateful for any support Smile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-06-2018, 12:36 PM
(03-06-2018, 10:29 PM)Caoimhín Batista Hello again Smile

seems I could root the device succefuly with magisk tutorial, I am now trying to get a custom recovery like TWRP. I have tried some porting tutorials and flashed the recovery.img via SP Flashtool. Ufortunatly it does not work.

How can I get a TWRP custom recovery for the phone? As mentioned above I got the stock with the boot.img and recovery.img

I am grateful for any support Smile

Use our TWRP porter @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
If you have any more questions / run into a problem then create a new thread for it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
07-06-2018, 01:16 AM
Hello,

I have tried these porters from you - but when I flash the img my phone just stucks on boot logo and then reboots. I have flashed the ported img via fastboot and via SP Flashtool. It seems it could not load recovery. Now it doesnt boot neither into stock revovery nor into the flashed custom recovery.

What could be the problem ? Thanks in advance.
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
07-06-2018, 07:17 AM
(07-06-2018, 01:16 AM)Caoimhín Batista Hello,

I have tried these porters from you - but when I flash the img my phone just stucks on boot logo and then reboots. I have flashed the ported img via fastboot and via SP Flashtool. It seems it could not load recovery. Now it doesnt boot neither into stock revovery nor into the flashed custom recovery.

Bro when porting recovery you most not let your recovery pass 14mb or it we show you black screen
see what you we do get any recovery from net that have same chipset and kernel with yours and use carliv image kitchen to unpack both recoveryStock or recoveryPort
now replace kernel only from recoverystock to recoveryport
and repack
and flash to your device
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-06-2018, 01:58 PM

(07-06-2018, 01:16 AM)Caoimhín Batista Hello,

Please create a new thread as @Hovatek suggested to avoid mixup.
This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 01:59 PM by xerxes.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next