Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno c9 plus dead
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno c9 plus dead

[Please help] Tecno c9 plus dead

systemboi
systemboi
systemboi
17-05-2018, 06:48 PM

My tecno c9 plus is completely dead, not charging,doesn't switch on nor does it indicate anything but it is always detected in my laptop device manager whenever I connected it, I've try to flash it with so flash tool but it says storage doesn't match, I try to format it using miracle box but always detect it and indicate the CPU model but stopped immediately and says boot error....please is there anyway out?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-05-2018, 07:35 PM
(17-05-2018, 06:48 PM)systemboi My tecno c9 plus is completely dead, not charging,doesn't switch on nor does it indicate anything but it is always detected in my laptop device manager whenever I connected it, I've try to flash it with so flash tool but it says storage doesn't match,  I try to format it using miracle box but always detect it and indicate the CPU model but stopped immediately and says boot error....please is there anyway out?

before you proceed with flashing or formatting, tell us how exactly did the phone go totally dead?
and do you remember the build number of your device?
systemboi
systemboi
systemboi
17-05-2018, 08:29 PM
(17-05-2018, 07:35 PM)X3non
(17-05-2018, 06:48 PM)systemboi My tecno c9 plus is completely dead, not charging,doesn't switch on nor does it indicate anything but it is always detected in my laptop device manager whenever I connected it, I've try to flash it with so flash tool but it says storage doesn't match,  I try to format it using miracle box but always detect it and indicate the CPU model but stopped immediately and says boot error....please is there anyway out?

before you proceed with flashing or formatting, tell us how exactly did the phone go totally dead?
and do you remember the build number of your device?

I was just using it while charging it so the light was taken and I continue using it until the battery is completely low, when the light is back and I tried to charge, that was when I discovered its not charging and doesn't indicate any sign, I don't remember the build number
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2018, 11:05 AM
(17-05-2018, 08:29 PM)systemboi I was just using it while charging it so the light was taken and I continue using it until the battery is completely low, when the light is back and I tried to charge, that was when I discovered its not charging and doesn't indicate any sign,  I don't remember the build number

Do not attempt to flash.
The battery might be totally drained so that needs to be looked into first. Hold the Power button while connected to power or have the battery taken out then re-inserted.
Even if you need to flash, you first need to find out the phone's current Build Number using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html as this would tell you which firmware to flash

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
systemboi
systemboi
systemboi
18-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Thanks so much for your support, I've unscrewed it and remove the battery then re insert it, still the same thing, I use the battery to power another c9 and it work so that give me assurance that the problem is not really with the battery, I've also tried to use all the guide in the link to get the build number but the ain't working because the phone won't boot at all into recovery and I used miracle box to read info, it stopped and say boot data error
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2018, 05:55 PM
(18-05-2018, 01:48 PM)systemboi Thanks so much for your support, I've unscrewed it and remove the battery then re insert it, still the same thing,  I use the battery to power another c9 and it work so that give me assurance that the problem is not really with the battery, I've also tried to use all the guide in the link to get the build number but the ain't working because the phone won't boot at all into recovery and I used miracle box to read info, it stopped and say boot data error

if you have access to a hardware box / dongle then you can use that to readinfo from the device and get the build number
if you don't have one then try dumping the firmware in scatter file format using either miracle box method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html or wwr_tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
if successful using any of the two methods, you'll be able to extract the build number from system.img