Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Trojan in my stock rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Trojan in my stock rom

Trojan in my stock rom

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-06-2018, 09:23 AM

(24-06-2018, 04:39 AM)caoimhinbatista Hi,

I have tried again replacing my libandroid_runtime.so with another (from stock rom of bluboo edge) and it worked.

I just took the file and replaced it via root explorer. I was wondering if it could work since the Bluboo Edge has almost same specs as my device. After replacing the file phone rebooted quick from itself. Then I scanned the device with Dr. Web and no warnings anymore. I also put my original stock libandroid_runtime.so in my external sd card to check and Dr. web identified the trojan immediately.
So now it seems I am running a clean libandroid_runtime.so in my system/lib folder...

Could this really have solved the problem? Almost unbelivable since all triada231 related content in internet are telling that you need a new android image... Smile

Taking a step back, all the suggestions for you to get a new system image weren't exactly wrong because the libandroid_runtime.so is contained in system and how else do you get it if you don't get a system image?
Getting the file from a very similar phone's system image was also another good choice you made since Mediatek devices are
commonly clones of each other (just different brand & model name) / share very similar software & hardware but that would require trial and error. You're lucky to have made an educated guess.
Do zip and attach the libandroid_runtime.so file so others with your model can use it to get rid of the triada231 virus
This post was last modified: 25-06-2018, 09:29 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
26-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Hello,

Thanks for replying, I will do that.
I just noticed that now the phone is charging very very slow.. could this be due to the replaced libandroid_runtime file?

Is there any fix for that?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-06-2018, 10:05 AM
(26-06-2018, 07:13 PM)caoimhinbatista Hello,

Thanks for replying, I will do that.
I just noticed that now the phone is charging very very slow.. could this be due to the replaced libandroid_runtime file?

Is there any fix for that?

I can't say for sure
You could try charging while the phone is off to see if charging rate is still slow

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
30-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Charging while it is off seems faster, it was also fast when turned on. Just after replacing libandroid_runtime.so it became very slow.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-06-2018, 05:46 PM

(30-06-2018, 03:21 PM)caoimhinbatista Charging while it is off seems faster, it was also fast when turned on. Just after replacing libandroid_runtime.so it became very slow.

what about the charging time when you replace the libandroid_runtime.so with the original infected file?
hope you using the same power supply and charger for the test? [AC powered charger only OR power bank only]
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
25-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Just in case someone is looking for this sh** phone in future and need the stock rom, here is the link to the stock rom with the replaced libandroid_runtime.so file: 
Ukozi Q3 Firmware
This rom is now clean and free from trojan triada231 as well as from other adware /malware.
This post was last modified: 25-08-2018, 06:35 PM by caoimhinbatista.
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
caoimhinbatista
25-08-2018, 05:37 PM
(30-06-2018, 05:46 PM)X3non
(30-06-2018, 03:21 PM)caoimhinbatista Charging while it is off seems faster, it was also fast when turned on. Just after replacing libandroid_runtime.so it became very slow.

what about the charging time when you replace the libandroid_runtime.so with the original infected file?
hope you using the same power supply and charger for the test? [AC powered charger only OR power bank only]

------------------

Same problem, maybe it is the battery which is of bad quality. Smile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-08-2018, 10:19 AM
(25-08-2018, 05:35 PM)caoimhinbatista Just in case someone is looking for this sh** phone in future and need the stock rom, here is the link to the stock rom with the replaced libandroid_runtime.so file: 
Ukozi Q3 Firmware
This rom is now clean and free from trojan triada231 as well as from other adware /malware.

thanks for sharing

Note!
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3