Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android x551 rebooting
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

x551 rebooting

x551 rebooting

jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
13-06-2018, 03:24 AM

Hello team hovatek, i decided to create a new thread on this issue. My x551 reboots on its on while making calls or if the phone is held with much preasure but if it is kept in one place it works fine. My guess is a part is grounding but i am wondering how that is even possible since it is screewed in place. Kindly help with possibilities to look at thanks in advnce.
juvette
juvette
juvette
13-06-2018, 08:43 AM
(13-06-2018, 03:24 AM)jdfm Hello team hovatek, i decided to create a new thread on this issue. My x551 reboots on its on while making calls or if the phone is held with much preasure but if it is kept in one place it works fine. My guess is a part is grounding but i am wondering how that is even possible since it is screewed in place. Kindly help with possibilities to look at thanks in advnce.

Pressure to what part of the phone triggers a reboot?
At what point of the phone call does the phone reboot? When you put to your ear, when the screen dims, at the end of the call.....?
jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
13-06-2018, 04:23 PM
(13-06-2018, 08:43 AM)juvette
(13-06-2018, 03:24 AM)jdfm Hello team hovatek, i decided to create a new thread on this issue. My x551 reboots on its on while making calls or if the phone is held with much preasure but if it is kept in one place it works fine. My guess is a part is grounding but i am wondering how that is even possible since it is screewed in place. Kindly help with possibilities to look at thanks in advnce.

Pressure to what part of the phone triggers a reboot?
At what point of the phone call does the phone reboot? When you put to your ear, when the screen dims, at the end of the call.....?

Cant really say what part triggers a reboot but it will usually reboot when the screen goes off and i also noticed when it heat up as well, it sometimes goes off.
juvette
juvette
juvette
15-06-2018, 08:26 AM
(13-06-2018, 04:23 PM)jdfm Cant really say what part triggers a reboot but it will usually reboot when the screen goes off and i also noticed when it heat up as well, it sometimes goes off.

Based on your description, its still a bit difficult to pinpoint. check the RAM and power-related components for a start

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
18-06-2018, 08:47 PM

(15-06-2018, 08:26 AM)juvette
(13-06-2018, 04:23 PM)jdfm Cant really say what part triggers a reboot but it will usually reboot when the screen goes off and i also noticed when it heat up as well, it sometimes goes off.

Based on your description, its still a bit difficult to pinpoint. check the RAM and power-related components for a start

kindly shed more light as to checking the above mentioned components...thanks
juvette
juvette
juvette
19-06-2018, 01:36 PM
(18-06-2018, 08:47 PM)jdfm kindly shed more light as to checking the above mentioned components...thanks

The phone going off during calls could point at a number of things like kernel (software) sensor, battery, speaker /mic....
The phone going off when being moved around but stable when left alone points at a possibly loose component (maybe power). So its difficult to say really till you take a look at the hardware components and hope you spot something off

jdfm
jdfm
jdfm
20-06-2018, 01:12 PM
Now speaking of something off firstly the p sensor isnt working Seconly i got the phone from a friend cos it was bricked and fixed it via your forum. I opened it one time and found a wire solderd from a terminal called vbus dont know where it goes... Hope this helps
juvette
juvette
juvette
21-06-2018, 10:36 AM
(20-06-2018, 01:12 PM)jdfm Now speaking of something off firstly the p sensor isnt working Seconly i got the phone from a friend cos it was bricked and fixed it via your forum. I opened it one time and found a wire solderd from a terminal called vbus  dont know where it goes... Hope this helps

What you can do is try observe the phone tripping off during use or while moving it till you can spot a specific pattern so well that you can intentionally trigger the phone to go off. That would help narrow down the faulty component(s)