Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Miracle Box not working with phone.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Miracle Box not working with phone.

Miracle Box not working with phone.

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 57 Next
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
20-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Hi guys... so I got myself a Camon X CA7 just yesterday. I want to root it through a custom recovery. So I download both the Philz and TWRP recovery porter. I try to backup with Miracle Box Version 2.25.
I played it safe (considering this phone has a nonremovable battery) by just 'reading info' because if it fails to backup and just hangs in that 'download mode', I wouldn't be able to do a battery pull. 😬 But anytime I connect the phone after clicking the 'start's button my phone boots up instead without touching anything.
Any advice, team?

Sent from my TECNO CA7 using Tapatalk
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-06-2018, 01:37 PM
(20-06-2018, 12:16 PM)Benzalf Hi guys... so I got myself a Camon X CA7 just yesterday. I want to root it through a custom recovery.  So I download both the Philz and TWRP recovery porter. I try to backup with Miracle Box Version 2.25.
I played it safe (considering this phone has a nonremovable battery) by just 'reading info' because if it fails to backup and just hangs in that 'download mode', I wouldn't be able to do a battery pull. ?  But anytime I connect the phone after clicking the 'start's button my phone boots up instead without touching anything.
Any advice, team?

you can root using magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
what's the phone's build no?
do you have a miracle box/dongle?
This post was last modified: 20-06-2018, 01:40 PM by xerxes.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
20-06-2018, 02:08 PM
(20-06-2018, 01:37 PM)innagee you can root using magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
Build number is CA7-H633BCDK-O-18-05-21V177.

My problem is not about rooting the device. I always make a backup before touching my devices. But here's the case that my device rather boots up after connecting the USB cable when I try to backup. I've tried with another phone (Tecno M3) and it connects fine. Using Miracle loader 2.27A.
Has anyone faced a similar issue, guys?
Thanks.

This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 12:06 AM by Benzalf.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-06-2018, 02:47 PM
(20-06-2018, 02:08 PM)Benzalf
(20-06-2018, 01:37 PM)innagee
(20-06-2018, 12:16 PM)Benzalf Hi guys... so I got myself a Camon X CA7 just yesterday. I want to root it through a custom recovery.  So I download both the Philz and TWRP recovery porter. I try to backup with Miracle Box Version 2.25.
I played it safe (considering this phone has a nonremovable battery) by just 'reading info' because if it fails to backup and just hangs in that 'download mode', I wouldn't be able to do a battery pull. ?  But anytime I connect the phone after clicking the 'start's button my phone boots up instead without touching anything.
Any advice, team?

you can root using magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
Build number is CA7-H633BCDK-O-18-05-21V177.

My problem is not about rooting the device. I always make a backup before touching my devices. But here's the case that my device rather boots up after connecting the USB cable when I try to backup. I've tried with another phone (Tecno M3) and it connects fine. Using Miracle loader 2.27A.
Has anyone faced a similar issue,  guys?
Thanks.

Retry connecting the phone to miracle while holding vol down, up or both vol keys, if the problem persist then try wwr_tool method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
20-06-2018, 03:37 PM

(20-06-2018, 02:47 PM)innagee Retry connecting the phone to miracle while holding vol down, up or both vol keys, if the problem persist then try wwr_tool method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html

I connected holding both volume buttons and later just the volume up button. It didn't get detected and it didn't boot either. It hung with a blue notification light until I disconnected it. But the phone is alright though. [emoji51] I just don't want the issue of having to detach the battery from the motherboard. My phone is just 24 hrs old. [emoji23]

This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 12:13 AM by Benzalf.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-06-2018, 04:01 PM
(20-06-2018, 03:37 PM)Benzalf I connected holding both volume buttons and later just the volume up button. It didn't get detected and it didn't boot either. It hung with a blue notification light until I disconnected it. But the phone is alright though. [emoji51] I just don't want the issue of having to detach the battery from the motherboard. My phone is just 24 hrs old.  [emoji23]

this phone model and its chipset type [mt6763] is relatively new, there's no way miracle box v2.27 will be able to detect it
either you try wwr_mtk tool as innagee's suggested OR you use a hardware box / dongle that supports that chipset type
also you could check if your phone's build matches the firmware build at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-06-2018, 10:08 AM
(20-06-2018, 12:16 PM)Benzalf Hi guys... so I got myself a Camon X CA7 just yesterday. I want to root it through a custom recovery. So I download both the Philz and TWRP recovery porter. I try to backup with Miracle Box Version 2.25.
I played it safe (considering this phone has a nonremovable battery) by just 'reading info' because if it fails to backup and just hangs in that 'download mode', I wouldn't be able to do a battery pull. ? But anytime I connect the phone after clicking the 'start's button my phone boots up instead without touching anything.
Any advice, team?

The Miracle Box loader version won't work on this device as @x3non said.
You would need a box or you use Wwr_mtk. You might need to use a custom Download Agent (DA) for the backup and its listed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23177.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
22-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Alright... so I downloaded the custom Download Agent and flashed a ported recovery using the latest TWRP recovery porter v1.1 with SP flash tool.
It doesn't work with any of the Android versions so I'll try using Magisk.
I don't know but I always feel safer rooting through a custom recovery.
Hope one gets to drop. Cheers!
This post was last modified: 22-06-2018, 10:30 PM by Benzalf.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
22-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Update: the patched boot image via fastboot made my device bootloop. Flashed the stock boot.img provided and now no recovery mode but able to enter bootloader.
Downloading stock whole stock ROM to flash.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
23-06-2018, 05:54 AM

I just flashed the stock ROM (download only).
It still won't get past the 'Tecno' screen.
Is it a good idea to try 'Format all + Download'?!
Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 57 Next