Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Revive a moto e4 XT1769 from hardbrick/deadboot
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Revive a moto e4 XT1769 from hardbrick/deadboot

Revive a moto e4 XT1769 from hardbrick/deadboot

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
23-06-2018, 04:07 AM

Any chance that anyone knows how to revive a hardbricked/deadboit motion e4 (XT1769) 

Processor 
MT6737 

Nearly all partitions have been wiped.

Was in the process of wiping ang reinstalling when I thought I was a step ahead and rebooted which has resulted in a dead phone,

Any ideas? Happy to do the leg work, just need to know where to look
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
23-06-2018, 01:19 PM
(23-06-2018, 04:07 AM)McTRASH692 Any chance that anyone knows how to revive a hardbricked/deadboit motion e4 (XT1769) 

Processor 
MT6737 

Was in the process of wiping ang reinstalling when I thought I was a step ahead and rebooted which has resulted in a dead phone,

How did you wipe all the partition? 
Did you take not of the phone's build no. before wiping the phone? 
Can you get access to a working device of the same model?
This post was last modified: 25-06-2018, 02:01 PM by xerxes.
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
25-06-2018, 03:56 AM
(23-06-2018, 01:19 PM)innagee
(23-06-2018, 04:07 AM)McTRASH692 Any chance that anyone knows how to revive a hardbricked/deadboit motion e4 (XT1769) 

Processor 
MT6737 

How did you wiped all the partition? 
Did you take not of the phone's build no. before wiping the phone? 
Can you get access to a working device of the same model?
Through fastboot,

"fastboot erase boot 

fastboot erase efuse 
fastboot erase expdb 
fastboot erase flashinfo 
fastboot erase frp 
fastboot erase hw 
fastboot erase keystore 
fastboot erase lk 
fastboot erase logo 
fastboot erase metadata 
fastboot erase nvdata 
fastboot erase nvram 
fastboot erase oem 
fastboot erase oemkeystore 
fastboot erase otp 
fastboot erase para 
fastboot erase persist 
fastboot erase proinfo 
fastboot erase protect1 
fastboot erase protect2 
fastboot erase recovery 
fastboot erase seccfg 
fastboot erase secro 
fastboot erase tee1 
fastboot erase tee2 
fastboot erase utags 
fastboot erase system 
fastboot erase userdata"

then for some reason (lack of sleep, impatience) I thought I was a step ahed and had just flashed everything back so I 

"Fastboot Reboot"

Needless to say, didn't end well.

Can't recall build no. would there be a physical (written) copy on the phone or packaging?

Not without buying another one which isn't a valid option at the moment,
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
25-06-2018, 04:15 AM
Sp flash tools is giving me Error 8417 load scatter file is invalid with attached scatter file ( stock for my phone)
I have researched and everything states to remove everything in front of ######### but there is nothing to delete,

This scatter file worked one evening when I had to give up due to lack of sleep, then next morning didn't work at all,  

Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Files
.png
Scatter File fail in sp flash tools.PNG
Size: 8.19 KB / Downloads: 5
.txt
MT6737M_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 11.92 KB / Downloads: 5
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
25-06-2018, 05:06 AM

I'VE DONE IT!!!!! MY PHONE LIVES!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
02-07-2018, 11:13 AM
I have revived dead phone however I am now having some other issues,

Serial Number no longer matches the original, I have only just discovered this one and haven't done much research into it,

Baseband unknown/null imei I have done heaps of research into as well as trying to fix in several different manners,
I have tried: SN Writer, Meta Maui, Tool Hero, MTK Droid Tools, SN Write Tool, with the tools saying success but no results on device,
I have also tried deleting the nvram folder in hopes that the device would recognise the fact that there is hardware it has no info for and attempt to fix the issue,
I am at a loss as to what to do next,

Any help would be appreciated,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-07-2018, 12:03 PM
(02-07-2018, 11:13 AM)McTRASH692 I have revived dead phone however I am now having some other issues,

Serial Number no longer matches the original, I have only just discovered this one and haven't done much research into it,

Baseband unknown/null imei I have done heaps of research into as well as trying to fix in several different manners,
I have tried: SN Writer, Meta Maui, Tool Hero, MTK Droid Tools, SN Write Tool, with the tools saying success but no results on device,
I have also tried deleting the nvram folder in hopes that the device would recognise the fact that there is hardware it has no info for and attempt to fix the issue,

For the Unknown baseband, try doing a factory reset. If that doesn't help then you'll need to reflash secro.img (from your current or other roms). Only when you regain baseband can you begin to try fixing IMEI
This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 12:03 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
02-07-2018, 01:12 PM
(02-07-2018, 12:03 PM)hovatek
(02-07-2018, 11:13 AM)McTRASH692 I have revived dead phone however I am now having some other issues,

For the Unknown baseband, try doing a factory reset. If that doesn't help then you'll need to reflash secro.img (from your current or other roms). Only when you regain baseband can you begin to try fixing IMEI
I have flashed factory firmware several times in the process of attempting to fix this,
Would you recommend flashing the secro image by itself then see if it works?
Never had anything other than factory on this device,

Edit: Sorry I meant I've never had anything other than stock rom on it, it was originally rooted using on phh's superuser and after I unbricked it it was rooted using magisk,
This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM by McTRASH692.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
02-07-2018, 03:53 PM
(02-07-2018, 01:12 PM)McTRASH692

I have flashed factory firmware several times in the process of attempting to fix this,

Edit: Sorry I meant I've never had anything other than stock rom on it, it was originally rooted using on phh's superuser and after I unbricked it it was rooted using magisk,

have you tried factory reset after flashing the stock ROM?
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
McTRASH692
Enthusiastic Member
03-07-2018, 03:40 AM

(02-07-2018, 03:53 PM)innagee
(02-07-2018, 01:12 PM)McTRASH692

have you tried factory reset after flashing the stock ROM?

Actually I haven't, Could that really make a difference?
I thought the flash would have put to factory settings?

Edit: I just tried factory reset with no luck,
This post was last modified: 03-07-2018, 03:49 AM by McTRASH692.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next