Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android In need of TWRP for infinix Note 4 X572
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

In need of TWRP for infinix Note 4 X572

In need of TWRP for infinix Note 4 X572

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-08-2018, 08:18 PM

If you get encrypted data issues (like 0MB or passworded TWRP) despite removing security lock then your device might have forced encryption turned on.
There are a number of options you could consider to disable forced encryption; like a no-verity-opt-encrypt .zip in TWRP or a Magisk tweak
This post was last modified: 24-08-2018, 08:19 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
25-08-2018, 07:40 AM
(24-08-2018, 04:03 PM)innagee under Mounts and Storage Menu you'll see format /data and /data/media (/sdcard).

No, I don't see format /data/media(/sdcard) feature under mount menu. As a matter of fact, I only see the partitions which you want to mount and nothing else. Even there is only one option under the mount menu and that is to select or tick.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
25-08-2018, 07:52 AM
(24-08-2018, 08:18 PM)hovatek If you get encrypted data issues (like 0MB or passworded TWRP) despite removing security lock then your device might have forced encryption turned on.
There are a number of options you could consider to disable forced encryption; like a no-verity-opt-encrypt .zip in TWRP or a Magisk tweak

Okay please. How am I to take that forced encryption away permanently?? Am I to install no verity-opt-encrypt.zip?? The phone is already rooted and just as you know,  twrp is already installed
 How can I take that forced encryption away??
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
francisdrake005
Techie Member
25-08-2018, 06:39 PM
(24-08-2018, 05:59 AM)generation07
(06-08-2018, 10:27 AM)hovatek
That would be to not use pattern / PIN / Fingerprint etc

I think I have to stay away from this thread side you are giving solution at this thread: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-232...#pid145062 but anyway: I deliberately removed any protection like pin or pattern and Co, but it still showed data as encrypted.

I think, TWRP normally asks you to decrypt data for you to do anything substantial in its environment. This is normally caused by encrypting your device(device encryption). Actually, the only way to remove encryption from a device is through factory reseting your device. Since you've confirmed that you can no longer reboot into TWRP, I recommend you completely remove encryption from your device then flash the TWRP img to bring back the recovery environment that seems that you've so lost. Now, remember that protecting your phone with password, PIN or pattern is different from encrypting your device though they use the same device protection mechanism chosen, except fingerprint authentication.

Sent from my TECNO K7 using Hovatek Mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-08-2018, 09:53 PM

(25-08-2018, 07:52 AM)generation07 Okay please. How am I to take that forced encryption away permanently?? Am I to install no verity-opt-encrypt.zip?? The phone is already rooted and just as you know,  twrp is already installed
 How can I take that forced encryption away??

That's just another line i've been researching. Lets put that aside for now.
Try this TWRP @ https://mega.nz/#!YWwxEYZK!6GrssvbZ5ZElU...BBfA5Xp25I

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
26-08-2018, 11:23 PM
(25-08-2018, 09:53 PM)hovatek That's just another line i've been researching. Lets put that aside for now.
Try this TWRP @ https://mega.nz/#!YWwxEYZK!6GrssvbZ5ZElU...BBfA5Xp25I

Thanks once again.  With this one,  the password thing is removed just as the one you sent via this https://www.hovatek.com/redirectcode.php...T25LS0FrSQ but the the difference is,  unlike the one at https://www.hovatek.com/redirectcode.php...T25LS0FrSQ , this one you just sent completely showed no partition under backup menu while the previous one showed the partitions except that /data partition showed 0MB. This one did not show any partition.  I mean nothing,  only the option to rename the backup automatically. I tried to see of I can install something from the phone storage via install menu but the phone storage showed 0MB. 

Again,  when I tried to reboot into system in the twrp menu,  it informed me that OS is not installed when as a matter of fact,  OS was installed.
This post was last modified: 26-08-2018, 11:31 PM by generation07.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
27-08-2018, 01:35 PM
(25-08-2018, 06:39 PM)francisdrake005 I think, TWRP normally asks you to decrypt data for you to do anything substantial in its environment. This is normally caused by encrypting your device(device encryption). Actually, the only way to remove encryption from a device is through factory reseting your device. Since you've confirmed that you can no longer reboot into TWRP, I recommend you completely remove encryption from your device then flash the TWRP img to bring back the recovery environment that seems that you've so lost. Now, remember that protecting your phone with password, PIN or pattern is different from encrypting your device though they use the same device protection mechanism chosen, except fingerprint authentication.

Sent from my TECNO K7 using Hovatek Mobile

No, I do have twrp already installed and booting into recovery is perfect too. The only problem is the fact that, /data partition shows 0MB which indicates encryption of the data. This makes the internal storage always showing 0MB whenever I want to use it in the twrp environ.

I have formatted and factory resetted via twrp on consecutive times but when I boot again into recovery, it still shows internal storage and /data partition as 0MB.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-08-2018, 01:38 PM
(26-08-2018, 11:23 PM)generation07 Thanks once again.  With this one,  the password thing is removed just as the one you sent via this https://www.hovatek.com/redirectcode.php...T25LS0FrSQ but the the difference is,  unlike the one at https://www.hovatek.com/redirectcode.php...T25LS0FrSQ , this one you just sent completely showed no partition under backup menu while the previous one showed the partitions except that /data partition showed 0MB. This one did not show any partition.  I mean nothing,  only the option to rename the backup automatically. I tried to see of I can install something from the phone storage via install menu but the phone storage showed 0MB. 

Again,  when I tried to reboot into system in the twrp menu,  it informed me that OS is not installed when as a matter of fact,  OS was installed.

I know why that happened and just wanted to test something out.
Guess you'll have to avoid encrypting data in any way. Stick to the TWRP ported by our tool (select 8.1g)
This post was last modified: 27-08-2018, 01:39 PM by hovatek.

Note!
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
27-08-2018, 03:46 PM
(27-08-2018, 01:38 PM)hovatek I know why that happened and just wanted to test something out.
Guess you'll have to avoid encrypting data in any way. Stick to the TWRP ported by our tool (select 8.1g)

No please, the truth is, with the twrp ported by the tool: it was really not desired because it always showed password request before it enters into the twrp menu anytime I wanted to boot into recovery. Again, internal storage always showed 0MB.

With the one you sent before the current one, i was not able to backup the /data partition and the internal storage too was showed 0MB but then, the request for password was not shown and does not show so I prefer that one best: despite the fact that I cannot backup the /data partition.

In all, if there is a way to decrypt it so I will be able to backup /data and use the internal storage in recovery: I will be happy but till then, I will use the one you sent with the name, ( Hovatek twrp for oreo (encryption fix) . If there is a way out to that '/data: 0MB thing, please help.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
27-08-2018, 04:36 PM

(27-08-2018, 01:35 PM)generation07 No, I do have twrp already installed and booting into recovery is perfect too. The only problem is the fact that, /data partition shows 0MB which indicates encryption of the data. This makes the internal storage always showing 0MB whenever I want to use it in the twrp environ.

I have formatted and factory resetted via twrp on consecutive times but when I boot again into recovery, it still shows internal storage and /data partition as 0MB.

use SD card instead of internal SD, either that or you keep formatting {backup your data first though}
This post was last modified: 27-08-2018, 04:44 PM by freshtyt.
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next