Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android In need of TWRP for infinix Note 4 X572
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

In need of TWRP for infinix Note 4 X572

In need of TWRP for infinix Note 4 X572

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
27-08-2018, 05:42 PM

(27-08-2018, 04:36 PM)freshtyt use SD card instead of internal SD, either that or you keep formatting {backup your data first though}
Yes,  that is what I have been using.  When I tried to root the phone,  I moved the Su zip to the external before I could install.  

The truth is,  with the data encrypted and the internal storage showing 0MB, using the twrp functionality tends to be limited.  

Like,  clearing cache does not work,  clearing dalvik does not work,  backing /data does not work.  I can only install, factory reset and with install: I even have to select external.  If this encryption can be taken away,  it would have been easier.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
27-08-2018, 07:27 PM
(27-08-2018, 05:42 PM)generation07 Yes,  that is what I have been using.  When I tried to root the phone,  I moved the Su zip to the external before I could install.  
The truth is,  with the data encrypted and the internal storage showing 0MB, using the twrp functionality tends to be limited.  
Like,  clearing cache does not work,  clearing dalvik does not work,  backing /data does not work.  I can only install, factory reset and with install: I even have to select external.  If this encryption can be taken away,  it would have been easier.

dont forget twrp wasn't built rather was ported so don't expect that everything will work out fine out of the blues
plus you still have alternatives, you can wipe cache using stock recovery and dump full firmware using miracle box or wwr whichever one works for you {inlcuding data if you feel like}
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
27-08-2018, 09:58 PM
(27-08-2018, 07:27 PM)freshtyt dont forget twrp wasn't built rather was ported so don't expect that everything will work out fine out of the blues
plus you still have alternatives, you can wipe cache using stock recovery and dump full firmware using miracle box or wwr whichever one works for you {inlcuding data if you feel like}
Yes I know. This is not the first time I have been using twrp. If for Nothing at all, it must be able to do the basic thing it was ported for. Like backup. In my case no. As i said, I have been using twrp quite for sometime and not on this phone but see, it was smooth: no miscrevances. This is not the case because my phone is supposedly seen to be encrypted. If not cos of the encryption, everything would have worked perfect without a problem. That is why I want to take away that encryption: at least if I can use twrp

Truthfully, I appreciate your help. I have used miracle box and wwr tool and I do have a backup of the phone on my PC. The thing is I want a backup that will stay on the phone such that I can restore without the aid of a pc
This post was last modified: 27-08-2018, 10:09 PM by generation07.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-08-2018, 06:11 PM
(27-08-2018, 09:58 PM)generation07 Yes I know.  This is not the first time I have been using twrp. If for Nothing at all,  it must be able to do the basic thing it was ported for.  Like backup.  In my case no. As i said,  I have been using twrp quite for sometime and not on this phone but see,  it was smooth: no miscrevances.  This is not the case because my phone is supposedly seen to be encrypted.  If not cos of the encryption,  everything would have worked perfect without  a problem.  That is why I want to take away that encryption: at least if I can use twrp

Truthfully,  I appreciate your help.  I have used miracle box and wwr tool and I do have a backup of the phone on my PC.  The thing is I want a backup that will stay on the phone such that I can restore without the aid of a pc

aah well, maybe you can try downgrading back to nougat, you might have better luck with decryption on nougat twrp than on oreo if what you really want is backup on phone pending when there is permanent fix for encryption on oreo
This post was last modified: 28-08-2018, 06:28 PM by freshtyt.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-08-2018, 07:38 AM

(27-08-2018, 09:58 PM)generation07 Yes I know. This is not the first time I have been using twrp. If for Nothing at all, it must be able to do the basic thing it was ported for. Like backup. In my case no. As i said, I have been using twrp quite for sometime and not on this phone but see, it was smooth: no miscrevances. This is not the case because my phone is supposedly seen to be encrypted. If not cos of the encryption, everything would have worked perfect without a problem. That is why I want to take away that encryption: at least if I can use twrp

Truthfully, I appreciate your help. I have used miracle box and wwr tool and I do have a backup of the phone on my PC. The thing is I want a backup that will stay on the phone such that I can restore without the aid of a pc

Others who'd ported TWRP to their X572 Oreo (using our tool) didn't encounter the password issue so your own /data being encrypted is one problem. Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangout so we tweak the TWRP further for your situation

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
09-09-2018, 04:59 PM
(30-08-2018, 07:38 AM)hovatek Others who'd ported TWRP to their X572 Oreo (using our tool) didn't encounter the password issue so your own /data being encrypted is one problem. Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangout so we tweak the TWRP further for your situation

Thanks very much for your help.  I very much appreciate it.  My email is jesuslovem07@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2018, 10:11 AM
(09-09-2018, 04:59 PM)generation07 Thanks very much for your help.  I very much appreciate it.  My email is jesuslovem07@gmail.com

Invite sent

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6