Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Root Gione X1S
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Root Gione X1S

[Please help] Root Gione X1S

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
26-06-2018, 12:14 AM

Good day.
Please i need a working method for rooting my gionee X1S. The ones i have tried aint working. Please Help.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-06-2018, 02:51 PM
(26-06-2018, 12:14 AM)xsantos Good day.
Please i need a working method for rooting my gionee X1S. The ones i have tried aint working. Please Help.

Root using magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
26-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Okay i have seen the tutorial.
But i want to do a stock backup of my firmware, i need a working procedure to make use of.
The phone model is gionee x1s and it is running on android 7.0
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-06-2018, 06:03 PM
(26-06-2018, 04:28 PM)xsantos Okay i have seen the tutorial.
But i want to do a stock backup of my firmware, i need a working procedure to make use of.
The phone model is gionee x1s and it is running on android 7.0

dump firmware using wwr_mtk at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
29-06-2018, 04:16 PM

thanks much.. I have successfully rooted it.
But i want to install xposed modules in it and i need custom recovery.
i have tried using your twrp and philz touch porter to port for myself, it ported successfully and i flashed it but it didnt work.
I dont know if there is any other method that'd work. Please assist me.
I have the full firmware backup of my device which i backed up using the link you gave me above.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-06-2018, 05:38 PM
(29-06-2018, 04:16 PM)xsantos thanks much.. I have successfully rooted it.
i have tried using your twrp and philz touch porter to port for myself, it ported successfully and i flashed it but it didnt work.
I have the full firmware backup of my device which i backed up using the link you gave me above.

try v1.2 of the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html , if the problem persist then create a new thread for the custom recovery issue to avoid mixup.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-06-2018, 12:15 PM
(29-06-2018, 04:16 PM)xsantos thanks much.. I have successfully rooted it.

Use version 1.2 of our TWRP porter and pay attention at the end of porting (the 30 seconds countdown). If the tool finds DM_Verity in your phone then that could be the problem
This post was last modified: 30-06-2018, 12:16 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
04-07-2018, 03:12 AM
I have successfully installed the twrp on my phone and it works fine. But I have an issue with my root access. My phone can't seem to have any root access after I had already rooted it with magisk and once used root checker to confirm it. Now there's no root access again and the magisk app won't open. It just shows the logo and after sometime it'll show app is not responding. And I suspect I am not able to access my root permissions because the app can't open.
Please i really need this root, is there any other way I can root the phone?
Ps.. I already have twrp installed I don't know if it'll be possible to just flash a super su zip file from my twrp. If possible, please give me a link to a stable super su so I can flash it with the twrp and gain proper root access. Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-07-2018, 12:09 PM
(04-07-2018, 03:12 AM)xsantos I have successfully installed the twrp on my phone and it works fine. But I have an issue with my root access. My phone can't seem to have any root access after I had already rooted it with magisk and once used root checker to confirm it. Now there's no root access again and the magisk app won't open. It just shows the logo and after sometime it'll show app is not responding. And I suspect I am not able to access my root permissions because the app can't open.
Please i really need this root, is there any other way I can root the phone?
Ps.. I already have twrp installed I don't know if it'll be possible to just flash a super su zip file from my twrp. If possible, please give me a link to a stable super su so I can flash it with the twrp and gain proper root access. Thanks.

Please, create a new thread for this to avoid a mixup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
04-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Okay thanks i will do that right away.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next