Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Root Infinix Hot 4 using magisk method
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Root Infinix Hot 4 using magisk method

Root Infinix Hot 4 using magisk method

MatrixM
MatrixM
MatrixM
Enthusiastic Member
27-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:root using magisk method at https ://forum .hovatek .com/thread-21427.html
Hi
I've an Infinix Hot 4
build X557-H807AD-M-170524V251
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Is there any difference between using boot.img and boot-verified.img? (obtained from romkingz .net/2016/09/download-infinix-hot-4-x557-stock-rom. html )

When I move the patched img to my PC, I'm guessing move it to the folder with the stock rom/firmware, renaming it to boot.img/boot-verified.img (replacing the old one) and then flash the scatter file?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-06-2018, 06:28 PM
(27-06-2018, 05:39 PM)MatrixM
Quote:root using magisk method at https ://forum .hovatek .com/thread-21427.html
Hi
I've an Infinix Hot 4
build X557-H807AD-M-170524V251
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Is there any difference between using boot.img and boot-verified.img? (obtained from romkingz .net/2016/09/download-infinix-hot-4-x557-stock-rom. html )

When I move the patched img to my PC, I'm guessing move it to the folder with the stock rom/firmware, renaming it to boot.img/boot-verified.img (replacing the old one) and then flash the scatter file?

you can use any of the two but make sure to use the boot.img of your own build.
while flashing untick everything leave only boot.img(patched).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-06-2018, 11:00 AM
(27-06-2018, 05:39 PM)MatrixM When I move the patched img to my PC, I'm guessing move it to the folder with the stock rom/firmware, renaming it to boot.img/boot-verified.img (replacing the old one) and then flash the scatter file?

No need for that.
just create a new folder and copy scatter file and boot.img (patched) into it. you load scatter file from this folder; only boot will be ticked

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
MatrixM
MatrixM
MatrixM
Enthusiastic Member
05-07-2018, 06:58 PM
So I tried with the boot-verified.img file in the firmware file I linked to before (copied it and the scatter file to a separate folder and flashed it). Then I ran Root Check Basic app (app icon has a # with a green tick superimposed on it) and it said unable to verify root. When I ran another app, system app remover, to try and remove bloatware it said my phone wasn't rooted.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-07-2018, 10:01 AM

(05-07-2018, 06:58 PM)MatrixM So I tried with the boot-verified.img file in the firmware file I linked to before (copied it and the scatter file to a separate folder and flashed it). Then I ran Root Check Basic app (app icon has a # with a green tick superimposed on it) and it said unable to verify root. When I ran another app, system app remover, to try and remove bloatware it said my phone wasn't rooted.

After flashing the Magisk patched_boot, did you reboot? If not, do.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
MatrixM
MatrixM
MatrixM
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2018, 09:33 AM
(06-07-2018, 10:01 AM)hovatek
(05-07-2018, 06:58 PM)MatrixM So I tried with the boot-verified.img file in the firmware file I linked to before (copied it and the scatter file to a separate folder and flashed it). Then I ran Root Check Basic app (app icon has a # with a green tick superimposed on it) and it said unable to verify root. When I ran another app, system app remover, to try and remove bloatware it said my phone wasn't rooted.

After flashing the Magisk patched_boot, did you reboot? If not, do.

My phone was off during the flashing. Do you mean for me to have flashed TWRP and flash the boot.img simultaneously, then load TWRP and reboot?
Or should I have my phone on during the flashing in TWRP already...?
Ras
Ras
Ras
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Use boot.img and not boot-varified.img. Look for the boot.img file.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Hovatek Mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-07-2018, 11:36 AM
(15-07-2018, 09:33 AM)MatrixM My phone was off during the flashing. Do you mean for me to have flashed TWRP and flash the boot.img simultaneously, then load TWRP and reboot?
Or should I have my phone on during the flashing in TWRP already...?

The Magisk method doesn't require a custom recovery. Just flash the patched boot, boot up, reboot then check for root

Note!