Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Copy Firmware to bricked phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Copy Firmware to bricked phone

[Please help] Copy Firmware to bricked phone

GSZ
GSZ
GSZ
Techie Member
06-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Huh
Hello I have a working Lumigon T3 with Android 6 Marshmellow and a bricked one that is in bootloop.
I have used SP Tool and WwR to get the img. files, and when flashing the system file I got the error 'Invalid sparse file format at header magi'
So I use the SparseConverter and now I get error 'fastboot failed (remote unknown chunk type)'

Can anybody help me to get the bricked one working again?

Kind regards,

Guido
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
06-07-2018, 04:10 PM
(06-07-2018, 12:44 PM)GSZ Huh
Hello I have a working Lumigon T3 with Android 6 Marshmellow and a bricked one that is in bootloop.
I have used SP Tool and WwR to get the img. files, and when flashing the system file I got the error 'Invalid sparse file format at header magi'
So I use the SparseConverter and now I get error 'fastboot failed (remote unknown chunk type)'

Kind regards,

Guido

what's the phone's chipset? 
have you tried the backup and restore using miracle box?
GSZ
GSZ
GSZ
Techie Member
06-07-2018, 11:26 PM
(06-07-2018, 04:10 PM)innagee

Kind regards,

Guido

what's the phone's chipset? 
have you tried the backup and restore using miracle box?

The chipset is MT6795, I didn't try the miraclebox, never heard of it so I have the used the working phone to get the img. files
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2018, 10:22 AM

Kind regards,

Guido

Since you backed up with sp flash tool, why not flash using sp flash tool instead of fastboot?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
GSZ
GSZ
GSZ
Techie Member
07-07-2018, 11:16 AM

(07-07-2018, 10:22 AM)hovatek

Kind regards,

Guido

Since you backed up with sp flash tool, why not flash using sp flash tool instead of fastboot?
Thanks for the tip, does the phone be turned on in fastboot? Or what?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-07-2018, 02:06 PM
(07-07-2018, 11:16 AM)GSZ

Kind regards,

Guido

have you tried using sp flash tool to flash the firmware? see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 02:06 PM by xerxes.
GSZ
GSZ
GSZ
Techie Member
08-07-2018, 12:20 PM
(07-07-2018, 02:06 PM)innagee
(07-07-2018, 11:16 AM)GSZ

Kind regards,

Guido

have you tried using sp flash tool to flash the firmware? see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

I used Miracle Box and it WORKED!!! Perfect, now I have also a Sony Z2 tablet to fix, lets try.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-07-2018, 02:38 PM
(08-07-2018, 12:20 PM)GSZ
I used Miracle Box and it WORKED!!! Perfect, now I have also a Sony Z2 tablet to fix, lets try.

Create a new thread for that so we focus on it.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile