Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Dead/brick tecno P5
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Dead/brick tecno P5

[Please help] Dead/brick tecno P5

Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Enthusiastic Member
11-07-2018, 09:17 AM

good morning , plz am a newbie in this forum, av read alot from this forum to revive this device buh it wasn't successful... firstly, the phone went off for few weeks back and whenever I tried to power it, it vibrate only without any screen light or logo at d screen...though av tried all possible best through what I acquired from this forum to bring it bk 2 life buh unsuccessful.
I have downloaded the spf tool v5.1820 along with stock rom firmwire and variant MTK Rom from various site, av installed window 10 MTK vcom USB preloder successfully (though the phone is seen under device manager {port} as USB (com port12) and make sound whenever I pressed volume down key wit power for easy detection and it load red bar below the spf interface. my problem is that whenwver I launch the spf and load my scatter files what I got is ERROR:S_FT _ENABLE_ DRAM_FAILED (4032)
my build no is (P5-G255-D-20140327.
pls I need ur response on this asap thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-07-2018, 10:42 AM
(11-07-2018, 09:17 AM)Tunnex1 good morning , plz am a newbie in this forum, av read alot from this forum to revive this device buh it wasn't successful... firstly, the phone went off for few weeks back and whenever I tried to power it, it vibrate only without any screen light or logo at d screen...though av tried all possible best through what I acquired from this forum to bring it bk 2 life buh unsuccessful.
I have downloaded the spf tool v5.1820 along with stock rom firmwire and variant MTK Rom from various site, av installed window 10 MTK vcom USB preloder successfully (though the phone is seen under device manager {port} as USB (com port12) and make sound whenever I pressed volume down key wit power for easy detection and it load red bar below the spf interface. my problem is that whenwver I launch the spf and load my scatter files what I got is ERROR:S_FT _ENABLE_ DRAM_FAILED (4032)
my build no is (P5-G255-D-20140327.
pls I need ur response on this asap thanks

1, If you hold volume down button when connecting to PC for flashing then you'll very likely get error 4032. You ideally shouldn't be holding any button
2. How did you arrive at this build number P5-G255-D-20140327 ? Did you take note of it before the phone got bricked or what?
3. Tecno P5 had old and new variant, which at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html have you downloaded?
4. Try flashing again (without holding any button) and attach a full screenshot of any error you get

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Enthusiastic Member
11-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Thanks for ur response,
1.have noted ur first point buh when I check my port under device manager what I saw is USB com port12 (does it supposed to be so) cause I manually signed pre-loader vcom in window 10 ....
2.secondly, I saved that build no b4 the phone totally went dead
3.sincerely, av not truly ascertain if it is old or new, though av downloaded 2 old roms (stock & MTK rom) to flash buh it went unsuccessful wit the error I stated above before I got to know how to different in btw them. I also downloaded the new rom wit build no that has "D" since my build no has dat letter. though the phone start booting wit shining white colour logo of tecno before it turns blue
4. I will do that n feed u bk, thanks greatly.
Boss, I want you to clarify me how the port will appear i.e
either USB com 12 or MTK port and I want u to tell me if my device is old or new version.... Once again thank God bless you.....
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-07-2018, 06:07 PM
(11-07-2018, 01:57 PM)Tunnex1 Thanks for ur response,  
1.have noted ur first point buh when I check my port under device manager what I saw is USB com port12 (does it supposed to be so)  cause I manually signed pre-loader vcom in window 10 ....
2.secondly,  I saved that build no b4 the phone totally went dead
3.sincerely,  av not truly ascertain if it is old or new,  though av downloaded 2 old roms (stock & MTK rom) to flash buh it went unsuccessful wit the error I stated above before I got to know how to different in btw them. I also downloaded the new rom wit build no that has "D" since my build no has dat letter. though the phone start booting wit shining white colour logo of tecno before it turns blue
4. I will do that n feed u bk, thanks greatly.
Boss,  I want you to clarify me how the port will appear i.e
either USB com 12 or MTK port and I want u to tell me if my device is old or new version.... Once again thank God bless you.....

it could appear as "preloader usb vcom port" or "MTK usb port" and port number could vary
also, you alone will be able to tell if your device is old or new p5 i.e if you still remember the color of the first tecno logo that shows up when you power on the device [this is before the phone went dead]
if its blue then its old
if its white then its new

referring to your number 3, there is only only one rom for old and 3 new roms for new in our list. you might want to try the new roms first if you can't tell if yours is old or new
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Enthusiastic Member
12-07-2018, 07:06 AM

It seems I now realize where the problem lies, in my device manager under port what I found is universal serial bus (com 12) even in the spf tool interface shows that too instead of preloader usb vcom port or MTK port and have manually signed MTK preloader vcom driver to my window 10 64bit more than 3 times and i followed the due process buh I don't know why it is still appearing as USB port instead of MTK port.... even usbdeview do not have any port with preloader when I run a check at the port in my system....please any way out, cuz flashing Is still saying DRAM FAILED (4032)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-07-2018, 10:20 AM
(12-07-2018, 07:06 AM)Tunnex1 It seems I now realize where the problem lies, in my device manager under port what I found is universal serial bus (com 12) even in the spf tool interface shows that too instead of preloader usb vcom port or MTK port and have manually signed MTK preloader vcom driver to my window 10 64bit more than 3 times and i followed the due process buh I don't know why it is still appearing as USB port instead of MTK port.... even usbdeview do not have any port with preloader when I run a check at the port in my system....please any way out, cuz flashing Is still saying DRAM FAILED (4032)

Attach a screenshot of what device manager detects it as whenever you connect

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Enthusiastic Member
12-07-2018, 12:26 PM
this is the screen shot of my device manager, it detect it as USB serial device
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Tunnex1
Enthusiastic Member
12-07-2018, 12:41 PM
screenshot of device manager
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180712-123501.png
Size: 537.93 KB / Downloads: 2
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-07-2018, 04:27 PM
(12-07-2018, 12:41 PM)Tunnex1 screenshot of device manager

the screenshot you've attached doesn't show the phone connected.
Connect the phone then capture device manager and attached the screenshot.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-07-2018, 10:43 AM

(12-07-2018, 12:26 PM)Tunnex1 this is the screen shot of my device manager, it detect it as USB serial device

If USB Serial Device is what it gets detected as then update that entry using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!