Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK 6753 (not 65xx) GPS problem - huge drop in no. of satellites in navi apps -
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] MTK 6753 (not 65xx) GPS problem - huge drop in no. of satellites in navi apps -

[Please help] MTK 6753 (not 65xx) GPS problem - huge drop in no. of satellites in navi apps -

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
rauliordache
rauliordache
rauliordache
12-08-2018, 08:04 PM

(12-08-2018, 06:59 PM)Arani44 Google maps/waze and mainly all GPS need Google Play Services to get localisation

Yep, I know. I've tried to use Google Play Services too (with High Accuraccy), which sometimes add more errors to my location (not everytime 3G+4G+WiFi is "good". They can "help" you delaying your position. I know this from other phones/tablets.

But, the problem occurs in every situation: G.P.Services on + High Accuracy, G.P.Services disabled + Device Only. No matter of combination. And as you can see, the signal is stable outside of any GPS app .... which sounds crazy.

By the way, on any phones I owned, Google Maps and Waze ran very good without Play Services, using the "raw" GPS. And I've explained above why I used this.

Now, G.P.Services is enabled and I have problems in those apps.... I really think it's a firmware problem, but I ask for you advice.
This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 08:08 PM by rauliordache.
rauliordache
rauliordache
rauliordache
15-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Any ideas?

The problem is among all MTK 67xx chipsets, I can see on some forums, threads about Ulefone, OnePlus and other phones/tabs on SoC MTK 67xx.
Arani44
Arani44
Arani44
Enthusiastic Member
15-08-2018, 04:01 PM
No idea bro, i have mt6737m but work fine. Try to flash stock ROM if not yet factory reset
rauliordache
rauliordache
rauliordache
15-08-2018, 04:51 PM
I have tried... Stock rom 5.1 , and also 6, 7....

Can you make a video please with the following steps?
- install Gps Locker, and get a lock. Wait for 14-15+ satellites in use. Put it in background
- Open Google Maps/Waze, and immediately (next miliseconds) slide down the notification area (which will show the Gps Locker status no. Of sats).

Thank you very much. Don't get me wrong, I trust you, but I want to see several behaviors among Mtk67xx to show to MTK team.
This post was last modified: 15-08-2018, 04:53 PM by rauliordache.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2