Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How Do I Patch Boot.IMG When DM_Verity Found Using Auto TWRP Recovery Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How Do I Patch Boot.IMG When DM_Verity Found Using Auto TWRP Recovery Tool

[Please help] How Do I Patch Boot.IMG When DM_Verity Found Using Auto TWRP Recovery Tool

Ras
Ras
Ras
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2018, 06:28 AM

Am infinix Note 4(X572) user and I have updated my Android version to 8.1 Oreo XOS V142
I decided to port Custom recovery so I dowloaded Hovatek Auto TWRP Recovery Tool. I ported my stock recovery following the guide but after flashing the Ported Recovery by Auto TWRP Tool, I was booted back to stock recovery when I tried severally to boot to the newly flashed Custom recovery.
I thought I didn't port the recovery well so I decided to Port it again then I saw "DM_Verity found you'll need to patch boot.img"
Again, I flashed the ported recovery after seeing that messege on auto Twrp recovery tool and was again taken back to stock recovery.

After all my effort not producing any result, I decided to Root my device without any Custom Recovery. I download MagiskManager and successfully patched my boot.img. I flashed the patched boot.img and now my Note 4 is Rooted successfully.
But I hate to Root my phone without having Custom Recovery installed because I love flashing stuffs, then I flashed the Ported stock recovery again and again taken back to Stock Recovery even having my boot.img patched and phone Rooted!

Please I Need Help!
Ras
Ras
Ras
Enthusiastic Member
15-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Hovatek Team pls I need help.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Hovatek Mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-07-2018, 12:01 PM
(15-07-2018, 06:28 AM)Ras Am infinix Note 4(X572) user and I have updated my Android version to 8.1 Oreo XOS V142
I decided to port Custom recovery so I dowloaded Hovatek Auto TWRP Recovery Tool. I ported my stock recovery following the guide but after flashing the Ported Recovery by Auto TWRP Tool, I was booted back to stock recovery when I tried severally to boot to the newly flashed Custom recovery.
I thought I didn't port the recovery well so I decided to Port it again then I saw "DM_Verity found you'll need to patch boot.img"
Again, I flashed the ported recovery after seeing that messege on auto Twrp recovery tool and was again taken back to stock recovery.

After all my effort not producing any result, I decided to Root my device without any Custom Recovery. I download MagiskManager and successfully patched my boot.img. I flashed the patched boot.img and now my Note 4 is Rooted successfully.
But I hate to Root my phone without having Custom Recovery installed because I love flashing stuffs, then I flashed the Ported stock recovery again and again taken back to Stock Recovery even having my boot.img patched and phone Rooted!

Please I Need Help!

When our TWRP porter finds DM verity, you are indeed supposed to patch boot either by using Magisk (as you've done) or upload for us to manually patch.
If your phone keeps showing stock recovery after flashing custom recovery then its one of two things:
1. The Ported TWRP isn't working (try selecting 8.1g )
2. The stock recovery.img you're using to port TWRP was obtained from a firmware whose build number is lower than your present build number (ensure to extract recovery.img from your device)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ras
Ras
Ras
Enthusiastic Member
19-07-2018, 06:28 AM
I did as you suggested in your first point. Now Twrp is flashed successfully but am facing issues with my internal memory not mounting in Twrp, Decrypt Data, Enter password.

I created backup and then wiped my data and format internal memory to remove Decrypt Data and Enter password issues but it seems anytime I boot back into Twrp, the same decrypt data and enter password issues that I solved pops back.

I can't be wiping my data every time, please is there a permanent Fix for that??

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-07-2018, 11:11 AM

(19-07-2018, 06:28 AM)Ras I did as you suggested in your first point. Now Twrp is flashed successfully but am facing issues with my internal memory not mounting in Twrp, Decrypt Data, Enter password.

I created backup and then wiped my data and format internal memory to remove Decrypt Data and Enter password issues but it seems anytime I boot back into Twrp, the same decrypt data and enter password issues that I solved pops back.

I can't be wiping my data every time, please is there a permanent Fix for that??

Do you have any security set on your phone (pattern, PIN etc)?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ras
Ras
Ras
Enthusiastic Member
19-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Yes but after I wiped the internal storage, I didn't set any security password or PIN nor pattern on the phone.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-07-2018, 09:54 AM
(19-07-2018, 05:12 PM)Ras Yes but after I wiped the internal storage, I didn't set any security password or PIN nor pattern on the phone.

Try this TWRP @ https://mega.nz/#!lSZxzYCR!WkFlcUPcbm12J...yp1OnKKAkI

Note!
Ras
Ras
Ras
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2018, 07:34 PM
OK I will flash this and get you the feedback

Alvin50
Alvin50
Alvin50
Enthusiastic Member
04-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Hi, I hope it isn't too late for this thread...
I have the same problem. I'm trying to have a TRWP recovery for an already rooted and upgraded Wiko Sunny (kernel 3.18.19, Marshmallow 6.0 [46]). Presently I have a CRW recovery that works well. I want this upgrade for I have heard it's used in installing Lineage OS, that I like to do.
Well, in porting TRWP I'm using Mediatek Auto TWRP Recovery Porter V1.4 with stock recovery.img picked from the official Wiko Sunny upgrade V46.zip. , the same I just used for plain rebuilding of the phone before rebuilding recovery with CRW 6.0.5.1. When I run Mediatek Auto TRWP Recovery Porter, I have a repacked recovery.img, but also the message "DM verify found, please patch your boot.img". So I'm wandering if I have to take care of this message or ignore it, as my installed boot.img is already patched using Magisk v.18.1.zip.
Shall I give a try to this recovery.img and flash it with flashtools, using the same scatter file that came with the update, or extract the recovery.img installed on the phone and then use this last for TRWP porting?
Though I have some programming skill, I'm quite new to Android and its magics, I'm now learning by doing, please forgive and correct me if I have any wrong concept.
Best regards.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-04-2019, 09:03 AM

(04-04-2019, 07:34 PM)Alvin50 Hi, I hope it isn't too late for this thread...
I have the same problem. I'm trying to have a TRWP recovery for an already rooted and upgraded Wiko Sunny (kernel 3.18.19, Marshmallow 6.0 [46]). Presently I have a CRW recovery that works well. I want this upgrade for I have heard it's used in installing Lineage OS, that I like to do.
Well, in porting TRWP I'm using Mediatek Auto TWRP Recovery Porter V1.4 with stock recovery.img picked from the official Wiko Sunny upgrade V46.zip. , the same I just used for plain rebuilding of the phone before rebuilding recovery with CRW 6.0.5.1. When I run Mediatek Auto TRWP Recovery Porter, I have a repacked recovery.img, but also the message "DM verify found, please patch your boot.img". So I'm wandering if I have to take care of this message or ignore it, as my installed boot.img is already patched using Magisk v.18.1.zip.
Shall I give a try to this recovery.img and flash it with flashtools, using the same scatter file that came with the update, or extract the recovery.img installed on the phone and then use this last for TRWP porting?
Though I have some programming skill, I'm quite new to Android and its magics, I'm now learning by doing, please forgive and correct me if I have any wrong concept.
Best regards.

if you've already rooted using magisk then there's no need to patch boot again, magisk has taken care of it & yes, you can flash using sp flash tool
if you still have any other problems after this, then create a new thread for your device issue as this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread