Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Galaxy S8 plus Duos EFS Invalid
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Galaxy S8 plus Duos EFS Invalid

Galaxy S8 plus Duos EFS Invalid

spanish2
spanish2
spanish2
Enthusiastic Member
17-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Hi, my phone just boots to the recovery screen with the message E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) about ten times on the recovery screen. when i reboot, it just sticks on the glowing samsung logo... what happened is that i had a custom rom installed....stupidly installed another custom rom without wiping system. upon boot it wasn't working.. the lockscreen was black. i decided to wipe the system after where i booted fine after but no imei. I proceeded to format data via twrp..big mistake... didn't fix the imei number... i said ok well i will load a stock firmware and see what happens...unfortunately i loaded cref bootloader version 2. it booted fine... still imei unknown... i decided to use odin to wipe the phone by phone efs clear and repartition. BIG MISTAKE number 2... immediately upon boot the phone went to recovery with the error message about /efs invalid. i tried putting back twrp but its giving me only official binaries are allowed to be flashed at this time. RMM State is PreNormal. I cannot boot to the system to wait for seven days( i already tried with the phone on the recovery screen for 8 days straight...still prenormal).... i had some success booting a 7.0 level 2 combination file..but it too was stuck on the spinning gears. the problem is the rmm state prenormal....how can i get away from this if the phone cannot boot?? I have a full partition backup of my efs cpefs radio in .tar.gz, .tar and .img. with the 7.0 level 2 combination file i can flash files via sd card but it must be verifiable. is there anyway i can make a twrp that would be verifiable?? if i put the phone in download mode and wait the seven days would that work??? thank you for taking the time out to read this lenghty post.. and would appreciate the easiest and cheapest (lol) way to fix this problem...?? is there a super secret way to bypass prenormal?? a local phone shop told me that but it's a secret. ( i believe he was talking about the combination file..lol)[/font][/size][/color]ent to recovery with the error message about /efs invalid. i tried putting back twrp but its giving me only official binaries are allowed to be flashed at this time. RMM State is PreNormal. I cannot boot to the system to wait for seven days( i already tried with the phone on the recovery screen for 8 days straight...still prenormal).... i had some success booting a 7.0 level 2 combination file..but it too was stuck on the spinning gears. the problem is the rmm state prenormal....how can i get away from this if the phone cannot boot?? I have a full partition backup of my efs cpefs radio in .tar.gz, .tar and .img. with the 7.0 level 2 combination file i can flash files via sd card but it must be verifiable. is there anyway i can make a twrp that would be verifiable?? if i put the phone in download mode and wait the seven days would that work??? thank you for taking the time out to read this lenghty post.. and would appreciate the easiest and cheapest (lol) way to fix this problem...?? is there a super secret way to bypass prenormal?? a local phone shop told me that but it's a secret. ( i believe he was talking about the combination file..lol
This post was last modified: 17-07-2018, 11:37 PM by spanish2.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20180614_200544.jpg
Size: 87.67 KB / Downloads: 6
.jpg
IMG_20180614_200740.jpg
Size: 51.36 KB / Downloads: 6
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
18-07-2018, 05:07 PM
(17-07-2018, 11:03 PM)spanish2 Hi, my phone just boots to the recovery screen with the message E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) about ten times on the recovery screen. when i reboot, it just sticks on the glowing samsung logo... what happened is that i had a custom rom installed....stupidly installed another custom rom without wiping system. upon boot it wasn't working.. the lockscreen was black. i decided to wipe the system after where i booted fine after but no imei. I proceeded to format data via twrp..big mistake... didn't fix the imei number... i said ok well i will load a stock firmware and see what happens...unfortunately i loaded cref bootloader version 2. it booted fine... still imei unknown... i decided to use odin to wipe the phone by phone efs clear and repartition. BIG MISTAKE number 2... immediately upon boot the phone went to recovery with the error message about /efs invalid. i tried putting back twrp but its giving me only official binaries are allowed to be flashed at this time. RMM State is PreNormal. I cannot boot to the system to wait for seven days( i already tried with the phone on the recovery screen for 8 days straight...still prenormal).... i had some success booting a 7.0 level 2 combination file..but it too was stuck on the spinning gears. the problem is the rmm state prenormal....how can i get away from this if the phone cannot boot?? I have a full partition backup of my efs cpefs radio in .tar.gz, .tar and .img. with the 7.0 level 2 combination file i can flash files via sd card but it must be verifiable. is there anyway i can make a twrp that would be verifiable?? if i put the phone in download mode and wait the seven days would that work??? thank you for taking the time out to read this lenghty post.. and would appreciate the easiest and cheapest (lol) way to fix this problem...?? is there a super secret way to bypass prenormal?? a local phone shop told me that but it's a secret. ( i believe he was talking about the combination file..lol)[/font][/size][/color]...

did you try flashing a normal android 7 firmware? {try flashing fw as far back as apr 2017}
download and flash for your model at https://updato.com/firmware-archive-sele...%29&rpp=50
lets know if you're able to boot to homescreen and if you still get RMM in odin mode
This post was last modified: 18-07-2018, 05:13 PM by freshtyt.
spanish2
spanish2
spanish2
Enthusiastic Member
20-07-2018, 03:18 AM
(18-07-2018, 05:07 PM)freshtyt
(17-07-2018, 11:03 PM)spanish2 Hi, my phone just boots to the recovery screen with the message E:failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) about ten times on the recovery screen. when i reboot, it just sticks on the glowing samsung logo... what happened is that i had a custom rom installed....stupidly installed another custom rom without wiping system. upon boot it wasn't working.. the lockscreen was black. i decided to wipe the system after where i booted fine after but no imei. I proceeded to format data via twrp..big mistake... didn't fix the imei number... i said ok well i will load a stock firmware and see what happens...unfortunately i loaded cref bootloader version 2. it booted fine... still imei unknown... i decided to use odin to wipe the phone by phone efs clear and repartition. BIG MISTAKE number 2... immediately upon boot the phone went to recovery with the error message about /efs invalid. i tried putting back twrp but its giving me only official binaries are allowed to be flashed at this time. RMM State is PreNormal. I cannot boot to the system to wait for seven days( i already tried with the phone on the recovery screen for 8 days straight...still prenormal).... i had some success booting a 7.0 level 2 combination file..but it too was stuck on the spinning gears. the problem is the rmm state prenormal....how can i get away from this if the phone cannot boot?? I have a full partition backup of my efs cpefs radio in .tar.gz, .tar and .img. with the 7.0 level 2 combination file i can flash files via sd card but it must be verifiable. is there anyway i can make a twrp that would be verifiable?? if i put the phone in download mode and wait the seven days would that work??? thank you for taking the time out to read this lenghty post.. and would appreciate the easiest and cheapest (lol) way to fix this problem...?? is there a super secret way to bypass prenormal?? a local phone shop told me that but it's a secret. ( i believe he was talking about the combination file..lol)[/font][/size][/color].

i cannot flash android 7.0 because it's on level 1 bootloader....the bootloader installed is on level 2 and it's not allowing me to flash level 1 bootloader..error comes up..device 2 binary 1... I have tried everything...now the phone is sitting there on the charger for the past two days with the blinking samsung logo.....would this reset prenormal if i leave it like this for the next 5 days or MUST it boot to the home screen to start the 7 day count down??
This post was last modified: 20-07-2018, 03:21 AM by spanish2.
juvette
juvette
juvette
20-07-2018, 12:51 PM
(20-07-2018, 03:18 AM)spanish2 i cannot flash android 7.0 because it's on level 1 bootloader....the bootloader installed is on level 2 and it's not allowing me to flash level 1 bootloader..error comes up..device 2 binary 1... I have tried everything...now the phone is sitting there on the charger for the past two days with the blinking samsung logo.....would this reset prenormal if i leave it like this for the next 5 days or MUST it boot to the home screen to start the 7 day count down??

As far as I can tell, the phone is bricked. You can't enable OEM unlocking (even if you wait 7 days) since you can't even boot .
A compatible Nougat binary 2 firmware is what you need to first unbrick.

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 20-07-2018, 12:51 PM by juvette.
spanish2
spanish2
spanish2
Enthusiastic Member
20-07-2018, 02:36 PM

(20-07-2018, 12:51 PM)juvette
(20-07-2018, 03:18 AM)spanish2 i cannot flash android 7.0 because it's on level 1 bootloader....the bootloader installed is on level 2 and it's not allowing me to flash level 1 bootloader..error comes up..device 2 binary 1... I have tried everything...now the phone is sitting there on the charger for the past two days with the blinking samsung logo.....would this reset prenormal if i leave it like this for the next 5 days or MUST it boot to the home screen to start the 7 day count down??

As far as I can tell, the phone is bricked. You can't enable OEM unlocking (even if you wait 7 days) since you can't even boot .
A compatible Nougat binary 2 firmware is what you need to first unbrick.

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile

thanks so much for replying...then this is truly bricked because i have tried a level 2 nougat combination firmware...but it too was stuck at the spinning gears screen....hmmmm..wonder if it's gonna work...the combination is just a shell..let me try to get a full level 2 nougat stock.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
20-07-2018, 05:57 PM
(20-07-2018, 02:36 PM)spanish2 thanks so much for replying...then this is truly bricked because i have tried a level 2 nougat combination firmware...but it too was stuck at the spinning gears screen....hmmmm..wonder if it's gonna work...the combination is just a shell..let me try to get a full level 2 nougat stock.

yea you should try searching stock rom, did you also try factory reset in recovery mode after flashing the combination firmware?
spanish2
spanish2
spanish2
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2018, 01:14 AM
(20-07-2018, 05:57 PM)freshtyt
(20-07-2018, 02:36 PM)spanish2 thanks so much for replying...then this is truly bricked because i have tried a level 2 nougat combination firmware...but it too was stuck at the spinning gears screen....hmmmm..wonder if it's gonna work...the combination is just a shell..let me try to get a full level 2 nougat stock.

yea you should try searching stock rom, did you also try factory reset in recovery mode after flashing the combination firmware?

no i haven't tried that one yet...i gave the phone to a local technician to see about it....if he cannot do it then i would try your suggestion... but i believe the phone won't boot because the efs partition is either missing or formatted in an unknown format...hence the phone cannot understand it. the prenormal state is the big issue here as it's not allowing me to flash anything....even though i have full backup of EFS partition. sad scenario.