Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MICROMAX Q372 PHONE DEAD
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MICROMAX Q372 PHONE DEAD

[Please help] MICROMAX Q372 PHONE DEAD

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-07-2018, 05:23 PM

(25-07-2018, 12:53 PM)PJ7 Since I had no other options and the format whole flash except bootloader option was not working and the format whole flash option was not present in any version of sp flash tool for linux.
I had to proceed with manual formating flash.It was successfull.I left the formating address as the default one which was provided by sp flash tool when I opted the option.After manual formating now I am unable to flash the firmware or run a memory test or do anything with the sp flash tool.Although the phone is being detected by the sp flash tool.When I connect it goes until download DA 100% red bar.After which it is stuck at that point.No errors nothing.It is simply stuck at downloading DA 100%.And another thing I noticed is that when I check the usb devices connected to my laptop in which runs on Ubuntu It shows MediaTek Inc. MT6227 phone But it is actually MT6582.And sp flash tool cannot recognize any detail about the phone.

try again using a PC running windows OS
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
26-07-2018, 12:39 PM
(25-07-2018, 05:23 PM)X3non
(25-07-2018, 12:53 PM)PJ7 Since I had no other options and the format whole flash except bootloader option was not working and the format whole flash option was not present in any version of sp flash tool for linux.
I had to proceed with manual formating flash.It was successfull.I left the formating address as the default one which was provided by sp flash tool when I opted the option.After manual formating now I am unable to flash the firmware or run a memory test or do anything with the sp flash tool.Although the phone is being detected by the sp flash tool.When I connect it goes until download DA 100% red bar.After which it is stuck at that point.No errors nothing.It is simply stuck at downloading DA 100%.And another thing I noticed is that when I check the usb devices connected to my laptop in which runs on Ubuntu It shows MediaTek Inc. MT6227 phone But it is actually MT6582.And sp flash tool cannot recognize any detail about the phone.

try again using a PC running windows OS

Wow now that worked.I was able to do all the operation once again when I tried with windows.Except the result is the same.
So I tried with emmc dedicated pattern test.
the result was this.
Error:S_DA_MT_DEDICATED_PATTERN_ERROR(3099)

I tried with formatting once again:
BROM_ERROR : S_DA_INVALID_RANGE(3036)
DA_MEM_CMD command fail.
This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 12:40 PM by PJ7.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-07-2018, 07:17 PM
(26-07-2018, 12:39 PM)PJ7 Wow now that worked.I was able to do all the operation once again when I tried with windows.Except the result is the same.
the result was this.

DA_MEM_CMD command fail.

on windows PC, what error do you get when you flash using download only?
since the phone got bricked, have you been able to flash stock rom onto the device successfully [i.e green tick in SPft]?
This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 07:18 PM by X3non.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
27-07-2018, 05:12 AM
(26-07-2018, 07:17 PM)X3non
(26-07-2018, 12:39 PM)PJ7 Wow now that worked.I was able to do all the operation once again when I tried with windows.Except the result is the same.
the result was this.

DA_MEM_CMD command fail.

on windows PC, what error do you get when you flash using download only?
since the phone got bricked, have you been able to flash stock rom onto the device successfully [i.e green tick in SPft]?

No I did not get any error while flashing in windows.It flashed successfully with green tick.But the device still does not boot up.After flashing when I look at the device manager.I can see under the port option
it is written like this [MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM(Android)]
Hamza Shahzad
Hamza Shahzad
Hamza Shahzad
Techie Member
27-07-2018, 07:16 AM

Once upon a time i was also facing this type of issue that after flashing my phone don't bootup
it was actually my mistake that i did'nt verify that my deivce is genuine and original , i got BQ E6 and i flashed it with Original BQ E6 firmware then my device can't bootup then i found that mt device is a clone because it have some little difference of hardware look from the original E6 , then i flashed different roms with same chip type and founded one thl mobile firmware working with mine but touch can't work and other things,
How did u get bootloop issue with device ? and are u sure ur device is genuine ?
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
27-07-2018, 08:21 AM
(27-07-2018, 07:16 AM)Hamza Shahzad Once upon a time i was also facing this type of issue that after flashing my phone don't bootup
it was actually my mistake that i did'nt verify that my deivce is genuine and original , i got BQ E6 and i flashed it with Original BQ E6 firmware then my device can't bootup then i found that mt device is a clone because it have some little difference of hardware look from the original E6 , then i flashed different roms with same chip type and founded one thl mobile firmware working with mine but touch can't work and other things,
How did u get bootloop issue with device ? and are u sure ur device is genuine ?
Yes I am sure the device is genuine.The bootloop issue came when i wiped the cache through recovery.Then I did flash three stock roms of different build numbers including mine.Still all the three showed the same result that is stuck in boot loop.Finally the phone went dead when I did a format using the format flash except bootloader option in the sp flash tool.
Now I am successfully able to flash the rom except it still remains dead
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-07-2018, 03:04 PM
(27-07-2018, 08:21 AM)PJ7
(27-07-2018, 07:16 AM)Hamza Shahzad Once upon a time i was also facing this type of issue that after flashing my phone don't bootup
Yes I am sure the device is genuine.The bootloop issue came when i wiped the cache through recovery.Then I did flash three stock roms of different build numbers including mine.Still all the three showed the same result that is stuck in boot loop.Finally the phone went dead when I did a format using the format flash except bootloader option in the sp flash tool.

is either the phone is stuck in preloader mode or the battery is drained, try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and plug the phone to charger for few hours.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
27-07-2018, 03:59 PM
(27-07-2018, 03:04 PM)innagee
(27-07-2018, 08:21 AM)PJ7

is either the phone is stuck in preloader mode or the battery is drained, try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and plug the phone to charger for few hours.
Will give it a try.Thank you.
PJ7
PJ7
PJ7
28-07-2018, 07:08 AM
I tried charging for over 12 hours.There is no result.The phone is still dead.I guess it is a problem emmc after all.Since the emmc test in sp flash tool also indicates the same with error while doing a dedicated memory pattern test.
This post was last modified: 28-07-2018, 07:09 AM by PJ7.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-07-2018, 03:34 PM

(28-07-2018, 07:08 AM)PJ7 I tried charging for over 12 hours.There is no result.The phone is still dead.I guess it is a problem emmc after all.Since the emmc test in sp flash tool also indicates the same with error while doing a dedicated memory pattern test.

better to disconnect and reconnect the battery before jumping to conclusion about the emmc chip. if it turns out its really emmc, then you'll need to replace it
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next