Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Fastboot Commands Inaccessible - Flashing Magisk boot.img
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Fastboot Commands Inaccessible - Flashing Magisk boot.img

[Please help] Fastboot Commands Inaccessible - Flashing Magisk boot.img

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
kurasse
kurasse
kurasse
Enthusiastic Member
22-07-2018, 08:34 PM

My objective is to root an LG L90 D415 that I have with Magisk.. Im following the Hovatek tutorial on Youtube / patching "boot.img"
I have the "patched_boot.img" outputted from Magisk.
The problem is this: Fastboot commands on software version 5.0.2 for this device are not functioning, therefore Flashing custom recoverys &/or boot images is not possible through Fastboot.

Is there another way that I can write/flash the "patched_boot.img" for Magisk??

Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8226
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2018, 02:24 PM
(22-07-2018, 08:34 PM)kurasse My objective is to root an LG L90 D415 that I have with Magisk.. Im following the Hovatek tutorial on Youtube / patching "boot.img"
The problem is this: Fastboot commands on software version 5.0.2 for this device are not functioning, therefore Flashing custom recoverys &/or boot images is not possible through Fastboot.

lets see a screenshot of the fastboot cmds you used and the error you got
also is the bootloader of your device unlocked?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-07-2018, 02:25 PM
(22-07-2018, 08:34 PM)kurasse My objective is to root an LG L90 D415 that I have with Magisk.. Im following the Hovatek tutorial on Youtube / patching "boot.img"

Did you ever bump into this post @ https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l90/...p-t3146962

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kurasse
kurasse
kurasse
Enthusiastic Member
24-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Quote:Did you ever bump into this post @ forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l90/general/guide-lg-l90-d415-lollipop-install-twrp-t3146962

I read it before, it says the phone has to be rooted before flashing custom recovery but what Im trying to accomplish is rooting with MAGISK..
This post was last modified: 24-07-2018, 06:52 PM by kurasse.
kurasse
kurasse
kurasse
Enthusiastic Member
24-07-2018, 06:58 PM

(23-07-2018, 02:24 PM)X3non lets see a screenshot of the fastboot cmds you used and the error you got
also is the bootloader of your device unlocked?

I cannot access fastboot, I tried to zero laf.img on 5.0.2 because that works to access fastboot on KitKat stock D415 firmware..but when I did that fastboot commands wouldn't respond. To get Download mode back I had to root through Kingoapp & then install Custom recovery & finally flash a Flashable ZIP ROM & Bootstack.

The bootloader is unlocked out of the box apparently no need to unlock - forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75196068&postcount=212
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2018, 04:10 PM
(24-07-2018, 06:58 PM)kurasse I cannot access fastboot, I tried to zero laf.img on 5.0.2 because that works to access fastboot on KitKat stock D415 firmware..but when I did that fastboot commands wouldn't respond. To get Download mode back I had to root through Kingoapp & then install Custom recovery & finally flash a Flashable ZIP ROM & Bootstack.

The bootloader is unlocked out of the box apparently no need to unlock - forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75196068&postcount=212

If I get you right, rooting (via any approach) isn't exactly the goal; rather, you want to be rooted specifically via Magisk patched boot.img (systemless) right?
as for fastboot commands not responding, did you try using the latest version of fastboot? Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html
This post was last modified: 25-07-2018, 04:21 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kurasse
kurasse
kurasse
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2018, 04:57 AM
(25-07-2018, 04:10 PM)hovatek If I get you right, rooting (via any approach) isn't exactly the goal; rather, you want to be rooted specifically via Magisk patched boot.img (systemless) right?
as for fastboot commands not responding, did you try using the latest version of fastboot? Refer to www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html

Yes, exactly my ultimate goal is to root with Magisk.

I did try using the latest version. ADB detects the device but after issuing "adb reboot-bootloader" the phone boots into normal boot mode & straight into the system interface. No chance to use Fastboot commands..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2018, 12:08 PM
(27-07-2018, 04:57 AM)kurasse Yes, exactly my ultimate goal is to root with Magisk.

I did try using the latest version. ADB detects the device but after issuing "adb reboot-bootloader" the phone boots into normal boot mode & straight into the system interface. No chance to use Fastboot commands..

The goal is to get magisk boot.img in. Since you have custom recovery, you could replace the boot.img in the flashable zip with the magsik boot then flash in custom recovery . As for the fastboot thing, I'm looking up conversations on your phone model running Lollipop

Note!
kurasse
kurasse
kurasse
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2018, 05:18 PM
(27-07-2018, 12:08 PM)hovatek The goal is to get magisk boot.img in. Since you have custom recovery, you could replace the boot.img in the flashable zip with the magsik boot then flash in custom recovery . As for the fastboot thing, I'm looking up conversations on your phone model running Lollipop

I don't have a custom recovery, it's not possible to install without rooting or fastboot. This ROM I have on this phone is the latest version of the software, no modifications have been executed on the system.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-07-2018, 12:59 AM

(27-07-2018, 05:18 PM)kurasse I don't have a custom recovery, it's not possible to install without rooting or fastboot. This ROM I have on this phone is the latest version of the software, no modifications have been executed on the system.

when you zeroed laf, did you also try the other method of booting into fastboot?
switch off the phone > hold vol up > connect the phone to PC via USB
Pages (2): 1 2 Next