Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android If I have scatter file can I just readback stockrom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

If I have scatter file can I just readback stockrom

If I have scatter file can I just readback stockrom

Dj X Pro
Dj X Pro
Dj X Pro
Techie Member
23-07-2018, 07:26 PM

Hi thanx alot for the support

I am asking..

Lets say i have MT6752 scatter file can i just readback any MT6752 stockrom from a phone using sp flashtool 

If I have scatter file Can I skip the mtk droid tool step during rom dump..and I go straight to reading back in sp flashtool
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
23-07-2018, 10:10 PM
(23-07-2018, 07:26 PM)Dj X Pro Hi thanx alot for the support

I am asking..

Lets say i have MT6752 scatter file can i just readback any MT6752 stockrom from a phone using sp flashtool 

If I have scatter file Can I skip the mtk droid tool step during rom dump..and I go straight to reading back in sp flashtool

You'll need a scatter file for your phone's build,
Two (2) different phone's running same chip doesn't mean their scatter file must be the same.
BTW, you can backup MT6752 phone's firmware using miracle, see @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html or use WWR Tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html , Both the methods auto generates valid scatter file

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
Dj X Pro
Dj X Pro
Dj X Pro
Techie Member
23-07-2018, 11:12 PM
I used to use miracle box for backing up but this is what drew me back from it
1..Miracle box z very slow during backup.
2..Sometimes it gives errors when writing files it backed up.
3..Scatter files created with miracle box tend to be so large.
I shouldnt forget to tell u that I am using a crack

Recently i have been using nck box crack which is very quick but then when backing up MT6780 phone NCK doesnt backup the preloader which in turn give error ..ERROR PARSING PRELOADER...when writing back.....

So thats why I was thinking may be i should use SP FLASHTOOL to dump roms because I am sure it gives no errors if well done
Thanxxxxxxxx
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
24-07-2018, 08:30 AM
(23-07-2018, 11:12 PM)Dj X Pro I used to use miracle box for backing up but this is what drew me back from it
1..Miracle box z very slow during backup.
2..Sometimes it gives errors when writing files it backed up.
3..Scatter files created with miracle box tend to be so large.
I shouldnt forget to tell u that I am using a crack

Recently i have been using nck box crack which is very quick but then when backing up MT6780 phone NCK doesnt backup the preloader which in turn give error ..ERROR PARSING PRELOADER...when writing back.....

So thats why I was thinking may be i should use SP FLASHTOOL to dump roms because I am sure it gives no errors if well done
Thanxxxxxxxx

Try using WWR tool, see the link on my previous reply.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2018, 04:05 PM

in addition, if you tick userdata and cache when dumping then you'll get a large dump no matter what tool you used.
e.g trying to dump a phone with 16gb storage, approx 12gb goes to userdata and 200mb for cache

if you're dumping to flash a different phone, then you dont need userdata cause you'll end up having to wipe data / cache in recovery mode after flashing

BUT if you're dumping so you can flash back onto the phone you dumped from at a later stage [i.e if the phone bricks] then you can dump userdata as it will restore your installed apps and settings
Dj X Pro
Dj X Pro
Dj X Pro
Techie Member
24-07-2018, 05:42 PM
I have tried wwr tool...Its just amazing..

Thanx alot..

But wait I have tried on two chips
1.MT6572 which was a Tecno Y2
2.MT6580 which was samsung s5 clone
On Tecno Y2 after RAM TESTING to get full rom size..and reading back full rom ..When i selected the file in wwr tool it gave me the following error
""NO NECCESARY INFORMATION WAS FOUND TO CREATE THE SCATTER'"..
For the samsung clone it was all fine...
I am now repeating again for Tecno Y2..
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2018, 06:52 PM
(24-07-2018, 05:42 PM)Dj X Pro I have tried wwr tool...Its just amazing..

Thanx alot..

But wait I have tried on two chips
1.MT6572 which was a Tecno Y2
2.MT6580 which was samsung s5 clone
On Tecno Y2 after RAM TESTING to get full rom size..and reading back full rom ..When i selected the file in wwr tool it gave me the following error
""NO NECCESARY INFORMATION WAS FOUND TO CREATE THE SCATTER'"..
For the samsung clone it was all fine...
I am now repeating again for Tecno Y2..

ok and also make sure what you dumped in SPft is from emmc_user region