Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Rooting Itel S32LTE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Rooting Itel S32LTE

Rooting Itel S32LTE

vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
04-08-2018, 01:01 AM

I have an Itel S32LTE running on Android 7.0 and have checked all over the Internet on how to root it to no avail. I have tried Kingo Root, iRoot, Root Genius (both Apks and PC versions). I also tried to look for an already built TWRP for the model so I can flash SuperSU as suggested somewhere with no success and I am a layman and can't build my own TWRP.

The bootloader is already unlocked.

Here are additional phone details;

Processor - MT6737M
Build Number - V018

I will so much appreciate any help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-08-2018, 09:51 AM
(04-08-2018, 01:01 AM)vchowe@outlook.com I have an Itel S32LTE running on Android 7.0 and have checked all over the Internet on how to root it to no avail. I have tried Kingo Root, iRoot, Root Genius (both Apks and PC versions). I also tried to look for an already built TWRP for the model so I can flash SuperSU as suggested somewhere with no success and I am a layman and can't build my own TWRP.

The bootloader is already unlocked.

Here are additional phone details;

Processor - MT6737M
Build Number - V018

I will so much appreciate any help.

You're to patch boot.img using Magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html then flash the patched boot.img (after renaming) using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
For that, you'll need the stock boot.img for your phone model (either from firmware or backup). You can backup using wwr @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
This post was last modified: 04-08-2018, 09:54 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
vchowe@outlook.com
14-08-2018, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the walkthrough.

Following your advice I managed to backup the firmware using Wwr + SP Flash tool, patched the boot.img in Magisk and flashed the patched_boot.img in fastboot. I verified root using Root Checker and I'm being told my phone is not rooted. I tried renaming the patched_boot.img to just boot.img before flashing it again but the same thing happens.

Any other thoughts?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-08-2018, 12:00 PM
(14-08-2018, 02:53 AM)vchowe@outlook.com Thanks for the walkthrough.

Following your advice I managed to backup the firmware using Wwr + SP Flash tool, patched the boot.img in Magisk and flashed the patched_boot.img in fastboot. I verified root using Root Checker and I'm being told my phone is not rooted. I tried renaming the patched_boot.img to just boot.img before flashing it again but the same thing happens.

Any other thoughts?

Reboot the device then launch any app that requires root permission

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.