Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Re-occurring pop-up / adware issue
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Re-occurring pop-up / adware issue

[Please help] Re-occurring pop-up / adware issue

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Golobolus
Golobolus
Golobolus
07-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to thank you for the past solutions that you have provided, all of them worked flawlessly!

Now on to my issue, I am currently experiencing this browser pop-up adware of some sort... I'm not sure where to fix it as I have already installed Bitdefender + Malwarebytes on my Phone but it seems to be NOT detecting the issues [I even bought a subscription on both APPS but still nothing seems to work]. I have factory reset my phone several times and it seems to halt the operation maybe because it is recognized as a new install of some sort but after some time the pop-ups would launch again like what is happening now. I'm using TWRP as recovery and I have updated the Stock Gapps with the latest Nano pack from its website. My phone is rooted using Magisk and I have also the Magisk Manager, I also installed Greenify under the Magisk Modules, other than that all my apps are from Google Play. Is it possible that Google Play apps are not that securely scanned? I only installed a couple of social media apps from Play Store [Facebook, Skype, Viber], A custom Launcher [Nova Launcher] nothing more. My Phone specifications are attached to this post.

thanks again in advance guys!

Cheers!
This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 01:39 PM by Golobolus.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180807-194042.png
Size: 77.06 KB / Downloads: 10
.png
Screenshot_20180807-194048.png
Size: 70.84 KB / Downloads: 7
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
07-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Perform factory reset again , but this time, leave Nova launcher out of your installations
Golobolus
Golobolus
Golobolus
07-08-2018, 09:29 PM
(07-08-2018, 01:54 PM)EMMANUS Perform factory reset again , but this time, leave Nova launcher out of your installations

Will do that and will give you feedback again after a week or so.

Thank you for the swift response @EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
08-08-2018, 12:15 AM
Welcome
Golobolus
Golobolus
Golobolus
31-08-2018, 02:47 AM

Hi Guys,

I have again experienced the same issue, its as if there is a countdown of some sort on the firmware that I have, yesterday the pop-up started again. As suggested by EMMANUS from the last message i did a factory reset and didn't install apps that are not 100% sure to be adware safe.

So I did factory reset, installed gapps nano from its main provider, installed Magisk Manager, Greenify from Magisk Modules, and that's it. Then yesterday I got again the pop-ups after some weeks.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
31-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Is your phone a gionee?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
31-08-2018, 11:58 AM
(31-08-2018, 02:47 AM)Golobolus Hi Guys,

I have again experienced the same issue, its as if there is a countdown of some sort on the firmware that I have, yesterday the pop-up started again. As suggested by EMMANUS from the last message i did a factory reset and didn't install apps that are not 100% sure to be adware safe.

So I did factory reset, installed gapps nano from its main provider, installed Magisk Manager, Greenify from Magisk Modules, and that's it. Then yesterday I got again the pop-ups after some weeks.

Try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-remo...oid-phone/
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
31-08-2018, 04:30 PM

are those the only three apps you installed?
have you tried flashing stock rom? {this will help clarify if its from the rom itself or your phone got infected somehow}
Golobolus
Golobolus
Golobolus
01-09-2018, 12:19 PM
(31-08-2018, 08:14 AM)EMMANUS Is your phone a gionee?

Hi EMMANUS, my phone is a Firefly Intense Metal 2
Golobolus
Golobolus
Golobolus
01-09-2018, 12:21 PM

(31-08-2018, 11:58 AM)innagee

Try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-remo...oid-phone/

Thank you innagee

I will take a look on the tutorial that you've posted.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next